PDA

View Full Version : All 2010 Retirements/Splits

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

igniculus
05-14-2010, 06:15 AM
Julia Sebestyen is reported to have retired, IIRC.

Yes.

Polymer Bob
05-14-2010, 01:36 PM
What does it take to get rid of them????
They should retire and start making babies (shudders at the thought of a John Baldwin III)!!!

I have slowly come to the realization that few skating careers end on a totally happy note. Anyway, here we have a team who have only won 2 ISU events, and have never won a competition off of American soil. Maybe they want to achieve at least one more significant victory before retiring. This would increase their value in the touring circuit.

Dilng
05-14-2010, 06:19 PM
They should retire and start making babies (shudders at the thought of a John Baldwin III)!!!

:lol:My thoughts exactly!!

Mevrouw
05-14-2010, 06:20 PM
Castile/Okolski have retired.
Navarro & Bommentre also.

Langlois & Hay - she says "retired' on her facebook page

haribobo
05-14-2010, 07:12 PM
Castile/Okolski have retired.
Navarro & Bommentre also.

Langlois & Hay - she says "retired' on her facebook page

Glad we are all on the same page!

Gimazetdinova retired too right?

poths
05-14-2010, 07:25 PM
Copley is such a disappointment for me. :( She had way more to give.

The rest had gone as far as they were going to go, :respec: to Sebesteyen and Poykio for :kickass: programs over the last decade (here and there ;) )

As much as I disliked Langois as a performer, she helped Cody become a pretty class A pairs partner. I hope he continues as I feel he has MANY more years in him and could be stellar with a good female.

MOIJTO
05-14-2010, 09:11 PM
Tanith & Ben?! Really?

:drama:

Really, the door was slammed in their face this year at Olympics, I would take that as a "please retire" from the judges!

MikiAndoFan#1
05-14-2010, 09:26 PM
Really, the door was slammed in their face this year at Olympics, I would take that as a "please retire" from the judges!

In my opinion, the judges slammed the door to the wrong couple!

:wall:

mia joy
05-14-2010, 11:55 PM
Any news whether the Kerrs are continuing or retiring? Considering the 2012 Euros in GB I really hope they stay until then, but you never know.

jlai
05-15-2010, 12:05 AM
I have slowly come to the realization that few skating careers end on a totally happy note. Anyway, here we have a team who have only won 2 ISU events, and have never won a competition off of American soil. Maybe they want to achieve at least one more significant victory before retiring. This would increase their value in the touring circuit.

It depends on the expectation of the skater (or fans).
If the skater thinks that nothing but the Olympic medal and world gold will fulfill his/her potential--something FSUers tend to believe themselves-- then very very few skaters end on a happy note, because only skaters like Tara and Evan fit the bill. Even Brian, with his one world gold, is saidto have not fulfilled potential (while true, he certainly has fulfilled a lot).

If the expectation is just to medal at a big event, then we have a max of 15 skaters who fit the category (15 medals at world / Oly. per O cycle).

If the expectation is just to have skated clean competitions or end with a strong competition, then more skaters fall into that category. Even KVP can say he ends happily (if he retires now).

MikiAndoFan#1
05-15-2010, 12:38 AM
Any news whether the Kerrs are continuing or retiring? Considering the 2012 Euros in GB I really hope they stay until then, but you never know.

I think they plan on competing one more season, but until 2012 would be great!

:cheer2:

Ziggy
05-15-2010, 12:38 AM

They will have a baby girl and a baby boy twins and once they grow up they will become a Baldwin/Baldwin pair team.

Gimazetdinova retired too right?

I haven't seen or heard any announcements. I guess you would expect her too but then I am hoping she's going to skate until she's 57 at least. :glamor:

No definite decision yet. Last I heard they were still thinking about whether to retire or continue a bit longer.

cruisin
05-15-2010, 12:42 AM
I understand that Khoklova is going to Shpilband, tried out with Stagniunas. But that didn't result in a team.

Zaretskis are retiring.

MikiAndoFan#1
05-15-2010, 12:46 AM
Zaretskis are retiring.

Really?

:eek:

quebecoise
05-15-2010, 12:54 AM
Dance: Andrea Chong & Guillaume Gfeller. He retired and Guillaume said in the article that he doesn't know what Andrea will do.
An article in French:
http://linformationdunordvalleedelarouge.canoe.ca/webapp/sitepages/content.asp?contentid=137066&id=1425