PDA

View Full Version : 2010-2011 US Senior Ladies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

pinky166
11-05-2010, 11:45 PM
Heard she got fired after her last JGP! :argue:

What? Can a coach do that??

Christina has been getting good PCS internationally so I'm not too worried about her in that respect, plus even without the 3-3 in both programs she gets good GOE on her jumps, and where has 7 triples planned in the FS she can probably afford to miss one without huge consequences.

I'm not that impressed with Agnes yet, she seems to have issues in the FS a lot. Yasmin Siraj could also threaten for the podium at nationals.

Also, unless Alissa is consistent at all her competitions this fall, if she's 2nd at nats I'm not sure she'd get sent to Worlds again, just given her track record.

AliasJohnDoe
11-06-2010, 01:10 AM
Also, unless Alissa is consistent at all her competitions this fall, if she's 2nd at nats I'm not sure she'd get sent to Worlds again, just given her track record.

:lol: Keep dreaming. If Alissa is #2 at US Nats, she will be going to Worlds.

#1 and #2 ladies will go to Worlds.

chipso1
11-06-2010, 01:49 AM

I agree 100 percent. If skating history has taught us anything, it's that the USFS selection committee doesn't like to break tradition. ;)

AliasJohnDoe
11-06-2010, 01:49 AM
Wait until nationals...everyone who makes fun of Pinky for hyping Gao will be eating their words.

I think "everyone" knows Gao has the ability to medal at US Nats. She was 5th last year. It's not as if "someone" discovered her this year. Many people have been watching Gao for years. The hyping becomes a bit off-putting though. There are about 8 ladies who have the possibility of medaling at US Nats.

newbatgirl
11-06-2010, 02:04 AM
There are about 8 ladies who have the possibility of medaling at US Nats.

Exactly. And there's a lot of time between now and then. I'm trying to reserve judgement until everyone finishes their GP assignments, at least.

And even then, it really depends on who brings it to NC.

Ditto on the men's side. There are plenty of Rippon fans who are already saying that he has the Nats gold in the bag. I love Adam but it's waaay to early to tell.

newbatgirl
11-06-2010, 02:06 AM
I agree 100 percent. If skating history has taught us anything, it's that the USFS selection committee doesn't like to break tradition. ;)

Also, if Alissa does well at her second GP and even makes the GPF, it
is hard to hold her back given that Rachael is the only other US lady who has medaled in GPs this year, so far.

mgobluegirl
11-06-2010, 02:56 AM

I couldn't agree more. Without any true standouts, the top 2 WILL be the world team, pretty much no question about that. USFS of course reserves the right to assign whomever they want to, but about the only situation I can imagine in which the world team is not the top 2 finishers at nationals is if one of those two is too young to go (Siraj?)

oleada
11-06-2010, 03:01 AM
It's still early, but IMO, if Czisny and Nagasu are anywhere close to clean, they won't be beaten. Additionally, they can be podium threats internationally if they skate clean (a big ask, I know). They are far superior to the rest of the field in terms of spins, presentation and musicality. Flatt, Gao and Zawadski just don't have the same quality. Their landed jumps score well, and they should easily outscore the others in the spins, steps and PCS.

Siraj and Lam could do quite well, but I don't think they are podium threats.

Of course, this might all be wishful thinking as Alissa and Mirai are by far my favorite US ladies.

Theatregirl1122
11-06-2010, 03:02 AM
So far this year I've been told that if Agnes shows up at nationals she will win and that Gao will not only medal at nationals but also at worlds. It's entirely possible that Agnes or Christine will win US Nationals, but obviously they can't both win. And i think the odds are just as high if not higher that one of the ladies who has already been a senior US medalist (including 3 former champions) will win. No one can guarantee who will win an event, especially not in ladies. Feel free to take last year's worlds as an example. And I agree with those who have said that the top two will go to worlds. That is what USFSA does.

Ditto on the men's side. There are plenty of Rippon fans who are already saying that he has the Nats gold in the bag. I love Adam but it's waaay to early to tell.

As far as I can tell there is one person who has said that Rippon "has the Nats gold in the bag" and I don't think that person is necessarily a Rippon fan.

RD
11-06-2010, 03:03 AM
It's about who can stand up and deliver when the moment counts. If everyone skates their best or near their best (think 2008, 2010) then it comes down to semantics. Or the SP will separate the contenders from the bombers.

JerseySlore
11-06-2010, 03:27 AM
It's still early, but IMO, if Czisny and Nagasu are anywhere close to clean, they won't be beaten. Additionally, they can be podium threats internationally if they skate clean (a big ask, I know). They are far superior to the rest of the field in terms of spins, presentation and musicality. Flatt, Gao and Zawadski just don't have the same quality. Their landed jumps score well, and they should easily outscore the others in the spins, steps and PCS.

Of course, this might all be wishful thinking as Alissa and Mirai are by far my favorite US ladies.

Mine too.
Sad but rather fortunate thing is Alissa or Mirai probably won't even need to be clean to be a podium threat given the state of the ladies field.

mgobluegirl
11-06-2010, 05:04 AM

Wagner is definitely in with this group, despite her messy skate at NHK a few weeks ago.

pinky166
11-06-2010, 05:09 AM
I think people need to calm down about Czisny. Yes, she skated well at SC, but that's one competition. She could very well go back to URing and falling a lot at her next GP and do the same thing at nationals. You can never really tell what she's going to do, and she's never really been reliable. At the same time, people shouldn't be counting Ashley out b/c she skated poorly at NHK, because again, it's one competition and usually she is pretty consistent. As for Mirai, I think her FS will give us a good idea of where she's at right now.

RD
11-06-2010, 05:14 AM
I agree about Czisny. We've been down this road before, with her seemingly doing so well early in the season and then going kaput at or by Nationals. The two times she went onto Worlds, she laid eggs at those events. If she is modifying her jumping technique, once again, cannot expect overnight results...

DickButtonFan
11-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Mirai is still having problems getting all the way around on her jumps so unless she can get that fixed by nationals I feel Agnes is going to be a real threat for the title. I don't like Agnes's programs at all but her lutz is so crazy huge everyone should be pretty worried if she does two clean programs.