PDA

View Full Version : 2010-2011 US Senior Ladies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

stjeaskategym
09-13-2010, 07:48 PM
According to your list, Eastern and Pacific Coast appear to be the toughest sectionals this season. A lot will depend on which skaters make the JGP final though (if Siraj and Cesario both do, then Easterns becomes significantly easier). For PC a lot will probably depend on if Kristene makes the JGPF and if Ellie is healthy enough to compete at her usual standard. If both Kristene and Ellie end up skating at PC sectionals, Lindsay may have a tough time making it to nationals, but if neither girl competes there/if Ellie is still too injured to compete well, then she should make it to nationals easily.

Barring a meltdown, I don't think Lindsay Davis would have any trouble getting through Sectionals even if someone like Ellie was healthy enough. Ellie, and the others in that section, have their own jumping issues. Now it's just a matter of whether Davis will actually have to compete there depending on her international assignments.

crzesk8dad
09-13-2010, 08:31 PM
:watch: This is going to be a great season!

mgobluegirl
09-13-2010, 08:59 PM
You should add Chelsea Morrow in the Midwestern section. She won that event last year.

And to answer an earlier question, you can't compete at the US Collegiate championships unless you're enrolled as a student for the upcoming school year, IIRC. So that would mean that Sperduto is going to school this year. She could still be competing, though.

chipso1
09-13-2010, 09:06 PM
You should add Chelsea Morrow in the Midwestern section. She won that event last year.

That's right. Thanks! It's apparently her final season competing: http://www.mlive.com/sports/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2010/06/caledonia_skater_chelsea_morro_2.html

RFOS
09-13-2010, 09:12 PM
Is Morrow still competing (other than in collegiate events)? I remembered a topic about her "retirement" being posted over the summer, with this article link. http://www.mlive.com/sports/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2010/06/caledonia_skater_chelsea_morro_2.html

It's certainly possible she could have changed her mind though (and even in the article it said it was "likely" her final competitive season).

ETA: :lol: I see chipso remembered the same article I did, but I interpreted it as being LAST season that was her final season (and the poster who created the topic clearly did too, since the topic was called "Chelsea Morrow retires.")

We'll find out soon enough. ;)

Sylvia
09-13-2010, 09:14 PM
Which reminds me -- Morrow should have a bye through Eastern Great Lakes Regionals because of the rule that gives the Sectional Senior singles champions a bye through Regionals the following year if they want it. The other 2 Sectional champs were Bebe Liang at Coasts (officially retired) and Blake Rosenthal at Easterns (starting Harvard this fall and not competing AFAIK).

Question: Czisny's events are SC (Oct. 29-31) and TEB (Nov. 26-28). Her Regional is Oct. 8-12 and her Sectional is Nov. 9-13. Does that mean, at this point in time, she would have to do both Regionals and Sectionals in addition to her 2 GP events?
As I posted earlier, my (still unofficial) hearsay information is that Alissa Czisny currently has a bye through EGL Regionals and is scheduled to compete at Mids.

I would add a (?) to Rebecca Stern's name under Easterns because she has not competed this season, AFAIK. Kendall Wyckoff is planning to compete out of New England Regionals (confirmed to me at Middle Atlantics this past weekend).

Mids - has not competed a full competition yet, AFAIK:
Becky Bereswill (Skate Detroit SP only)
Alissa Czisny (see above)
Kayla Howey
Marissa Secundy - registered to compete this week in CO

Pacific Coasts - has not competed a full competition yet, AFAIK:
Ellie Kawamura
Danielle Kahle (Golden West SP only)

pinky166
09-13-2010, 09:49 PM
Barring a meltdown, I don't think Lindsay Davis would have any trouble getting through Sectionals even if someone like Ellie was healthy enough. Ellie, and the others in that section, have their own jumping issues. Now it's just a matter of whether Davis will actually have to compete there depending on her international assignments.

Lam would be the favorite going in and Zhou was very good at collegiates, Ellie and Lindsay are pretty comparable, or they were last season. If Gong doesn't make the JGPF, which judging from her scores in Romania that's definitely not a gaurantee especially with the field being so deep this season, that's 5 skaters before you even factor in Alba. If Kristiene isn't there she should be able to make it, but if Kristiene is there then it's hard to tell, it will really come down to how everyone skates.

chipso1
09-13-2010, 10:03 PM
Zhou always gets hit with many, many downgrades in her free skates, so barring any major improvement, I don't think she's a shoe-in to make Nationals, pinky.

Polymer Bob
09-13-2010, 10:22 PM
As I posted earlier, my (still unofficial) hearsay information is that Alissa Czisny currently has a bye through EGL Regionals and is scheduled to compete at Mids.

As they say, "Rules is rules." But somehow, that just doesn't feel quite right. :blah:

chipso1
09-13-2010, 10:30 PM
As they say, "Rules is rules." But somehow, that just doesn't feel quite right. :blah:

It would be a ridiculous amount of travel and competition to make Czisny go from Tennesse -- Kingston, Ontario -- Michigan -- Paris, France in a span of roughly 5-6 weeks. Talk about burnout.

As I said before, I believe all skaters with 2 SGP assignments should automatically be byed to Nationals, but that's another topic altogether.

Sylvia
09-13-2010, 10:34 PM
I have been informed that Kayla Howey (Upper Great Lakes region - she qualified for her first Nationals at the senior level in 2010 but had to withdraw after the SP) will not be competing this season in order to fully heal a pelvic/back injury she has been dealing with for the past three years. Best wishes to her!

chipso1
09-13-2010, 10:37 PM
:(

Kayla Howey is such a lovely skater. Her SP from Nationals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxjAik2BcI4&translated=1

I hope she gets fully healed soon; she is a great talent. Her posture, speed and flow across the ice are among the best of all U.S. ladies, IMO.

Thanks for the info, Sylvia! I've updated the lists again.

Coco
09-13-2010, 11:20 PM
Thanks for posting that chips01!! Sounds painful, and I'm glad she's taking care of it.

pinky166
09-14-2010, 01:11 AM
Zhou always gets hit with many, many downgrades in her free skates, so barring any major improvement, I don't think she's a shoe-in to make Nationals, pinky.

But she scored 135.05 at Collegiates less than a month ago,and I don't think Davis or Kawamura has ever scored that high. And her UR issues are comparable to Davis and Kawamura only having 3 triples. Zhou may not be a shoe-in, but that's my point, neither is Lindsay or any of these girls really because they are pretty comparable and if Gong there than likely one of Lam, Zhou, Davis, or Kawamura won't make it. Lam seems heavy edge to the others for now but between Davis, Kawamura, and Zhou there isn't really a frontrunner so it will depend on how they skate. I know Gong won silver in Romania but it was a splatfest and she'll be competing against Yasmin and Adelina in Britain along with some other strong skaters so making the final will be hard.

RD
09-14-2010, 02:16 AM
I added Rizo...thanks!

I've heard that Emily is back at Harvard full time, and have hearsay info that Kimmie is not competing this season.

Thanks for the info about Hughes. I wasn't sure whether she went back but I was ready to assume so.