PDA

View Full Version : 2010-2011 US Senior Ladies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

MikiAndoFan#1
11-23-2010, 10:33 PM
My thoughts:

Flatt :hat1:
Nagasu :summer:
Wagner:rollin:
Gao :wideeyes:
Dobbs:rockstar:
Siraj:swoon:
Zawadzki :biggrinbo
Lam:kickass:
Gilles:cheer:
Zhang: :encore:

In other words, I love them all! :)

Except Czisny.

:P

pinky166
11-24-2010, 02:51 AM
Nationals is going to be so exciting!

Jayar
11-24-2010, 07:09 PM
Except Czisny.

:P

I forgot her :eek::(

Czisny :gallopin1

Sylvia
11-24-2010, 07:19 PM
Here's USFS' press release today on Kiri Baga's withdrawal from the JGP Final "due to Achilles tendinopathy in her left ankle": http://www.usfigureskating.org/Story.asp?id=45345&type=media

I initially was concerned that Baga's bye to Nationals was tied into her competing at the JGP Final but have been informed that it is not (fortunately!). Here's hoping Kiri will be recovered enough to have a successful senior debut at Nationals!

MikiAndoFan#1
11-24-2010, 09:57 PM
Nationals is going to be so exciting!

Yes, it is!

:cheer:

smarts1
11-24-2010, 10:04 PM
For one that score was at a Junior event where 1.) the PCS are kept low and 2.) you can't add a combo to the jump out of steps. At a senior event, if Christina fell on her 3f she could at a combo to her 3lo or 3lz (whichever she decides to do) and that would get her a few extra points and her PCS would also likely be higher. If Flatt or Wagner fell on a jump in the SP and didn't do a combination their scores would probably be comparable - when you fall on a jump and don't do a combo your scores are much lower than if you are clean, that's true for everyone, so it doesn't really put Christina at a disadvantage. The FS matters more anyways, both Christina and Rachael have had problems in the SP before but I've never seen either of them bomb a FS like Alissa, Mirai, and Ashley have a number of times.

Considering that Christina has more or less only skated for about 1.5 seasons as a top level competitor, I don't think it's fair to make that judgement. Ashley never bombed a FS when she was in juniors and even in her first year as a senior (until worlds that year). We'll need to see how Christina does once she's fully out of the junior circuit.

Many skaters, when in juniors, seem to skate almost perfectly all the time (ex Mao, Yuna, Caroline) and once they break onto the senior circuit, they end up making mistakes and end up being more prone to the pressure of competition. I'd wait one more year on Christina.

pinky166
11-24-2010, 11:21 PM
Considering that Christina has more or less only skated for about 1.5 seasons as a top level competitor, I don't think it's fair to make that judgement. Ashley never bombed a FS when she was in juniors and even in her first year as a senior (until worlds that year). We'll need to see how Christina does once she's fully out of the junior circuit.

Many skaters, when in juniors, seem to skate almost perfectly all the time (ex Mao, Yuna, Caroline) and once they break onto the senior circuit, they end up making mistakes and end up being more prone to the pressure of competition. I'd wait one more year on Christina.

Lol Mao and Yuna didn't skate perfectly as juniors. Mao I believe scored like 134 at her 1st JGP event and Yuna bombed the 2004 JGPF and bombed the SP at 2005 Junior Worlds. Yuna for sure was much more consistent as a senior lady even despite her injuries. Mao is just inconsistent in general.

All I'm saying is that IF Christina places top 2 at nationals, she will be on the world team, and that her chances of placing top 2 at nationals are looking pretty good as of now. If she does 3f-3t and 2a-3t in her LP at nationals it won't matter that her spins aren't the best and that her PCS aren't through the roof because her TES will likely be huge due to her difficult jump content and strong +GOE on her jumps.

Jarrett
11-24-2010, 11:33 PM
Lol Mao and Yuna didn't skate perfectly as juniors. Mao I believe scored like 134 at her 1st JGP event and Yuna bombed the 2004 JGPF and bombed the SP at 2005 Junior Worlds. Yuna for sure was much more consistent as a senior lady even despite her injuries. Mao is just inconsistent in general.

All I'm saying is that IF Christina places top 2 at nationals, she will be on the world team, and that her chances of placing top 2 at nationals are looking pretty good as of now. If she does 3f-3t and 2a-3t in her LP at nationals it won't matter that her spins aren't the best and that her PCS aren't through the roof because her TES will likely be huge due to her difficult jump content and strong +GOE on her jumps.

I think you and most people have a different defintion of "bomb."

Jarrett
11-24-2010, 11:35 PM
Yes, it is!

:cheer:

I agree. I am actually wanting to go. :watch:

pinky166
11-24-2010, 11:38 PM
I think you and most people have a different defintion of "bomb."

Yuna came in as a gold medal favorite at 2005 JW but was 6th after the SP because she had an awful fall on a 3lo and it really took her awhile to get up and get back into the program. She did very well in the LP there, but I only said she bombed the SP, which for what Yuna was capable of, she did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZacRA9DqSo0
I think we can all agree that this performance could be considered bombing for Yuna, even though she did win silver at the JGPF that year.

chipso1
11-24-2010, 11:58 PM
Yuna came in as a gold medal favorite at 2005 JW but was 6th after the SP because she had an awful fall on a 3lo and it really took her awhile to get up and get back into the program. She did very well in the LP there, but I only said she bombed the SP, which for what Yuna was capable of, she did.

That does not constitute a bomb, IMO.

Anyway, here's hoping Baga is recovered for Nationals! :( All these injuries she's been experiencing are starting to worry me. I think a healthy Baga is more than capable of a top 10 finish in Greensboro, and will hopefully get some senior international assignments next season.

pinky166
11-25-2010, 01:23 AM
That does not constitute a bomb, IMO.

Anyway, here's hoping Baga is recovered for Nationals! :( All these injuries she's been experiencing are starting to worry me. I think a healthy Baga is more than capable of a top 10 finish in Greensboro, and will hopefully get some senior international assignments next season.

I think even if Kiri was healthy finishing in the top 10 wouldn't be a definite. She's a nice skater but the field is quite deep this year and I don't think she's anywhere near the level of Gao, Siraj, and Lam who are all better jumpers, more consistent, and present a lot better IMO at this point. Kiri is still working on mastering most of her triples right now, so I think it will take her another season or two before she makes a big impact on the senior stage, if she does at all. Her flexibility is quite exceptional, though! Hope the injuries get better because I think that's probably part of the reason she hasn't delivered any wow performances yet this season.

haribobo
11-25-2010, 01:47 AM
I don't think she's anywhere near the level of Gao, Siraj, and Lam who present a lot better IMO at this point.

Erm, no.

burntBREAD
11-25-2010, 01:59 AM
Does anyone else think Lam's jumps are a bit scary? Her jumps are quite low and seem really frantically produced...

smarts1
11-25-2010, 02:07 AM
^ As much as I like Vanessa... There's no way she's going to last with jumps like that...