PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone read The Second Mark by Joy Goodwin

Pages : 1 2 [3]

danceronice
05-27-2010, 02:40 PM
One that managed to piss everyone off.

And screw both pairs. What was really made clear from the testimony (besides that there was indeed funny business and vote-trading going on) was that $peedy and Co. did not give a crap about either couple, the media, or even who won what medal. All they cared about was not having to answer to the CAS and the IOC and that they didn't lose their jobs.

Fergus
05-27-2010, 03:08 PM
I agree with the above posters who enjoyed the youth and training stories of the pairs, they were very well done.

Also of interest and fairly new: Figure Skating's Greatest Stars by Steve Milton. It has much more anecdotal history then the mere listing of wins in paragraph form as seen in Hines' Figure Skating: A History.

Our library has Milton's book listed as YA, but it was an enjoyable and informative read for this 38 year old.

VIETgrlTerifa
05-28-2010, 01:11 AM
I agree with the above posters who enjoyed the youth and training stories of the pairs, they were very well done.

Also of interest and fairly new: Figure Skating's Greatest Stars by Steve Milton. It has much more anecdotal history then the mere listing of wins in paragraph form as seen in Hines' Figure Skating: A History.

Our library has Milton's book listed as YA, but it was an enjoyable and informative read for this 38 year old.

I was all set and ready to buy Milton's book until he got into his whole Sale/Pelltier were robbed in SLC spiel and I just couldn't financially support it any more.