PDA

View Full Version : 2010-11 US Senior Men

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19]

DORISPULASKI
02-14-2011, 12:32 AM
New system? I'm not aware of any changes.

USFS has always used US Nationals as it's selection tool?

Why do you think Johnny Weir didn't make it to Worlds in 2009, when he was a World bronze medallist, and had made the GPF.

Theatregirl1122
02-14-2011, 12:51 AM
New system? I'm not aware of any changes.

USFS has always used US Nationals as it's selection tool?

Why do you think Johnny Weir didn't make it to Worlds in 2009, when he was a World bronze medallist, and had made the GPF.

Yeah, I have no idea what "new system" either. Yes, Brandon lost to guys with no quads but that is sort of misleading since his quad was downgraded. Brandon also needs to be able to get his levels up on his spins and step sequences at the end of his program. Both spins and the step sequence were level 1 which isn't going to cut it. He has things, not just PCS, that he needs to work on. I've said before that I'd like to see him with a different coach, but I don't really believe that is what is going to happen.

haribobo
02-14-2011, 03:09 AM
With this new system, we're not growing and rewarding skaters who go out on thier GP assignments and do thier jobs.

:rolleyes: This is bar none the least sensible post I've seen since Nationals.

centerpt1
02-14-2011, 06:45 AM
This is bar none the least sensible post I've seen since Nationals.

Totally agree. Who wrote that? Obviously my (computer, twitter, facebook) was hacked.
Obviously.

shan
02-14-2011, 06:48 AM
Totally agree. Who wrote that? Obviously my (computer, twitter, facebook) was hacked.
Obviously.

:rofl:

orbitz
02-14-2011, 05:38 PM
WHile we are on the topic, I am wondering what Mroz will do next season. Despite the quad he keeps losing to the quadless boys at nationals.
There doesn't seem to be much joy in his skating and he probably could use a bit more passion if he wants to take his skating to another level.

Even when Mroz landed his quad this season, it looked like he was barely hanging on to the landing. His jumps stopped looking impressive after his silver medal at Nationals two years ago. Aside from the jumps, the rest of his skating is just so blah. I think maybe he has reached the peak of what he's capable of.

LilJen
02-14-2011, 07:13 PM
Or, who knows, the final results might have been different with different judges? ;)

Or--heaven forbid--with different scores randomly dropped. (Do they still do that? I remember people doing calculations with different scores dropped wrt Johnny v Evan and Johnny could have won had different marks been dropped.)

gkelly
02-14-2011, 07:31 PM
Or--heaven forbid--with different scores randomly dropped. (Do they still do that?)

No. The ISU stopped doing it a year or two ago. I don't think USFS ever did it.

Marco
02-15-2011, 02:45 AM
Even when Mroz landed his quad this season, it looked like he was barely hanging on to the landing. His jumps stopped looking impressive after his silver medal at Nationals two years ago. Aside from the jumps, the rest of his skating is just so blah. I think maybe he has reached the peak of what he's capable of.

He has the jumps and nothing else. Many others have the jumps too and pretty much everything else as well.

There isn't going to be a break through until he decides to leave Tom Z and work on other areas of his skating.