PDA

View Full Version : How to sort of disinvite somebody

Pages : 1 [2]

Cupid
05-13-2010, 02:15 AM
I got one of those "uninvited" calls once. The caller said everything BUT I do not want you coming with us anymore. LOL It did not take long to get the message, so I told her I changed my mind and would have to decline her invitation. I did not throw a fit but have since been VERY reluctant to accept anymore invites from that person. :shuffle:

Did you ever figure out "why"?;)

KatieC
05-13-2010, 03:48 AM
I was uninvited once too - the husband of a supposed friend called me to get the names and phone numbers of several common friends to invite to a surprise birthday party for his wife. I gave them to him and I thought that was it. He then called me again about three weeks later to stammer out that I wasn't invited - too many people or some such crap. I was laughing by the end of the call since I didn't want to attend anyhow, but he was an ass. His wife is the kind of friend you want to keep in front of you - never behind - the bleeding would be too severe.

allezfred
05-13-2010, 04:51 PM
And I will tell daughter to not get too upset with her, since she is just one of two benefactors in my sister's will. That will shut her up! :D

Obviously, you know the situation best, but isn't being nice to somebody because they might leave you something in their will a tad mercenary? :shuffle:

I remember my mother being absolutely devastated after getting nothing in an aunt's will. The aunt had told her for years and years she'd get something.