PDA

View Full Version : Becky Bereswill to skate pairs with Trevor Young

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

FSOWebmaster
05-10-2010, 05:09 AM
Story: http://figureskatersonline.com/news/2010/05/09/becky-bereswill-set-to-make-pairs-debut-this-summer/

Journal entry: http://www.figureskatersonline.com/beckybereswill/journal.htm

stjeaskategym
05-10-2010, 05:51 AM
Wow, she is so tall for singles skating, so I didn't think she would ever try pairs! 5'6" is she? I didn't know Trevor was that tall.

~tapdancer~
05-10-2010, 02:14 PM
I hope they will be successful, what a lovely couple they will make together on the ice! Look forward to seeing them compete.

olympic
05-10-2010, 02:24 PM
At the beginning of the article, it states 'in addition to...' Does that mean she will skate Singles and Pairs? I mean, she' barely able to get through a Ladies LP....:yikes:

TanithandBenFan
05-10-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm really excited about this partnership! Sounds like they're having fun and making good progress. Hope we'll get to see some vids from Skate Detroit. ;)

Frau Muller
05-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Well, at least she has not decided ot skate for Azerbaijan or Montenegro. I was afraid when I read the first half of the title of this thread...

kirkbiggestfan
05-10-2010, 02:36 PM
5'11 and 5'6? Is that correct?

azskatefan
05-10-2010, 02:51 PM
I'm excited for this partnership if for no other reason than I think they're both good looking. She's also so long and lean that they'll have a contrasting style to most of the U.S. pairs. (Of course, her height could be a downfall...)

At the beginning of the article, it states 'in addition to...' Does that mean she will skate Singles and Pairs? I mean, she' barely able to get through a Ladies LP....:yikes:

To her credit, the article also states that she had two stress fractures in her lower back from after the JGP Final through the recent nationals. Since she did not compete after nationals, she was able to finish the healing process on those and start therapy. It sounds like that was probably the reason for her dismal results last season, especially since she did do well the previous season (although it was juniors).

5'11 and 5'6? Is that correct?

If their bios are correct then yes.

Ziggy
05-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Well, at least she has not decided ot skate for Azerbaijan or Montenegro. I was afraid when I read the first half of the title of this thread...

Obsessed much?

Debbie S
05-10-2010, 04:06 PM
At the beginning of the article, it states 'in addition to...' Does that mean she will skate Singles and Pairs?

It appears that way:

Bereswill, who will also continue in singles, finished 13th in the senior ladies competition at the 2010 U.S. Championships in Spokane, Wash.,

I had forgotten that Becky needs to pass all the pairs tests - that will be a challenge, but hopefully they can do it.

Last weekend, Young graduated Summa Cum Laude with a degree in Operations and Industrial Engineering.:respec: to Trevor!

dupagegal
05-10-2010, 04:56 PM
I think this team may have some real potential. Their personalities are similar. They both are good Jumpers.Strong work ethic and excellent coaching. It's a matter of if the is fearless or not on the lifts and throws......I agree they will look good together.

poths
05-10-2010, 05:09 PM

:huh: The Junior Grand Prize Final Champ from 2008. She may have been disappointing in 2010 but that's just insulting.

Does this guy have all the triples?

Just to add, she ran 44 minutes at the Houston Rodeo 10 k, winning the u20 comp by nearly a minute. (I ran the a recent 10k in our national Park in 51 recently, and thought I was good :lol:)

Never mind two events, this chick is class at 2 SPORTS. :respec:

poths
05-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Wow, she is so tall for singles skating, so I didn't think she would ever try pairs! 5'6" is she? I didn't know Trevor was that tall.

ISU have her as 163, which is 5'3 1/2 and full inch shorter than Zhang.

Skittl1321
05-10-2010, 05:46 PM
ISU have her as 163, which is 5'3 1/2 and full inch shorter than Zhang.

Her ISU bio says 168
http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00011127.htm

That's 5'6" - tall for pairs. I've heard pairs guys complain that all the girls on partner search are tall at 5'2" and higher.

(Also- the pictures on her journal page- WOW she is gorgeous. With her hair tied back on the ice she looks pretty but plain.)

olympic
05-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Her ISU bio says 168
http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00011127.htm

That's 5'6" - tall for pairs. I've heard pairs guys complain that all the girls on partner search are tall at 5'2" and higher.

(Also- the pictures on her journal page- WOW she is gorgeous. With her hair tied back on the ice she looks pretty but plain.)

Wasn't Tai Babilonia 5'5"?