PDA

View Full Version : 2010-11 US Senior Men

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Jaana
12-05-2010, 07:45 AM
I think that the US 2011 Worlds team might be Mroz, Rippon and Abbott. I enjoy the skating of them all very much, but somehow have the feeling that Mroz will do really well this season...

DORISPULASKI
12-05-2010, 08:40 AM
It would be interesting if Ryan shows up and lands all his quads, given the scoring system changes. And maybe a 3A or two, because he used to have a good one, that suddenly became non existent :confused:

But I just want to see his programs, really, however he places.

aftershocks
12-05-2010, 09:00 AM
Speaking of U.S. Men, IMO, Jeremy (Abbott) and (Adam) Rippon are way better musically and artistically, and more talented all-around skaters than that big gun Olympic gold medalist guy. Remains to be seen how competitive the U.S. men will ultimately be against their competition. Politics and reputation, as usual will play a role in the scoring. Jeremy seems not to be getting full respect from the judges this year for the difficulty of his programs. Adam is still developing, but has loads more style and grace than many male skaters at his age. It's because of his astonishing jumping ability (that can go awry at times) that Oda is even in the conversation as a top competitor.

My picks for the future of men's skating: Takahiko Kosuka; Jason Brown; Adam Rippon; Yuzuru Hanyu

olympic
12-05-2010, 03:51 PM
As I look at these scores, it is the complete opposite of US Ladies - Rippon, Abbott, Mroz are all pretty much solidified as the top. I know that Armin is not that far behind Mroz [or Abbott for that matter], but I think Mroz, despite how boring he can be, has an clear advantage over Armin due to solid jumps that include a Quad, 3x-3t, 3x, and 2 3z's. Plus, he has a longer history at or near the top and has been a top 10 finisher at Worlds.

muffinbiscuit
12-05-2010, 05:11 PM
I've enjoyed watching Jason skate over the last few years. He seems to have had all the triples up through the lutz for a while. And, his jumps are very consistent. It is puzzling that he is not trying the 3 axel in competition yet. He has stayed with the same coach for a while and they obviously have a rapport. But, would it be wise for him to consider a change if he doesn't get the axel soon.

Sylvia
12-05-2010, 05:26 PM
I've enjoyed watching Jason skate over the last few years. He seems to have had all the triples up through the lutz for a while.
It is my understanding that Brown only starting landing the 3Lz, 3F and 3Lo consistently in the summer of 2009. He will turn 16 this month and there's no rush, IMO, for him to try the 3A in competition until he feels ready.

ETA: Turns out that 2011 Four Continents (Feb. 15-20) ends 8 days before Junior Worlds in South Korea begins (Feb. 28-March 6, 2011), and so I think it's unlikely that anyone will be assigned to both competitions.

blue_idealist
12-05-2010, 08:33 PM
I think Abbott could be a contender for the worlds gold medal, if he could skate two programs cleanly there (and others make errors).. problem is he usually doesn't..

ryanbfan
12-05-2010, 08:53 PM
:sekret: Sources have confirmed to me Ryan is 100% competing at Nationals. I can't say who told me (don't want to get her in trouble), but let's just say she's a very legit source.

And after watching Ryan skate yesterday, I think he has a good chance at maybe taking a higher medal. His quad is looking 100% better, and he told me he has his 3a back.

DORISPULASKI
12-05-2010, 10:14 PM
Any vids of Ryan skating? :cheer2: :cheer2:

ryanbfan
12-05-2010, 11:24 PM
Any vids of Ryan skating? :cheer2: :cheer2:

Yes! Unfortunately it was not his best skate last night, popped the quad and tripped on some ice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3HdT0GCxBs

Jenna
12-05-2010, 11:28 PM
Thank you for this top secret info, ryanbfan! :cheer2:

With the way the men are skating this season, Ryan might be able to take his first gold. Oh my God, even just thinking about that prospect is so amazing!

Nomad
12-05-2010, 11:33 PM
Someone I really, really like will be off the podium. :( Rats. But I look forward to a Willie Wonka program from Ryan. :cheer2:

ryanbfan
12-06-2010, 12:04 AM
With the way the men are skating this season, Ryan might be able to take his first gold. Oh my God, even just thinking about that prospect is so amazing!

:cheer2: :cheer2: not gonna lie, i will probably cry if Ryan takes the gold. That'd be beyond amazing <3

mgobluegirl
12-06-2010, 12:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3HdT0GCxBs

I think I've had nightmares about trying to skate with a giant Christmas tree in the middle of the ice :lol:

museksk8r
12-06-2010, 12:32 AM
Nothing against Ryan, but I would be completely shocked if the USFSA awards gold to a guy who hasn't even competed at all this season. I guess stranger things have happened in this sport though. :shuffle: