PDA

View Full Version : DWTS 5/10-11: Dancing though Time

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Garden Kitty
05-10-2010, 03:51 PM
This week we get two dances per team, including one dance from a specific "time period" In Evan's case, it's a "futuristic cha cha". He and Anna also have a waltz

Q and A with Evan (http://www.tvguide.com/Dancing-Stars/Dancing-Evan-Lysacek-1018259.aspx) from TV Guide

barbk
05-10-2010, 04:07 PM
This week we get two dances per team, including one dance from a specific "time period" In Evan's case, it's a "futuristic cha cha". He and Anna also have a waltz

Q and A with Evan (http://www.tvguide.com/Dancing-Stars/Dancing-Evan-Lysacek-1018259.aspx) from TV Guide

Thanks for the link. I think my favorite was:
Your packages are refreshing compared to everyone else's because you guys just seem focused on working. There's no drama or fights.
Lysacek: We don't have time to fight. We get along really well and are really good friends. We don't confuse our roles, I think, because I'm used to that approach: I'm the student and someone Anna is the coach and teacher. I think an understanding of those roles is really helpful when you're in this environment. We do butt heads, but we're not ever disrespectful about it, and I think that's why they're not even eye-catching moments on film because they're more conversational than anything.

I suspect that this is the reason that so many of the Olympic athletes have been so successful on DWTS. They're used to the coaching relationship, and they don't expect to be treated as an equal in the decision-making process. Add to that the work ethic and working through pain, and you've got a tough competitor.

BittyBug
05-10-2010, 04:10 PM
I lurves Evan, but from the TV Guide Q&A from Garden Kitty:

We don't have that much choreography in a skating routine. We mainly go trick to trick and we do a few arm movements.:shuffle:

Cherub721
05-10-2010, 05:18 PM
At least, unlike Plushenko, he was intelligent enough to say this AFTER the Olympics. :rofl:

I think futuristic cha-cha is good for him. I expected cha-cha to be difficult for him and wasn't that impressed with his performance in the team dance, but a stylized routinne with the angular movements that he does well should work out for him. I'm really excited to see the waltz. The v. waltz from week 1 was lovely and he's improved so much.

sk9tingfan
05-10-2010, 05:23 PM
In Evan's case, it's a "futuristic cha cha".

It had better be futuristic because with respect to the cha cha, that's probably all Evan will be able to achieve. I just don't see those hips going sufficiently to pull off a real, sensuous example. :lol:

danceronice
05-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Cha cha's not sensuous. In fact it's the best Latin dance (besides paso) for cheating your hips--you aren't supposed to have much hip action on the cha-cha-cha (there just isn't time) and generally the music is fast enough that you can fudge on the 1-2-3. too. Rhumba is too slow to fake, but cha is quick and snappy, so if you're not REALLY doing much, most people won't notice.

My bigger worry for Evan is if he's still wearing those silly patent shoes that look like Standard and can't point and flex. Plus with those long legs, a bent knee on a cha cha lock is going to be REALLY obvious.

rfisher
05-10-2010, 05:49 PM
I lurves Evan, but from the TV Guide Q&A from Garden Kitty:

:shuffle:

I snickered when I read this this morning. He's right. Compared to dance, there isn't much choreography. There's only so much you can do on skates. He does mention arm waving. :lol:

soxxy
05-10-2010, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the link. I think my favorite was:
Your packages are refreshing compared to everyone else's because you guys just seem focused on working. There's no drama or fights.
Lysacek: We don't have time to fight. We get along really well and are really good friends. We don't confuse our roles, I think, because I'm used to that approach: I'm the student and someone Anna is the coach and teacher. I think an understanding of those roles is really helpful when you're in this environment. We do butt heads, but we're not ever disrespectful about it, and I think that's why they're not even eye-catching moments on film because they're more conversational than anything.

Evan has a great attitude. Anna must be in heaven.

Chad and Neicy may be in trouble tonight.

rfisher
05-11-2010, 01:04 AM
I predict Nicolle crys.

Only three weeks left.

Eden
05-11-2010, 01:09 AM
Cheryl is wearing similar dress to the one she wore last week, only today its color is black.
I don't think the change of color helps...

soxxy
This music will kill me. I saw no Tango in that. Chad moves oddly. Let's move on.

Matryeshka
Cheryl very Kiss of the Spider Woman. Or the villaness in a bad B movie sci fi movie shown at 3am.

rfisher
05-11-2010, 01:10 AM
Chad can go home this week. Or Neicy.

Oh Nicolle. Boo hoo. I just want it to be good. :drama: :wuzrobbed :blah:

Beefcake
05-11-2010, 01:13 AM
Off topic, but hey I'm at work anyway ...

Chad ... what an awful name. No wonder the guy likes his nicknames. (Say it aloud. "Chad". Ick.) On the level with "Agnes" for a girl.

sk8sue
05-11-2010, 01:15 AM
scores:

Chad 7 7 7 = 21