View Full Version : 2010-11 US Senior Men

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

MikiAndoFan#1
01-30-2011, 11:45 PM
Congratulations, Ryan! :cheer2: :cheer: Jeremy... :fragile:

smileyskate
01-31-2011, 12:49 AM
Happy for Ryan.

Heartbroken for Jeremy. Will he even be able to get the funding to go on?

Hopefully he has enough funding from any shows that he did & any current sponsorships, etc. to help him continue if that is what he wants.

On a related note, now that all the skaters are done, how do you all think Johnny would have fared this time out at U.S. Nationals?

Squibble
01-31-2011, 12:51 AM
I expect Rippon to win Nationals easily. It is pretty clear by now Abbott will never be a serious contender at the World level but he will probably be 2nd. 3rd place is wide open.

:lol:

ryanbfan
01-31-2011, 01:02 AM
Worlds:
Bradley
Dornbush
Miner
Alt 1 Abbott
Alt 2 Rippon
Alt 3 Mahbanoozadeh

4CCs:
Abbott
Ripoon
Mahbanoozadeh
Alt 1 Mroz
Alt 2 Razzano
Alt 3 Cassar

Jr. Worlds
Messing
Brown
Aaron
Alt 1 Zahradnicek
Alt 2 Evans
Alt 3 Warren

DickButtonFan
01-31-2011, 01:06 AM
Soooo excited for Dornbush, loved him at the jr GPF. Wonder if Zhang sees what a HUGE mistake she has made yet?

orbitz
01-31-2011, 01:10 AM
It will be very interesting to see how the U.S. men will stack up at Worlds. Are we in danger of possibly getting only two spots for next year?

pinky166
01-31-2011, 01:21 AM
I'm upset that the USFSA is sending a different men's team to Worlds and 4CC but the same ladies team to both...

Allisanna
01-31-2011, 01:30 AM
It will be very interesting to see how the U.S. men will stack up at Worlds. Are we in danger of possibly getting only two spots for next year?

I think we might be. I would have put Jeremy in the 3rd Worlds spot since the scores were extremely close and Jeremy has more experience. Maybe the new kids will skate great since there won't be any expectations.

judgejudy27
01-31-2011, 01:43 AM
LOL the 4 Continents mens team is stronger than the Worlds team. The U.S men are going to do piss poor at Worlds this year I am afraid. And I fear for them sending Flatt over Nagasu too, I dont think that was the right choice at all. Flatt is not someone you should hold up with comparable skates/mistakes to a far more talented and promising skater. I fear the U.S in singles at Worlds, the women probably wont get 3 spots back, and the men might not even get 2.

judgejudy27
01-31-2011, 01:44 AM

I would say the U.S men getting 3 spots for next year would be a miracle with the team they are sending. It is beyond danger of only getting 2 spots, that would be best case scenario for them is getting 2 spots. What do they have to do to even get 2 spots, dont they need a total of 28?

judgejudy27
01-31-2011, 01:46 AM
:lol:

So what, nobody would have predicted these results including you so what are you laughing at exactly. Show me where you predicted a World team of Bradley, Dornbush, and Miner. :lol: And I was sure right on Abbott being overrated and his contending days on the World level being long in past, which nearly everyone jumped on me for. Man was I ever right on that. I overrated Rippon sadly, unfortunate as he looked like he had potential but is faltering badly now.

haribobo
01-31-2011, 01:46 AM
LOL the 4 Continents mens team is stronger than the Worlds team. The U.S men are going to do piss poor at Worlds this year I am afraid.

Oh yes, because your Nationals predictions were so dead on the money. :rofl:

Granted, nobody could really have predicted what happened today. But its the negativity and overconfidence in all your predictions that ticks a lot of people off. You seem to get a lot of pleasure out of dooming a nice guy and fantastic skater like Jeremy Abbott. Don't know what that's all about.

judgejudy27
01-31-2011, 01:51 AM
Everyone else predicted Abbott winning and Rippon 2nd. I predicted the reverse. Neither even made the World team. Everyone else was just as wrong as I was. The only difference is I mostly overrated Rippon while everyone else continues to overrate Abbott. Atleast I was specific in how IMO Abbott was on the way down in a big way in this thread before the season even started, which everyone went irate about since he is some sort of demi god around here it seems. I was proven right with flying colors on that, so really what I had previously said was more on the mark than anyone who argued with me it turned out. If I wanted to I could go back to alot of the quotes in this thread how Abbott was going to win Nationals easily and how I was stupid to count him out as a big shot at a World medal this year, LOL! Those look even worse now than any of my quotes.

And I dont do anything but give my opinions. It is not my problem that so many people cant stand opinions that arent gushing over their favorites (eg- Abbott who seems to have a huge fan base on this forum).

And all that said I still would put Abbott on the World team. He barely lost to 2 guys who are likely to far worse than him at Worlds. Abbott atleast would make retaining 2 spots safe, and given an outside shot at 3 spots if both he and Bradley had the event of their lives. Now without him or Rippon (though Rippon has been a huge dissapointment lately) the U.S has no shot at 3 spots really, and could even be in danger of getting 2. I hope they atleast retain 2.

haribobo
01-31-2011, 01:54 AM
Be that as it may, I still think saying the US guys will do "piss-poor" is pretty obnoxious. They are good skaters in the prime of their careers. Sure, they aren't Patrick Chan. But I've seen nothing in their performances this season to indicate such a cruddy outlook. But if we all had the same opinion it would be a boring world, eh?

judgejudy27
01-31-2011, 01:57 AM
I hope the U.S men do well. However looking at their scores and the low international reps of all 3 (including Bradley to some degree) I dont see how there isnt some major concern how they will fare. None of them are going to get even respectable PCS internationally. Bradley is the only one who could achieve a respectable result due to his experience and quads but only if he hits that jump content, but the worry is he has never delivered that in his past trip to Worlds for a decent showing. I hope they retain 2 spots though.

I am sure it is scary for the USFSA to not have Abbott and Rippon on the team. They didnt deliver at Nationals and that is what happens, but the funny thing is the PCS of the lower tier skaters get more inflated at Nationals than even the better skaters.