PDA

View Full Version : All 2010 Retirements/Splits

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

cruisin
05-15-2010, 12:56 AM
Really?

:eek:

Yes, it's not surprising really. They've been skating for a long time. They are ready for a new adventure. Roman is 27 (birth date 4/83) and has had some injuries. They have done remarkably well and should be very proud of how well they represented Israel. And Israel should be proud of them. I wish them all the best.

MikiAndoFan#1
05-15-2010, 12:59 AM
Yes, it's not surprising really. They've been skating for a long time. They are ready for a new adventure. Roman is 27 (birth date 4/83) and has had some injuries. They have done remarkably well and should be very proud of how well they represented Israel. And Israel should be proud of them. I wish them all the best.

:fragile:

Will Alexandra search for a new partner? She's still young.

shan
05-15-2010, 01:24 AM
Dance: Andrea Chong & Guillaume Gfeller. He retired and Guillaume said in the article that he doesn't know what Andrea will do.
An article in French:
http://linformationdunordvalleedelarouge.canoe.ca/webapp/sitepages/content.asp?contentid=137066&id=1425

I liked them the few times I saw them this season...

cruisin
05-15-2010, 01:25 AM
:fragile:

Will Alexandra search for a new partner? She's still young.

I don't think so. She's been skating since she was very young, I think she wants a life. :)

MikiAndoFan#1
05-15-2010, 01:35 AM
I don't think so. She's been skating since she was very young, I think she wants a life. :)

Oh, I see.

:)

I wish both of them the best in their life and good luck on whatever they plan to do in the future!

Debbie S
05-15-2010, 03:08 AM
I understand that Khoklova is going to Shpilband, tried out with Stagniunas. But that didn't result in a team.So is she partnering with Fedor?

Zaretskis are retiring.Bummer, I was hoping they'd skate for another year or 2, but I can understand. I wish them the best. Does Israel have another dance team?

cruisin
05-15-2010, 05:09 AM
So is she partnering with Fedor?

I've heard rumors, but nothing substantial.

Bummer, I was hoping they'd skate for another year or 2, but I can understand. I wish them the best. Does Israel have another dance team?

None of any status, that I'm aware of.

shah
05-15-2010, 03:29 PM
In my opinion, the judges slammed the door to the wrong couple!

:wall:

if we think of the same couple, I agree :)

Zaretskis are retiring.

:eek:. for me that's quite unexpected!

btw, goo Gizmoo, skate till 80! :D

icecat
05-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Last I heard Brooke Frieling and Lionel Rumi were representing Israel..not much high level experience, however. Rumi did some JGP's for France, I think Freiling's highest US finish was 10th or 11th in Novice with Buck Withrow. She trained with Ben Westenberger for a few months and eventually moved to PA where she partnered with Rumi, after working with a Russian dancer. I think they did one Int'l last year.Haven't heard much since then, though. Could turn out to be pretty good with a bunch more experience together.Only saw one video, so it's hard to tell, they were still pretty raw. It took Copley and Saguinas time to gel so who knows.

skatak
05-15-2010, 04:27 PM
wow... after Worlds in Torino i just thought the Zars could be verrry close to the Euros podium.
would have like to see other FD from them, but hey they can do other things than skating... thanks to them !

pinky166
05-15-2010, 08:20 PM
No more Verner and Huth (for now)! Tomas will be training at a number of different locations abroad this summer and plans to stay abroad and continue to train there if he likes training overseas :)

Kaede48
05-15-2010, 11:00 PM
Zaretskis??? Didn't expect that, they kept getting better!
Anything about Faiella/Scali or Pechalat/Bourzat?

cruisin
05-15-2010, 11:25 PM
Zaretskis??? Didn't expect that, they kept getting better!

Yes they did. I believe that they would continue to get better. That is not about why they are retiring. I think they are both just ready to move on. I mean they've been skating together for 15 years, that's a long time. 15 years of sacrifice and hard work. I think they just want to go to school and have a life away from competition. They will be coaching.

FTR, Roman is 26, until December (I never said I could do arithmetic :duh::lol:).

Maximillian
05-15-2010, 11:35 PM

I thought she turned 80 two years ago!

Valentina
05-16-2010, 12:09 AM
if we think of the same couple, I agree :)

:eek:. for me that's quite unexpected!

wich couple you guys are thinking???!! I'm curious! :lol: