PDA

View Full Version : 2010-2011 US Senior Ladies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

chipso1
11-22-2010, 10:16 PM
Send Gao to Junior Worlds... we need her there! It's going to be more competitive than ever to make sure that we get 2 spots for each JGP (only the countries that medal at JW do) and 3 spots for JW next season, and Christina is our best shot to maintain that.

Actually, the top three "countries" in each event at JW get 2 spots for each JGP event for the following season. Kind of like how the U.S. got 2 ice dance entrants in each event this year even though the Shibs were 4th at JW.

smarts1
11-22-2010, 10:42 PM
Wagner is definitely improving. As shown by her COR program even if the fall, she didn't two foot any jumps which is major for her. The last time she did that was... I don't even remember 2008 Nationals? (Did she two foot the double loop there?)

As for her not having much respect internationally, you can't expect much when the international judges only have seen her on the GP... For the past couple of seasons she has been left off the World team and the 4CC team. That's exactly how Nagasu got her boost in PCS last year.

But her scores at COR was definitely very promising, scoring the highest PCS in the LP out of any lady barring Czisny.

As for Gao... I'm going to give her at least another year to prove herself. No way am I going to be happy with USFSA sending her to Worlds. I do like her, and she has potential, but she's doesn't have the experience. She's never skated at a senior international event and she doesn't seem impervious to nerves either.

Aggh, let's see what Nagasu and Czisny do at TEB this week! I hope they kick butt!

RFOS
11-22-2010, 10:44 PM
She's never skated at a senior national event and she doesn't seem impervious to nerves either.

She (Gao) was 5th at Senior Nationals last year.

AliasJohnDoe
11-22-2010, 10:50 PM
I believe the US ladies International PCS scores are very important going into Nationals. I'll be curious to see what Czisny and Nagasu get for PCS at TEB. Flatt and Czisny(if she makes it) at the GPF. Gao's PCS at the JGPF.

So far we have:

SP PCS:
Czisny - 27.58
Nagasu - 27.03
Flatt - 26.74 - 25.40
Wagner - 25.94 - 25.59
Gao - 24.86 - 22.11
Zawadzki -24.81 - 24.15

LP PCS:
Czisny - 61.47
Wagner - 55.54 - 51.48
Flatt - 53.99 - 52.48
Nagasu - 53.65
Gao - 53.03 - 49.96
Zawadzki - 52.80 - 52.23

I'm not discounting the TES score, but if you have the high PCS to go with it, it means the international judges really like you. They really really like you. Just ask Patrick Chan. :lol:

Yukari Lepisto
11-22-2010, 10:54 PM
So if Gao finishes top 2 at Nationals, she'll go to senior Worlds? That's strange considering she chose to stay in juniors for GPs...

Sylvia
11-22-2010, 11:25 PM
Only the Senior national champion in each discipline is guaranteed a trip to Worlds, according to the current USFS rulebook. However, the only time the top 2 placing ladies at Nationals have not been assigned to Worlds in recent years was when they were not age-eligible (Nagasu and Flatt in 2008).

judgejudy27
11-23-2010, 12:04 AM
Those were international judges though. I feel like the USFSA does like Rachael a lot, I mean, look at her monstrous scores from nationals last season! If they really didn't like her why in the world would they let her beat Mirai in such a controversial way? Flatt isn't a favorite among international judges, but among national judges, I'd argue she is.

After what Alissa's done at Worlds both times she's gone, I tend to think the USFSA would be very hesitant to let her win gold and silver at nationals unless she really earns it (ie landing at least 5 triples in the FS if others skate well). JMO but I don't think they will let her be 1st or 2nd with a 3 triple FS and then send her to Worlds because I think that's just asking for trouble.

If Ashley can stop 2 footing jumps and making dumb mistakes in the SP she should have a decent shot at making the team.

I still think Gao will finish 1st or 2nd and wow everyone like she did last year, only this year she'll get the PCS to be competitive. Especially if she comes into the event at JGPF champion or medalist, she will get attention.

Last year the judges at Nationals finally showed some confidence in Flatt, which people had been saying they should have done sooner. In 2008 and 2009 many felt she should have won, especialy in 2009. Yet ironically this time around they were dissed for overmarking her, and she then ended up being outshone by Nagasu in Vancouver despite solid performances and fareing now well at Worlds. I suspect they wont be as high on her this time around if others actually deliver (which didnt happen last year anyway other than Nagasu and her multiple legit URs) unless she really does well at the GP final.

Well when I say if Alissa skates well of course I mean presumably doing a clean or nearly clean clean short and landing atleast 5 triples in the LP. I agree she wont be propped up with a 3 triple freeskate like 2009 unless others are off, but that isnt what I was referring to when I mean if she skates well.

As for Gao, all I can say is I dont agree and leave it at that. :lol:

olympic
11-23-2010, 12:15 AM
I believe the US ladies International PCS scores are very important going into Nationals. I'll be curious to see what Czisny and Nagasu get for PCS at TEB. Flatt and Czisny(if she makes it) at the GPF. Gao's PCS at the JGPF.

So far we have:

SP PCS:
Czisny - 27.58
Nagasu - 27.03
Flatt - 26.74 - 25.40
Wagner - 25.94 - 25.59
Gao - 24.86 - 22.11
Zawadzki -24.81 - 24.15

LP PCS:
Czisny - 61.47
Wagner - 55.54 - 51.48
Flatt - 53.99 - 52.48
Nagasu - 53.65
Gao - 53.03 - 49.96
Zawadzki - 52.80 - 52.23

I'm not discounting the TES score, but if you have the high PCS to go with it, it means the international judges really like you. They really really like you. Just ask Patrick Chan. :lol:

Interesting the lack of space between Flatt and Wagner.

*Sigh* If Alissa were to ever get her jumps together she'd be a constant podium threat...

RD
11-23-2010, 12:16 AM
So if Gao finishes top 2 at Nationals, she'll go to senior Worlds? That's strange considering she chose to stay in juniors for GPs...

The way the USFS has been doing things, yes she would.

I've seen 'em come and go. It's a big mistake to hype someone so unproven. Thank goodness it's just poster(s) on the internet and not the mainstream press that's doing the majority of the hyping this time.

Allen
11-23-2010, 12:24 AM
I know one thing, I am actually excited about the ladies competition at nationals this year. The last few times I've been to nationals, I was not excited about ladies at all. I'm more excited about junior ladies and senior ladies than I am most of the other events. I'm really interested to see where Yasmin Saraj lands. I think she has the best choreographed programs of this group of women. Actually, I'm more excited about the group of Gao, Saraj, Cesario, Baga, and Lam than I am some of the higher ranked skaters. I'm glad to see Ashley live again, although I wish I was seeing something other than Malaguena from her.

B.Cooper
11-23-2010, 02:42 AM

So far we have:

SP PCS:
Czisny - 27.58
Nagasu - 27.03
Flatt - 26.74 - 25.40
Wagner - 25.94 - 25.59
Gao - 24.86 - 22.11
Zawadzki -24.81 - 24.15

LP PCS:
Czisny - 61.47
Wagner - 55.54 - 51.48
Flatt - 53.99 - 52.48
Nagasu - 53.65
Gao - 53.03 - 49.96
Zawadzki - 52.80 - 52.23

Can't really compare scores across events, esp PCS.

AliasJohnDoe
11-23-2010, 02:51 AM
Can't really compare scores across events, esp PCS.

Not really. But it's an indicator of who the judges are willing to give the higher PCS....and the lower PCS.

Mayra
11-23-2010, 03:01 AM
As for her not having much respect internationally, you can't expect much when the international judges only have seen her on the GP... For the past couple of seasons she has been left off the World team and the 4CC team. That's exactly how Nagasu got her boost in PCS last year.

:confused:

International judges gave Nagasu excellent PCS at the Olympics last year having only seen her in the GP(not counting junior events). Unlike Wagner, she had never competed at Worlds or 4CC's. Her "boost" last year came from improvements she had made to her skating. Not to mention the fact that her PCS were always pretty decent even when most of her jumps were being <.

So yes, if you have the skating skills to back it up, you can expect high PCS and overall scores.

I'd be okay with any combination of US ladies landing on the podium, including the up and coming skaters like Siraj, Baga, Gao, etc.

Except for Flatt, they're all a pretty inconsistent bunch. Czisny has been competing senior internationally for at least 6 years. This is Wagner's 4th season the GP and Nagasu could bomb or place 1st. I could care less about their experience as their combined results haven't exactly been in league with what the US expects of it's ladies skaters.

It's all going to come down to who skates best in January, not November and given their inconsistencies, it could be any combination of the above. JMO :yikes:

dinakt
11-23-2010, 03:03 AM
If everybody is clean, Alissa and Mirai should go. But not eveyrbody will be clean... the field is very competitive.
I wish for Mirai and Alissa to be on the team, just because they are such gorgeous skaters at their best. Rachael and Ashley are fighters, and Christina is rising fast. ( I looooove Yasmin, but it might be too early for her)
As exciting as total unpredictibility is, I hope somebody ( Mirai, do you hear me???) makes a break- through and becomes a leader.

oleada
11-23-2010, 03:06 AM
Yasmin is not eligible for Worlds anyway.