PDA

View Full Version : 2010-2011 US Senior Ladies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Jenna
11-16-2010, 12:40 AM
It's a little shocking to see Rachael barely ahead of Yasmin and behind Christina. They even had one less element than her.

krenseby
11-16-2010, 12:49 AM
Wagner- Most concerned about Wagner! She's really underperforming in comparison to last season. She seemed to have exhibited all her worst traits at NHK - The LP got completely away from her like the SP at '09 nats. I really hope she can do it at CoR. She's lovely and has the complete package [good speed, flexibility, power] But, the newer youngsters will probably slot in front of her if she doesn't deliver soon..

Well, she has been a mainstay of the US ladies skating scene for a couple of years now. I'd be sorry to see her go. Hopefully, she'll do just fine at Nationals.

RD
11-16-2010, 01:11 AM
let's see how Wagner does at COR first.

Marco
11-16-2010, 01:47 AM
Joelle Forte returns to US Nationals! (yay)

Jenna
11-16-2010, 01:48 AM
Joelle Forte returns to US Nationals! (yay)

:cheer2:

Although she doesn't appear as strong as she was 2 years ago.

Nomad
11-16-2010, 01:49 AM
It's a little shocking to see Rachael barely ahead of Yasmin and behind Christina. They even had one less element than her.

True, but neither Gao nor Siraj got any down-grades or UR calls. And Gao landed a clean 3-3 in the SP. Flatt was behind both in TES in the short but ahead in PCS. In the LP she was ahead of both in TES and PCS, even with the URs.

smarts1
11-16-2010, 01:50 AM
^ Ashley's timing just seemed to be totally off in NHK so she should be much better for COR, but she most likely won't qualify for the GPF even if she wins (which is going to be hard considering this is probably the deepest field out of any of the GP this season).

It looks like Flatt, Murakami, Kostner, Ando, Suzuki, and Czisny are going to qualify for GPF this year (barring that the last three don't bomb).

Marco
11-16-2010, 02:16 AM
let's see how Wagner does at COR first.

As much as I hate to say this, if they want to regain that 3rd spot USFS should really go with 1 lacking but stable girl, and one great but inconsistent girl.

So basically, IMO one spot of the world team is between Rachael Flatt and Christina Gao, and the other is between Mirai Nagasu, Alissa Czisny and Ashley Wagner. Agnes Zawadzki can be added to the first group if she is back in form by Nationals.

It will take a miracle and a lot of generous calling at Nationals for 2 girls from the second group to make Worlds together.

pinky166
11-16-2010, 03:06 AM

I'm not surprised. Christina = :swoon:. Yasmin when she lands her jumps is up there too.

chipso1
11-16-2010, 03:20 AM
It looks like Flatt, Murakami, Kostner, Ando, Suzuki, and Czisny are going to qualify for GPF this year (barring that the last three don't bomb).

I wouldn't count Makarova out yet for the GPF. She's skating "at home" in Russia this week and posted higher scores in her first event than Suzuki did.

As for Wagner, she lost some valuable weeks of training time this summer with sickness, which could explain her poor showing at NHK. While she may not be back to top form this week for Rostelecom Cup, I would expect that she (and Caroline Zhang) will look much better in January at Nationals.

Nomad
11-16-2010, 03:26 AM
I wouldn't count Makarova out yet for the GPF. She's skating "at home" in Russia this week and posted higher scores in her first event than Suzuki did...

On the GP, anyway. Her first event this season was Finlandia Trophy, which Suzuki won. Makarova bombed, with a score almost 35 points lower than Suzuki's. Which may have been a fluke or may be a sign of inconsistency. We'll see soon enough.

pinky166
11-16-2010, 03:34 AM
On the GP, anyway. Her first event this season was Finlandia Trophy, which Suzuki won. Makarova bombed, with a score almost 35 points lower than Suzuki's. Which may have been a fluke or may be a sign of inconsistency. We'll see soon enough.

Akiko is not particularly consistent, and could dig herself into a hole after the SP between her flutz, lack of 3-3, and tendency to not skate clean. Ksenia on the other hand is usually very consistent in the SP and her 3-3 is reliable. I'd say overall she's more consistent than Akiko and the PCS should be similar between them, although where Ksenia will be skating on home ice she could be given a boost.

To me, the odds look better for Ksenia than Akiko at this point, especially considering Ksenia scored higher at her 1st GP than Akiko did.

burntBREAD
11-16-2010, 03:38 AM
Akiko is not particularly consistent, and could dig herself into a hole after the SP between her flutz, lack of 3-3, and tendency to not skate clean. Ksenia on the other hand is usually very consistent in the SP and her 3-3 is reliable. I'd say overall she's more consistent than Akiko and the PCS should be similar between them, although where Ksenia will be skating on home ice she could be given a boost.

To me, the odds look better for Ksenia than Akiko at this point, especially considering Ksenia scored higher at her 1st GP than Akiko did.

Akiko's PCS is (finally!) rising this season, she received 2-3 points higher than Miki at COC

Nomad
11-16-2010, 03:52 AM

:lol: You are too funny. And too predictable. Look up their competition records and then try to convince me.

Theatregirl1122
11-16-2010, 04:00 AM

Yes, but Finlandia scores are not a tie breaker for GPF qualification, which was probably chipso1's point.