PDA

View Full Version : 2010-11 US Senior Men

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19

personwhoishere
12-06-2010, 12:46 AM
:sekret: Sources have confirmed to me Ryan is 100% competing at Nationals. I can't say who told me (don't want to get her in trouble), but let's just say she's a very legit source.

And after watching Ryan skate yesterday, I think he has a good chance at maybe taking a higher medal. His quad is looking 100% better, and he told me he has his 3a back.

Oh hooray! He's by far my favorite US mens skater right now. His on-ice personality is so charming!:swoon:

DORISPULASKI
12-06-2010, 05:56 AM
Yes! Unfortunately it was not his best skate last night, popped the quad and tripped on some ice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3HdT0GCxBs

I'm amazed he completed a triple and a backflip with that huge Christmas tree in the way!

ryanbfan
12-06-2010, 06:10 AM
I'm amazed he completed a triple and a backflip with that huge Christmas tree in the way!

Most people can do triples here :), last year Ryan did a fully rotated quad but the landing was wonky. Dan does backflips all around that rink (he's the Santa). It's a pretty neat show :)

Jaana
12-06-2010, 08:14 AM
Has Bradley been able to participate in Worlds more than twice (2010 18th and 2007 15th)? That means that he has not been able to skate well enough at the Nationals, doesnīt it? Now with Lysacek and Weir not competiting at Nationals, would Bradley be able to beat e.g. Abbott, Mroz and Rippon? Isnīt he now 27 or something like that?

I have seen his skating in Finlandia Trophy live, and really liked it. Maybe he just isnīt a good competitor? He though would be a great show skater...

DORISPULASKI
12-06-2010, 12:07 PM
Yes Bradley has only been twice to Worlds (one year he was 2nd at US Nationals, and last year).

Bradley used to have level1 footwork and spins, plus was a bit slow. In recent years, he has upped the level of footwork and spins, plus he has acquired a fairly reliable quad, to the point where he put the quad combination in the SP. The last couple years he's been 4th at US Nationals, which last year got him his 2nd trip to Worlds, where he skated on a broken foot which required surgery.

Of course, Abbott and Lysacek have both been ahead of him, and all but one year Weir was, too, and the year before, Mroz. Rippon was behind him last year. It's a deep field recent years in the US. Plus Ryan's had problems with his 3A. He usually either pops it, falls on it, or does a 2A (sometimes wonky on that too). In the deep dark past, he had a lovely 3A. I don't know why he lost it.

If as ryanbfan reports, his 3A is back following his surgery, and he hits his quad once in the SP and twice in the LP (as he did last year), they might let an old duffer like Ryan have the 3rd place :rolleyes: despite being 27. This year, those quads will actually garner some bigger points for him. But because of his speed, his PCS will be low.

haribobo
12-06-2010, 05:49 PM
But because of his speed, his PCS will be low.

IMO Ryan's PCS should be on par with Rippon, Keegan, and Armin, and higher than Mroz, on the basis on CH and PE. Good luck I hope he rocks at Nats. :cheer2:

DORISPULASKI
12-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Well, I certainly think so, but I am definitely a fan of Ryan's.

RockTheTassel
12-06-2010, 09:47 PM
:sekret: Sources have confirmed to me Ryan is 100% competing at Nationals.

:cheer:

I don't want to get my hopes up too much (even if he's planning on it now, we know Ryan's been dealing with his foot injury, thoughts about retirement, ect.), but I would love for this to happen. His LP at nationals last year was such a delight. Watching skaters who perform the way he does is one of the reasons I love figure skating. It's awesome to see someone with his ability to engage an audience, and he's such a great addition to the sport. I'm glad to hear his jumps are going well, and best of luck to him if he returns this season.

pinky166
12-06-2010, 10:11 PM
IMO Ryan's PCS should be on par with Rippon, Keegan, and Armin, and higher than Mroz, on the basis on CH and PE. Good luck I hope he rocks at Nats. :cheer2:

Last year he got 74 for PCS in the FS, so while by nationals standards, they aren't huge, those are still good marks and should keep him in the running for a medal should he skate well.

Sylvia
12-12-2010, 03:22 AM
Paging chipso1! Can you please post an updated international scores list for the U.S. Senior men (Dornbush really made a statement with his dominating win at the JGP Final this weekend!) when you get a chance? TIA! :)

chipso1
12-12-2010, 03:57 AM
Paging chipso1! Can you please post an updated international scores list for the U.S. Senior men (Dornbush really made a statement with his dominating win at the JGP Final this weekend!) when you get a chance? TIA! :)

Only because you asked so nice. ;)

2010-11 U.S. Senior Men
Top International Scores -- Through the GPF/JGPF

1. Adam Rippon (233.04) Skate Canada
2. Richard Dornbush (219.56) Junior GPF
3. Jeremy Abbott (218.19) NHK Trophy
4. Brandon Mroz (216.80) Cup of China
5. Armin Mahbanoozadeh (211.17) Skate America
6. Ross Miner (197.13) Cup of China

7. Joshua Farris (187.74) JGP Sheffield
8. Keegan Messing (187.38) JGP Brasov
9. Douglas Razzano (185.70) Ice Challenge, Graz
10. Stephen Carriere (184.20) Skate America
11. Grant Hochstein (183.51) Finlandia Trophy
12. Jason Brown (180.57) JGP Courchevel

13. Jason Wong (179.55) Nebelhorn Trophy
14. Jonathan Cassar (171.95) Finlandia Trophy
15. William Brewster (167.67) Coupe de Nice DNQ to Nationals

Senior men with higher Regional/Sectional scores (in brackets) and those w/ no international score this season:

[Jason Brown (Mids) 197.98]
[Grant Hochstein (Mids) 191.22]
[Jonathan Cassar (Coasts) 184.66]
Alex Johnson (SW Regionals) 184.60
Scott Dyer (Easterns) 182.27
Andrew Gonzales (SWP Regionals) 182.11
Christopher Caluza (Coasts) 178.19
Sean Rabbitt (SWP Regionals) 176.29
Parker Pennington (Mids) 176.26
Wesley Campbell (Easterns) 160.41
Lloyd Ting (Easterns) 150.54

dinakt
12-12-2010, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the updated scores! US has an amazing depth in men, that's all I'm going to say. Nationals are going to be a treat.

Sylvia
12-13-2010, 04:01 PM
Now that he's won the Junior Grand Prix Final title on his third try, I'm reposting the link to the Richard Dornbush article from October (includes quotes after he won the JGP in Dresden): http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2010/102410.shtml

For his entire career, the Californian has been coached by Tammy Gambill, which is quite rare these days.

"I have been with my coach the entire time, probably about 12 years," Dornbush revealed. "I've got a very good relationship with her. It's definitely changed as I've gotten older, but it's definitely a very good relationship."

Off the ice, Dornbush is in his first semester at city college.
"I just started training the quad toe in the program," he shared, "so I'd like to be able to do it in competition sometime. But I'm not going to try it if the rest of my program is suffering because of it. That's one possible goal I'd like to see myself to be able to complete. Otherwise I just want to skate the best programs as I can at every competition."

Sylvia
12-17-2010, 09:58 PM
From a review article about the Brian Boitano Skating Spectacular -- linked posted in this thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76529

Thursday's event also gave the audience a shot at seeing some of the latest skating from those still in the medal hunt. Bradley did the short program he plans to perform for the U.S. Nationals and it was full of those oh-so-necessary triple jumps. Done to “Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy,” it had all the bells and whistles you'd expect from a strong competitor.

semogal
12-18-2010, 05:08 AM
From a review article about the Brian Boitano Skating Spectacular -- linked posted in this thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76529

This bit of Ryan Bradley news has made my night. So glad we will get to see him at Nationals.