PDA

View Full Version : 2010-2011 US Senior Ladies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

pinky166
11-25-2010, 08:33 PM
Wish she could just skate that for her SP. I can't stand that mambo mess.

Me either. I think she could be great skating to intense, classical music in a unitard. Her LP this season isn't so bad but the fact that she has yet so skate it even close to cleanly has made it hard to tell if has potential for later in the season.

mgobluegirl
11-25-2010, 10:03 PM
Her LP this season isn't so bad...

Meh... I don't like the long either. It's so frantic, I like how she takes the time to move with the music in that "At Last" exhibition piece.

smarts1
11-25-2010, 10:42 PM
^ Agnes' LP this season is also pretty empty choreographically...

chipso1
11-25-2010, 11:22 PM
^ Agnes' LP this season is also pretty empty choreographically...

The same can be said about Nagasu, Wagner, Baga, et al. Flatt and Gao have OK choreography. I think Czisny's FS is the best in terms of choreo, interpretation, flow and overall "uniqueness." Siraj's FS choreo is also quite complex, though I'm not sure she completely does it justice.

Allen
11-25-2010, 11:26 PM
The same can be said about Nagasu, Wagner, Baga, et al. Flatt and Gao have OK choreography. I think Czisny's FS is the best in terms of choreo, interpretation, flow and overall "uniqueness." Siraj's FS choreo is also quite complex, though I'm not sure she completely does it justice.

I feel like Siraj is almost giving it justice, but it's such a strong piece of choreography that it's okay that she's not performing it at 100 percent. I would say that it's the best program of the ladies field. Wagner, in my opinion has the strongest short program even though it's an old program.

oleada
11-25-2010, 11:34 PM
I think Siraj's improved her interpretation/performance of her programs as the season has gone on. I didn't think she was doing them justice at all when I first saw them, but by the time of JGP Sheffield I quite liked them.

jlai
11-26-2010, 12:53 AM
Re: Agnes's Mambo: To me anything that's not pretty princess music is a welcome relief.

Allen
11-26-2010, 01:35 AM
Re: Agnes's Mambo: To me anything that's not pretty princess music is a welcome relief.

I know it's not a terrific program, but I'm with you, anything that's not tinkly piano or blah classical...I'm for it. Unless it's an ill performed tango :shuffle:

pinky166
11-26-2010, 02:03 AM
I think Siraj's improved her interpretation/performance of her programs as the season has gone on. I didn't think she was doing them justice at all when I first saw them, but by the time of JGP Sheffield I quite liked them.

Her SP is fantastic! Her LP is pretty good too. That girl can sell any kind of program though, she's such a performer :)

Marco
11-26-2010, 03:36 AM

Wagner's Malaguena was a poor piece of work and she definitely hasn't been able to carry it (yet). There was absolutely no excitment created at the beginning despite the intensive music. But that program is far from empty.

If last year was an indication, Nagasu will gradually add to her program as she gains consistency on the jumps. The Carmen I saw at the summer comp, at the GPs and at Nationals/ Olympics were very, very different. the Olympic version was complex and brilliant.

smarts1
11-26-2010, 03:45 AM
Wagner's Malaguena was a poor piece of work and she definitely hasn't been able to carry it (yet). There was absolutely no excitment created at the beginning despite the intensive music. But that program is far from empty.

If last year was an indication, Nagasu will gradually add to her program as she gains consistency on the jumps. The Carmen I saw at the summer comp, at the GPs and at Nationals/ Olympics were very, very different. the Olympic version was complex and brilliant.

Knowing Wagner's camp also, she should be changing some of the chreography also (if her Spartacus LP is an indication). I don't mind as much for the beginning as much as I do for the second half of her program. It just doesn't seem to have the same attention to detail that she has had in the past with her other LPs. Hopefully that'll change.

As for Nagasu, I believe I read somewhere that she worked with Nichol between her GPs and Nationals to get her SP and LP ready and her artistry back in shape. But what she showed at China was very far from what she is capable of. She just seemed to want to get through the program without actually putting any meaning into the choreography or the movements. Hopefully, she'll be more serious about it in France.

Marco
11-26-2010, 08:59 AM
Knowing Wagner's camp also, she should be chaning some of the chreography also (if her Spartacus LP is an indication). I don't mind as much for the beginning as much as I do for the second half of her program. It just doesn't seem to have the same attention to detail that she has had in the past with her other LPs. Hopefully that'll change.

As for Nagasu, I believe I read somewhere that she worked with Nichol between her GPs and Nationals to get her SP and LP ready and her artistry back in shape. But what she showed at China was very far from what she is capable of. She just seemed to want to get through the program without actually putting any meaning into the choreography or the movements. Hopefully, she'll be more serious about it in France.

Wagner's last 2 long programs were very difficult. Too difficult. And I think that partly contributed to the 2 foot problem. I am actually glad she seems to be giving herself a bit of a breather this time. It wasn't like she was getting the level of PCS she should be getting anyway, might as well aim for "clean". (Flatt should never have come close to her PCS, but she always does, because she was always clean enough)

I wouldn't worry about Nagasu. She is fresh off an injury after all. I am willing to wait til Nationals. No one saw her as a threat for the Olympic team last season UNTIL Nationals.

olympic
11-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Wagner's last 2 long programs were very difficult. Too difficult. And I think that partly contributed to the 2 foot problem. I am actually glad she seems to be giving herself a bit of a breather this time. It wasn't like she was getting the level of PCS she should be getting anyway, might as well aim for "clean". (Flatt should never have come close to her PCS, but she always does, because she was always clean enough)

I wouldn't worry about Nagasu. She is fresh off an injury after all. I am willing to wait til Nationals. No one saw her as a threat for the Olympic team last season UNTIL Nationals.

Agreed. I like Wagner and have thought for the last 2 seasons she should go for 'clean' and concentrate on better jumps - no df, etc., and that she should have superior PCS to Flatt.

Also not worried about Nagasu. She's with a good coach and won't make any grave strategic errors. She's pretty much following the path of last season. We will see in a few minutes at TEB.

smarts1
11-26-2010, 08:14 PM
^ And she's in second!

DickButtonFan
11-26-2010, 08:42 PM
Mirai's sp looked way better this time to me it's beautiful. Maybe being in 2nd this time after the sp will help her win this time.

I didn't see korpi yet have no idea how she could be in first mirai is obviously the better skater. I saw last week a bunch of people were predicting korpi to win and I was WTF???? Strange...