PDA

View Full Version : 2010-2011 US Senior Ladies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Sylvia
08-02-2010, 08:34 PM
Moved from the Meissner thread in GSD:

Has Cesario been assigned [to the JGP] for sure?
Yes.

Jenna
08-02-2010, 08:47 PM
Oh, really? Good to hear! She deserves it. Are the entries on the ISU site?

pinky166
08-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Oh, really? Good to hear! She deserves it. Are the entries on the ISU site?

The list of substitutes for JGP Courcheval are:

Kiri BAGA
Ashley CAIN
Samantha CESARIO
Lindsay DAVIS
Christina GAO
Kristiene GONG
Angela WANG
Felicia ZHANG

Siraj and Jiang are already competing at JGP Courcheval, and based on some of the names on that list, I would assume all those skaters have been given an initial JGP assignment. The USFSA doesn't assign 2nd assignments right away though, so it will depend on how Samantha and others on the list do at their first JGPs to know if Samantha will get a 2nd JGP assignment or not. Looking at the numbers though, the US has 14 JGP spots for ladies, and so far it appears 10 ladies have been assigned to one each, meaning 4 of those 10 ladies will get a 2nd assignment based on results, and if I have to guess it will be: Gao, Cesario, Siraj, and then one of Baga/Wang/Jiang.

Jenna
08-02-2010, 10:43 PM
Thanks for explaining. If I had to guess though, I would say Baga is a near shoe-in for 2 spots if she does well at her first assignment. She made the JGPF last year. My bets for a second slot based on previous performance would be: Gao, Baga, Cesario, and Wang, but you never know.

haribobo
08-03-2010, 02:01 AM
and based on some of the names on that list, I would assume all those skaters have been given an initial JGP assignment.

Nope. They have not. Plenty of alternates never get assigned. When the next JGP roster is announced- you may see some new names as alternates. Not all the alternates can/will get events. I wish they all could, but its just not possible.

pinky166
08-03-2010, 02:11 AM
Nope. They have not. Plenty of alternates never get assigned. When the next JGP roster is announced- you may see some new names as alternates. Not all the alternates can/will get events. I wish they all could, but its just not possible.

Oh I see, so then does that mean Samantha has not been assigned a JGP for sure.

pinky166
08-03-2010, 02:13 AM
Thanks for explaining. If I had to guess though, I would say Baga is a near shoe-in for 2 spots if she does well at her first assignment. She made the JGPF last year. My bets for a second slot based on previous performance would be: Gao, Baga, Cesario, and Wang, but you never know.

Where Baga has been injured that's why I have her as a question mark, obviously when she skates well she can win events like she did last year. Sometimes injuries can be nagging and hang around for awhile though, and I haven't seen her skate yet this summer so I don't know what kind of condition she's in/ how bad the injury is. That being said, I wish her a speedy recovery!

jlai
08-03-2010, 02:13 AM

Yup. Agnes Z. was alternate last year and she didn't end up with a jgp.

(Besides, I'm hoping Gong won't automatically get one.)

haribobo
08-03-2010, 02:15 AM
USFS and ISU have not posted any assignments for her yet. Does that mean she hasn't been assigned yet? We'll have to wait and see! :cool:

jlai
08-03-2010, 02:28 AM
Sylvia mentioned Cesario is going to jgp. See
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?p=2827233&highlight=cesario#post2827233

Jenna
08-03-2010, 02:34 AM
I get the feeling that some of us know more than others in regards to JGP assignments. ;)

mgobluegirl
08-03-2010, 02:55 AM
Cross-posting discussions from the off-topic Kimmie Meissner thread:

Originally Posted by RD View Post
Agreed (not sure about this Zawadzki though, she's another one I keep hearing about. I'd have her with Gao as two really heavily-hyped skaters... But Gao last year couldn't even push Cohen off the podium after the latter all but threw the FS. It wasn't even close. I think she (Gao) was almost 20 pts behind!

And I'm pretty sure Cohen was THE most heavily-hyped skater of the decade at last year's nationals. No way would anyone else have gotten the marks she did with the program she skated. Not saying that Christina was superior, because overall I don't think she was, just saying that Cohen got the "skating while Sasha Cohen" bonus all over the place.

Polymer Bob
08-03-2010, 02:05 PM
.......... just saying that Cohen got the "skating while Sasha Cohen" bonus all over the place.

Then, she got the "watching Olympics from couch" bonus. :P

RD
08-04-2010, 11:33 PM
And I'm pretty sure Cohen was THE most heavily-hyped skater of the decade at last year's nationals. No way would anyone else have gotten the marks she did with the program she skated. Not saying that Christina was superior, because overall I don't think she was, just saying that Cohen got the "skating while Sasha Cohen" bonus all over the place.

Yes, but everyone else's scores were bumped up as well. Would Flatt really score ~200 pts in an international comp, even if she maxed her potential in both phases? Hellzzzz no! Even freaking Yuna has to be on top of her game to achieve that milestone.

Then, she got the "watching Olympics from couch" bonus.

:lol: I have to admit, this one was funny.

Yes, at the end of the day, the two skaters that earned it went. But imagine the outcry if Cohen were sent instead?? I suppose they could have had her WD from the event, have her do a "Kwan Test Skate" behind closed doors and send her off with the winner of Nationals but of course, with her not having competed for 4 years, that just wouldn't sit right with a lot of folks. Hats off to USFS for sticking to the plan and not giving into NBC, media's wish, etc.

pinky166
08-05-2010, 01:54 AM
Gao was only 4 points behind Cohen in the FS, but about 5 points higher in TES, and she didn't have a great FS, she fell on her 2nd 3f and fell out of her final UR 2a. Plus I also felt like Gao was intentionally held down in PCS in both the SP and FS because the USFSA didn't want to send her to the Olympics right then should most of the favorites choke (which 3 of them did). Cohen also wuzgifted in her PCS in the LP and was not dinged for her obvious flutz and 2footed flip in the SP. The SP is what made Sasha so far ahead of Christina, and IMO she didn't deserve such a high score and Christina's could have been a bit higher (I would have had both around 60ish).