PDA

View Full Version : 2010-2011 US Senior Ladies

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Sylvia
06-19-2010, 06:44 PM
Somebody asked about Angela Maxwell's plans in the Programs thread in GSD and I'm cross-posting my reply here.

There hasn't been any official-type announcement that I know of, but it doesn't look like Angela Maxwell will be competing this season, unfortunately. :( I just noticed that Maxwell's name (link) has been removed from the Team C envelope on USFS' Athletes/Team USA page.

ETA question posted in the Programs thread in GSD:

Also, is DeeDee Leng still skating? I know she was injured last season but I haven't heard anything about her recently.
I only have second-hand hearsay info that DeeDee may not be skating these days -- I don't know if that means she has quit for the time being due to injury or other reasons.

Ziggy
06-19-2010, 09:51 PM
There hasn't been any official-type announcement that I know of, but it doesn't look like she will be competing this season, unfortunately. :( I just noticed that Maxwell's name (link) has been removed from the Team C envelope on USFS' Athletes/Team USA page.

Noooooooooooooo.

Angela is such an expressive, ballsy, original skater. Much more exciting than your average lady.

She will be missed. :(

haribobo
06-19-2010, 09:55 PM
Ditto on Ziggy. :( I should know by now that fantastic skaters named Angela with amazing potential are only going to break my heart. She had some good accomplishments, but she really could have done some incredible things...I'm glad I was able to enjoy her for as long as she competed anyway.

Lanna
06-19-2010, 10:15 PM
There hasn't been any official-type announcement that I know of, but it doesn't look like Angela Maxwell will be competing this season, unfortunately.

:wuzrobbed

oleada
06-19-2010, 10:16 PM
So sad. I loved Angela's skating. :( She was one of a kind and so much fun to watch.

pinky166
06-19-2010, 10:25 PM
^^ Agreed! It's funny, I'm also a big fan of Angela Wang, who despite her 7th place finish in juniors at nationals, I'm really hoping gets JGP assignments this season (I felt she was a little wuzrobbed at nationals, she's better than Davis and as good if not better than Baga and Jiang, all of whom beat her). I guess there just must be something about skaters named Angela :)

chipso1
06-19-2010, 10:30 PM
^^ Agreed! It's funny, I'm also a big fan of Angela Wang, who despite her 7th place finish in juniors at nationals, I'm really hoping gets JGP assignments this season (I felt she was a little wuzrobbed at nationals, she's better than Davis and as good if not better than Baga and Jiang, all of whom beat her). I guess there just must be something about skaters named Angela :)

Four of Wang's 6 triple jumps were URed in her Nationals FS, as well as one of her 2A's, so I'm not sure she "wuzrobbed." She's a great all-around skater, but if she had a weakness/area to work on, it would definitely be the height of her jumps. Hopefully we'll see an improvement in that aspect of her skating this season because I think she deserves to be on the JGP.

crzesk8dad
06-19-2010, 10:34 PM
Noooooooooooooo.

Angela is such an expressive, ballsy, original skater. Much more exciting than your average lady.

She will be missed. :(

Angela is recovering from an ankle injury and is currently in Texas. We are all hoping she will get back on to the ice soon. :D

Ziggy
06-19-2010, 10:37 PM
Angela is recovering from an ankle injury and is currently in Texas. We are all hoping she will get back on to the ice soon. :D

Thank you very much for the news! Hopefully she's going to return to competition. :)

haribobo
06-20-2010, 12:22 AM
If Angela was removed from the USA envelopes AND the international selection pool, does that mean that she has essentially scratched on the whole season, or just the fall season? Skaters have had injuries in the summer before, but they didn't get removed from the envelopes. One would pretty much need to tell USFS "I'm out, don't count on me anymore" to get taken out of the envelopes, right? So although crzesk8dad's news sounds hopeful (and thank you very much for it!)...I just don't know what to make of it.

Polymer Bob
06-20-2010, 12:30 AM
Does Angela have a bye to Nationals?

Jenna
06-20-2010, 12:32 AM
Yes, I agree, that is strange. Also, she is in Texas? Has she moved back to the Midwestern Section now? I actually hope she does, because the Senior Ladies field at Easterns is already shaping up to be a very difficult event.

Sylvia
06-20-2010, 12:38 AM
Skaters have had injuries in the summer before, but they didn't get removed from the envelopes. One would pretty much need to tell USFS "I'm out, don't count on me anymore" to get taken out of the envelopes, right?
Right.

Does Angela have a bye to Nationals?
No.

haribobo
06-20-2010, 12:39 AM
Well, it doesn't matter what section she's in if she's not competing this season. :p But who knows. But yes, Easterns is tough this season, potentially.

pinky166
06-20-2010, 02:58 AM
Four of Wang's 6 triple jumps were URed in her Nationals FS, as well as one of her 2A's, so I'm not sure she "wuzrobbed." She's a great all-around skater, but if she had a weakness/area to work on, it would definitely be the height of her jumps. Hopefully we'll see an improvement in that aspect of her skating this season because I think she deserves to be on the JGP.

Still. She's much better usually than a lot of the girls who placed ahead of her at nationals, so I'm just hoping the 7th place won't hurt her chances of getting JGP assignments. Plus 3lo is her best jump!