PDA

View Full Version : 2010-2011 US Senior Ladies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

stjeaskategym
11-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Alissa should just compete at sectionals. She will win by a landslide and it will help boost her confidence and give her another chance to compete before TEB. Seems like a win-win situation.

Every skater is different, but I'm sure some skaters would find it quite inconvenient to have to squeeze Sectionals in between two international competitions, no matter how easy the competition is and how close it is to their hometown. It's just another thing requiring focus and preparation time. Do we see other countries' skaters competing at events in between GP competitions spread 3-4 weeks apart? Doubtful.

I know some people believe it is only fair to do it this way, but Dobbs and Musademba, who have one GP each, have byes to Nationals just because they were lucky enough to be assigned to CoC this week. I don't think things based on luck make them fair. Sometimes I think they try so hard to make things fair that they just end up making no sense. I don't see the harm in giving every skater with two GPs a bye to Nationals. It's not like any of these skaters are slouches...They all belong at Nationals anyway. I would rather see one more lower tier skater qualify than risk having a top skater fatigued at a GP because she's competing too much. Maybe Sectionals should be optional for someone in Alissa's situation? Oh well.

DickButtonFan
11-05-2010, 04:44 PM
So far I find mirai's sp to be the best (not in love with the program tho) of the us ladies, no surprise there. However Agnes seems best in the jump department so I predict it's between Agnes and Mirai for the us title and ashley, Alissa and Flatt fighting for the bronze.

pinky166
11-05-2010, 04:51 PM
So far I find mirai's sp to be the best (not in love with the program tho) of the us ladies, no surprise there. However Agnes seems best in the jump department so I predict it's between Agnes and Mirai for the us title and ashley, Alissa and Flatt fighting for the bronze.

Christina is totally going to medal at nationals, the way she's been skating this season, I'd say she's a stronger bet than Wagner,Flatt, Zawadzki and maybe even Alissa just given Alissa's track record.

DickButtonFan
11-05-2010, 05:15 PM
:respec::respec:
Christina is totally going to medal at nationals, the way she's been skating this season, I'd say she's a stronger bet than Wagner,Flatt, Zawadzki and maybe even Alissa just given Alissa's track record.

You're right she could medal as well, can't believe I totally forgot about her lol. It's going to be one interesting nationals can't wait.:D

Jenna
11-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Wait until nationals...everyone who makes fun of Pinky for hyping Gao will be eating their words.

Sylvia
11-05-2010, 05:39 PM
I like Gao's skating and have been impressed with her many improvements so far this season. I don't like the repetitive overhyping of her online (ETA) because I think it turns some fans against her skating unnecessarily. Just my two cents worth.

RD
Wait until nationals...everyone who makes fun of Pinky for hyping Gao will be eating their words.

Podium is definitely not out of the question (would have happened last year had it not been for Cohen) but to think she's gonna win- I dunno why but I just find that laughable...

chipso1
I have no doubt Gao will skate well at Nationals, as she's developed a great consistency in the past year.

I think where she places will largely depend on whether she hits her 3/3 in both programs. Without it, her spins, spirals and footwork don't stand out enough against the rest of the field (Flatt has the same problem, but I see her getting better PCS than Gao since she's going in as the defending champ).

That said, Christina's 3F+3T is one of the best I have ever seen, and I love her free skate this year so I hope she :kickass: in Greensboro.

I like Gao's skating and have been impressed with her many improvements so far this season. I just don't like the repetitive overhyping of her online.

^This.

pinky166
11-05-2010, 05:40 PM

;) Yess. And even more so when she makes the World team.

judgejudy27
11-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Nagasu will win Nationals if she skates even decent this year. I am pretty sure on that. Beyond that the rest is anyones guess at this point. Czisny if she sort of holds it together will win or place 2nd and make the World team though.

oleada
11-05-2010, 09:26 PM
I like Gao's skating and have been impressed with her many improvements so far this season. I don't like the repetitive overhyping of her online (ETA) because I think it turns some fans against her skating unnecessarily. Just my two cents worth.

Exactly

Skate-Dad
11-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Agnes is an incredible skater and will be a force to reckon with down the road. Height is not a handicap if uitilized in the correct way. One must have a Coach that also believes that!

newbatgirl
11-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Agnes is an incredible skater and will be a force to reckon with down the road. Height is not a handicap if uitilized in the correct way. One must have a Coach that also believes that!

I agree. I just don't think Tom Z. is the right coach for her.

Skate-Dad
11-05-2010, 11:01 PM
Lindsay Davis (12th at the JGP in Graz, Austria) is not listed in the Senior Ladies starting order for SWP Regionals so that means she, like Becky Bereswill who is not competing singles at EGL Regionals, is also focusing on pairs at Nationals this season.

Heard she got fired after her last JGP! :argue:

Skate-Dad
11-05-2010, 11:07 PM
I agree. I just don't think Tom Z. is the right coach for her.

I couldn't agree more on that fact!!:respec::respec: