PDA

View Full Version : 2010-2011 US Senior Ladies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67]

Theatregirl1122
11-30-2010, 05:53 AM
I think you have some good points JohnDoe. I still think Agnes is the girl to beat.

Honestly, it is a little silly to say that Agnes is the girl to beat when 4 US ladies won a total of 6 grand Prix medals this year and Agnes finished 6th at her first GP and 4th (but 13 points out of 3rd) at her second GP. Agnes will be in the mix if she skates well, but she's hardly "the girl to beat".

Marco
11-30-2010, 11:37 AM
I maintain my position on this:

Flatt, Gao, and Zawadzki make a group. Nagasu, Wagner and Czisny make up another group.

Only one will come through from each group. The first group has yet to display much star quality and is not good for ratings, and it almost seems like their PCS is already very maxed out because of real issues of skating quality. The second group has all it takes but is too inconsistent that the USFS will not risk sending 2 from this group.

Between Flatt, Gao and Zawadzki, Gao and Zawadzki will likely gain high GOEs but Flatt will likely gain high reputation-based PCS. It really depends on how clean they all are. If all clean, I can see the judges giving Gao the edge over Flatt. A lot may depend on how each perform at GPF/JGPF.

Between Nagasu, Wagner and Czisny, Nagasu probably has a slight advantage on PCS if clean, but I am also curious to see what kind of points a squeaky clean Wagner can earn. Czisny is least likely to be clean, as it appears her jump improvements over the summer is insufficient.

I would love the team to be Nagasu and Wagner, but realistically probably Nagasu and Gao, but predict it to be Nagasu and Flatt when strategy and politics come into play.

RD
11-30-2010, 07:44 PM
^ That's a good point. Right now, I still think the best bet is Nagasu/Flatt.

haribobo
11-30-2010, 07:57 PM
The judges don't have to "figure out what to do" with Zawadzki. They judge her TES and decide on PCS scores. This isn't ordinals, no ranking is necessary. She will skate, judges will judge, and she will be placed accordingly.

The same applies for everyone, that whole "groups" theory is total hogwash IMO. There's no way to manipulate the scores in such a way so only one skater from each group will finish top 2. While it may be fun to come up with all these conspiracy theories before the event takes place, nobody knows what the heck is going to happen until some skating happens in NC in January. :soapbox:

RD
11-30-2010, 08:17 PM
If the "group theory" is useful for one thing only, that's to predict who is most likely to rise to the occasion at Nationals. I'd put Nagasu and Flatt in one group; Czisny and Zhang in another; and Wagner, Gao and Zawadski in a third.

Group 1: Most likely
Group 2: Least likely
Group 3: Unproven, or 50-50

krenseby
11-30-2010, 08:59 PM
The judges don't have to "figure out what to do" with Zawadzki. They judge her TES and decide on PCS scores. This isn't ordinals, no ranking is necessary. She will skate, judges will judge, and she will be placed accordingly.

I am pretty sure Zawadski will be held down in the PCS. I could imagine a scenario where she wins on the TES but still doesn't make the Worlds team based on her PCS. The only question is, does she really need to work on making her skating stand out so that she does get higher PCS? Does she DESERVE PCS scores that are relatively low in comparison to the top ladies at Nationals?

pinky166
11-30-2010, 11:59 PM
I am pretty sure Zawadski will be held down in the PCS. I could imagine a scenario where she wins on the TES but still doesn't make the Worlds team based on her PCS. The only question is, does she really need to work on making her skating stand out so that she does get higher PCS? Does she DESERVE PCS scores that are relatively low in comparison to the top ladies at Nationals?

I don't think Zawadzki will really be a factor at this point, unless she really steps it up in the LP between now and nationals. She's a contender, but at this point I'd have her behind Nagasu, Flatt, Wagner, Gao, and Czisny.

chipso1
12-01-2010, 12:14 AM
I not sure the judges will know what to do with a clean Zawadzki at Nationals. When she is on with her huge jumps, she is awesome and could place above a lot of the veterans on TES. She deserves +GOE on her jumps when landed well. And her spins are better than Flatt, Gao and maybe even Wagner. I wish she would have skated at least one competition close to clean so we had an idea of what she could actually score in seniors.

A clean Zawadzki scored 124+ in the FS at the Colorado Springs Invitational this past summer. Since she was scoring in the high 90s for highly flawed free skates on the GP series, I tend to think she would score in the 120s at Nationals if clean.

AliasJohnDoe
12-01-2010, 12:32 AM
A clean Zawadzki scored 124+ in the FS at the Colorado Springs Invitational this past summer. Since she was scoring in the high 90s for highly flawed free skates on the GP series, I tend to think she would score in the 120s at Nationals if clean.

That's right!! I forgot she competed there this past summer as a senior. Good score too.

Sylvia
12-01-2010, 12:35 AM
1000 posts! :cheer2:

Carry on here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76221

pinky166
12-01-2010, 02:16 AM

Yeah but Nagasu, Czisny, Flatt, Wager, and Gao can also probably score in the 120s at nationals if clean/nearly clean.