PDA

View Full Version : 2010-2011 US Senior Ladies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

madm
09-13-2010, 01:20 PM
but Dobbs/Jacobsen may not have to compete at Pacific Coast Sectionals anyway because there will likely not be more than 4 Senior pairs per sectional this year.

Although there may be 4 teams or less, it does not automatically mean the teams do not have to compete. When skaters register for regionals/sectionals, one of the questions asks if you would compete if there are 4 or less entries. If you answer "yes", then you are obligated to compete regardless of the number of entries. If you do not show up, you do not advance to the next level.

Dobbs/Jacobsen may have to get a bye through Sectionals just because of the travel logistics involved, where it would be nearly impossible for Amanda to get from China to the U.S. in time, not to mention allowing her time to rest in between!

pinky166
09-13-2010, 05:00 PM
Who else are you expecting to contend besides Vanessa Lam, Karen Zhou, and Kristiene Gong? At this point I'd say Lindsay has at least a 50/50 shot.

She only has 3 triples, and with the new rules on GOE, that's going to hurt her. In addition to Lam, Zhou, Gong, she'll also be up against Kawamura, Dobbs, Diggs and potentially Musademba now that she's in California?

pinky166
09-13-2010, 05:02 PM
^^ Or do Dobbs and Musademba get byes because of CoC? I'm so confused....

jlai
09-13-2010, 05:09 PM
Who else are you expecting to contend besides Vanessa Lam, Karen Zhou, and Kristiene Gong? At this point I'd say Lindsay has at least a 50/50 shot.

Is Bereswill still doing singles and is she still at SWP? Thanks.

(My spreadsheet (work-in-progress) lists the other top names (like Dobbs) as having byes. )

Stephanie
09-13-2010, 05:12 PM
There's also Carolyn Ann Alba, who has come back to singles and has placed well so far.

Becky Bereswill is mids.

chipso1
09-13-2010, 05:17 PM
She only has 3 triples, and with the new rules on GOE, that's going to hurt her. In addition to Lam, Zhou, Gong, she'll also be up against Kawamura, Dobbs, Diggs and potentially Musademba now that she's in California?

Diggs is not competing this season, and I think Kawamura has been recovering from injury this summer/as of late.

Has Musademba officially switched clubs? I believe she still represents the Washington FSC, so she would be competing at Easterns. Also, if Gong does well at her second JGP event and makes the Final, she would have an automatic bye through Sectionals.

Debbie S
09-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Is Bereswill still doing singles and is she still at SWP? Becky is now listed as representing Detroit SC, so her regional would be EGL. Then she would be at Mids.

chipso1
09-13-2010, 06:45 PM
Here's a list just for reference:

Byes to Nationals -- 2010 Senior Top 5
Rachael Flatt
Mirai Nagasu
Ashley Wagner
Sasha Cohen
Christina Gao

2010-11 Competition Conflicts
Amanda Dobbs (Finlandia Trophy & Cup of China) -- bye to Nationals
Caroline Zhang (NHK Trophy & Skate America) -- bye to Nationals
Alexe Gilles (Skate Canada & Skate America) -- must compete at Regionals (?)
Agnes Zawadzki (Skate Canada & Cup of Russia) -- must compete at Regionals (?)
Kristine Musademba (Cup of China) -- must compete at Regionals

Question: Czisny's events are SC (Oct. 29-31) and TEB (Nov. 26-28). Her Regional is Oct. 8-12 and her Sectional is Nov. 9-13. Does that mean, at this point in time, she would have to do both Regionals and Sectionals in addition to her 2 GP events?

Potential Eastern Sectional Skaters
Melissa Bulanhagui
Samantha Cesario (possible JGP Finalist)
Joelle Forte (?)
Brittney Rizo (?)
Yasmin Siraj (possible JGP Finalist)
Rebecca Stern (?)
Kendall Wyckoff
Felicia Zhang

Potential Midwestern Sectional Skaters
Kiri Baga (possible JGP Finalist?)
Becky Bereswill
Alissa Czisny (?)
Tatyana Khazova
Chelsea Morrow (? her final season according to this (http://www.mlive.com/sports/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2010/06/caledonia_skater_chelsea_morro_2.html) article?)
Marissa Secundy
Christina-Maria Sperduto (competing?)

Potential Pacific Coast Sectional Skaters
Carolyn-Ann Alba
Lindsay Davis (possible JGP Finalist?)
Kristiene Gong (possible JGP Finalist)
Ellie Kawamura
Danielle Kahle
Vanessa Lam
Karen Zhou

jlai
09-13-2010, 06:55 PM
Is Angela Wang going senior? Thanks

chipso1
09-13-2010, 07:00 PM
Is Angela Wang going senior? Thanks

Oops! I forgot she had been competing jr. programs this summer. Fixed! :)

Sylvia, can you confirm whether these skaters plan on competing: Kahle, Forte, Wyckoff, Howey, Sperduto and Stern? Thanks! :) I believe Sperduto has deferred college a year already, so I'm not sure if she's going this year or not. I know she recently competed at Collegiates.

pinky166
09-13-2010, 07:23 PM
According to your list, Eastern and Pacific Coast appear to be the toughest sectionals this season. A lot will depend on which skaters make the JGP final though (if Siraj and Cesario both do, then Easterns becomes significantly easier). For PC a lot will probably depend on if Kristene makes the JGPF and if Ellie is healthy enough to compete at her usual standard. If both Kristene and Ellie end up skating at PC sectionals, Lindsay may have a tough time making it to nationals, but if neither girl competes there/if Ellie is still too injured to compete well, then she should make it to nationals easily.

pinky166
09-13-2010, 07:25 PM
Oh and Britney Rizo competed at collegiates, so if she's competing this season she'll also be at Easterns, as well as Kimmie and Emily if they are competing.

RD
09-13-2010, 07:27 PM
I'm nearly 90% sure Meissner is not competing. Not as sure about Hughes, although I think she's done as well.

chipso1
09-13-2010, 07:37 PM
Oh and Britney Rizo competed at collegiates, so if she's competing this season she'll also be at Easterns, as well as Kimmie and Emily if they are competing.

I added Rizo...thanks!

I've heard that Emily is back at Harvard full time, and have hearsay info that Kimmie is not competing this season.

chipso1
09-13-2010, 07:41 PM
According to your list, Eastern and Pacific Coast appear to be the toughest sectionals this season. A lot will depend on which skaters make the JGP final though (if Siraj and Cesario both do, then Easterns becomes significantly easier). For PC a lot will probably depend on if Kristene makes the JGPF and if Ellie is healthy enough to compete at her usual standard. If both Kristene and Ellie end up skating at PC sectionals, Lindsay may have a tough time making it to nationals, but if neither girl competes there/if Ellie is still too injured to compete well, then she should make it to nationals easily.

As long as she's healthy, I can't see Lindsay Davis not making Nationals. Lam appears right now to be the favorite in the PC Section, but I would put Davis second or third (depending on if Gong makes the JGPF). Alba and Kahle are returning to singles competition and don't have the hardest jump arsenal. Zhou has a history of severe URs, and based on her GoldenWest score, it appears as though she hasn't completely fixed this problem yet.

I'm excited to see how Kawamura has progressed under Frank Carroll, and hope she is completely healthy this qualifying season!