PDA

View Full Version : 2010-2011 US Senior Ladies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67

Jenna
11-26-2010, 08:47 PM
I know this is the US Senior ladies thread but...

if you watched the competition you would know that Kiira did execute a 3-3. I don't have a problem with her being first.

query5
11-26-2010, 08:52 PM
all u.s. skaters are decent,
agnes is good in short, but her lp needs work.
so far i like ashley, alissa, mirai, rachel
but as you can see per some programs in gp series,
alot of other countries skaters programs stack just as good overall presentation wise with the u.s skaters. some are a bit better, some are a bit worse, no longer can the U.s. ladies just rely on pc scores to get them up to medal stand/ they have to skate.
i mean the other countries have caught up to the pc (artistry ) part to the u.s ladies. so they have to fight for it.

smarts1
11-26-2010, 09:35 PM
Kiira has definitely improved a lot this season, but her marks were a bit outrageous especially since her spins pale in comparison to Mirai's and she even stepped out of her loop jump.

Does anyone know if Mirai's flip was downgraded? It looked a little short... She also seemed a little confused in the Kiss and Cry, since her TEB program was better than the one in China.

burntBREAD
11-26-2010, 09:39 PM
Kiira has definitely improved a lot this season, but her marks were a bit outrageous especially since her spins pale in comparison to Mirai's and she even stepped out of her loop jump.

Does anyone know if Mirai's flip was downgraded? It looked a little short... She also seemed a little confused in the Kiss and Cry, since her TEB program was better than the one in China.

Kiira...yeah, her scores were a bit ridiculous.

Maybe not, at COC it wasn't downgraded and she got like the same score as here. Her negative GOE on the flip there might have been balanced out by her bobbles on her spins today.
In one of the Youtube videos, I heard her say "0.6?!" Which I'm guessing is what she got as the GOE on one of her good elements, maybe the layback spin which wasn't as solid today. :confused: We'll see in the protocols. The flip looked to have just made the 3/4 mark, but it wasn't close up.

chipso1
11-26-2010, 10:01 PM
In one of the Youtube videos, I heard her say "0.6?!" Which I'm guessing is what she got as the GOE on one of her good elements, maybe the layback spin which wasn't as solid today. :confused: We'll see in the protocols. The flip looked to have just made the 3/4 mark, but it wasn't close up.

Sitting in the KnC, the skaters don't have access to protocols. Backstage there are monitors that they can look at to see what they scored for each element, if jumps were downgraded, etc.

burntBREAD
11-26-2010, 11:04 PM
Sitting in the KnC, the skaters don't have access to protocols. Backstage there are monitors that they can look at to see what they scored for each element, if jumps were downgraded, etc.

Wonder what the .6 was about, then. :lol:

I loved how Mirai and Frank looked rather disgusted in the K n C, it added on to Reynolds earlier in the day. :D

lilshorty
11-26-2010, 11:24 PM
I am a Mirai fan as well, and I understand everyone's sentiment over Mirai being second behind Kiira, but part of what is holding her back is not only her jumps, but her skating. Mirai lacks flow in and out of most of her jumps, some of which are practically at a standstill. The lack of flow in her skating also affects her footwork, making it look very labored, wooden, and stiff, compared to Kiira's, which had easy flow and edge (that wobbly loop is another story...).

Bottom line, Frank needs to teach his girl some basic skating skills. I did not believe those posters who justified Carolina Kostner's high pcs scores from past competitions, until I saw her NHK and SA performances. As many mistakes there were in the jumps, her line, ease of flow, and speed are second to none, imo. I'm not taking away from Mirai's great capabilities (which include her warmth, energy, artistry, flexibility, and spins), but serious jump problems cannot be corrected until she learns how to skate with better flow.

chipso1
11-26-2010, 11:57 PM
Mirai lacks flow and has poor basic skating skills? :rofl:

She and Czisny are not only the best "skaters" in the U.S., they're among the top 6 in the world when it comes to edging and flow.

For what it's worth, I think her circular step sequence is my favorite of the season. I love her 1-foot section, the spiral and "toe stop" she does. Simply gorgeous. :swoon: I don't know how anyone could find it "labored."

burntBREAD
11-27-2010, 12:04 AM

She and Czisny are not only the best "skaters" in the U.S., they're among the top 6 in the world when it comes to edging and flow.

For what it's worth, I think her circular step sequence is my favorite of the season. I love her 1-foot section, the spiral and "toe stop" she does. Simply gorgeous. :swoon: I don't know how anyone could find it "labored."

I was about to say, Mirai has excellent basic skating skills, some of the best in the world. Flow? Her flow is excellent. Look at her double axel. I've never seen Mirai in a "stop" after landing except on her loop.

lilshorty
11-27-2010, 12:07 AM

I never said that she had poor basic skating skills. Perhaps I meant to say that her basic skating needs improvement. But I stand by what I said that improvement in the flow of her skating will bring overall improvement in her jumps and in her scores. Not that this justifies her being second behind Kiira. Just an observation.

mrinalini
11-27-2010, 12:57 AM
Mirai should definitely work on her jump landings. They always look a tad short and as if she finishes the turn on the ice; it is no wonder that she is so suspectible to downgrades. I thought she was getting better since she went to Frank, but the short landings are still apparent this season and even at the Olympics it's hard to argue against her downgrades.

Hopefully, her injury and lack of training time are the only reasons why her jump landings are looking iffy this season. She might find it hard to crack the top spot at major events if this issue continues to plague her.

smarts1
11-27-2010, 02:35 AM
^ At Olympics last year, Mirai was fully getting around on her jumps. I'm sure the lack of the training time is the thing that is affecting Mirai's jumps right now.

But anyway, Mirai's SP step sequence is probably the best out of the ladies right now. She's actually one of the few ladies who is able to maintain her speed in her one foot section, which is an indication of her great flow and skating skills.

mrinalini
11-27-2010, 03:19 AM
^ At Olympics last year, Mirai was fully getting around on her jumps.

I thought she had received some downgrades in the LP, or was that at Nationals/Worlds?

My point is that Mirai is particularly suspectible to underrotating her jumps, so she needs to ensure that she has cleaner landings in order not to lose crucial points that may mean the difference in landing on the podium or winning gold. She has fully rotated her jumps before, so it isn't like she's simply incapable of doing so.

smarts1
11-27-2010, 03:42 AM
^ No... That was at Nationals, where some of the DG triples were controversial and at Worlds, where she was reverting back to her old ways... At Olympics, all her triples were ratified.

DickButtonFan
11-27-2010, 11:08 PM
The gpf will work out perfectly for alissa and mirai. Mirai needs to stay home to practice from being off the ice and Alissa needs the gpf for more competition practice. Rachael might not need the gpf right now tho with her injury.