PDA

View Full Version : Asada Picks Nichol to Choreograph Her FS

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Iceman
05-10-2010, 04:51 PM
http://home.kyodo.co.jp/modules/fstStory/index.php?storyid=500008

IceAlisa
05-10-2010, 04:55 PM
I am getting tired of Nichol choreography but it may actually suit Mao. I wonder what the music is.

Marco
05-10-2010, 05:00 PM
Lori Nichol brought her Nocturne, Fantaisie Impromptu, and Claire de Lune (I am happy to forget about Nutcracker and Czardas), in other words, YAY! :cheer:

Willowway
05-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Given what this past season looked like, this is a step in the right direction for Mao. I think Nicol will design something that is 'right size' for her and leverages her natural qualities. While no one hits it out of the park every time, I think on balance Laurie is a good choice right now.

shopper
05-10-2010, 05:12 PM
has to be a big improvement.

Rob
05-10-2010, 05:13 PM
This makes me happy.

MR-FAN
05-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Cautiously Optimistic!

Ok Lori, work some of that Joannie Magic now! (I loved Nocturne and Claire de lune started to grow on me, but wasn't crazy about the rest of the programs Lori gave Mao in the past. Certainly none of her LPs were home runs for me.)

Now how about Tom Dickson or Shae-lynn for the SP choreo?!? :swoon:

poths
05-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Eh, Salome Brunner is CLEARLY the most innovative, experssionate choreographer at the moment. Lambiel's programs were utter genius this year and Meier's stuff has always been understated elegance. What she could for Mao makes me :swoon: at the very thought.

Lori is over used and fresh out of ideas...Salome would be a far better choice.

Marco
05-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Eh, Salome Brunner is CLEARLY the most innovative, experssionate choreographer at the moment. Lambiel's programs were utter genius this year and Meier's stuff has always been understated elegance. What she could for Mao makes me :swoon: at the very thought.

Lori is over used and fresh out of ideas...Salome would be a far better choice.

I think Brunner is too much to take for Asada.

MR-FAN
05-10-2010, 05:49 PM
I think Brunner is too much to take for Asada.

:eek: Is Brunner a Diva?!?

Details :watch:

Willowway
05-10-2010, 05:50 PM
I would agree that the work Brunner has done with Lambiel is gorgeous. I would think that after this very rocky season Mao needs both a comfortable, nurturing working relationship as well as some nice programs. For Mao, Laurie is the "known" and is comfortable (I'm guessing) and I think that's the closest thing to fitting the bill for Mao right now. While Brunner is remarkably talented, Mao needs a high comfort level and she can't know that with Brunner in advance. I think she's going down the right road which is to say minimizing any chance of a train wreck like 1) her last LP 2) her odd relationship with TT. I hope she has a satisfying season.

Marco
05-10-2010, 05:56 PM
:eek: Is Brunner a Diva?!?

Details :watch:

Sorry I meant her work will be too much to take for Asada.

AYS
05-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Nichol is a very good fit for Mao, IMO.

ChibiChibi
05-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Mao's SP will be done by TT.

Jaana
05-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Lori Nichol is a wonderful choice for Mao, in my opinion. She has the ability to create brilliant choreographies to fit the skater in question perfectly. And her choreographies seem always new.