PDA

View Full Version : Rebuildling trust in a work relationship

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

BaileyCatts
05-20-2010, 12:42 AM
Its near 8p EST Wednesday when I post this and I still have no answer. Yes, I was able to tell them my side of the story in the meeting on Tuesday. There were two HR people in there who wrote down every single word that came out of my mouth .... all that was missing was the bright light in my face because it felt like an interrogation. They told me I was to remain home on paid leave until I hear from them and I received no call on TU, its close of business WE and no call. I am wondering if they are waiting for my boss to return to town on Thursday to reconnect with him.

Thank you all so much for your support. I will be sure to keep you posted.

Quintuple
05-20-2010, 12:50 AM
Thank you for updating us - I was worried. I'm super glad you were able to tell them your side.

You know, going back to your first meeting with HR/boss last Thursday, you mentioned HR saying something about putting you somewhere else. Who knows - maybe the company knows you shouldn't be terminated, but your boss might not be comfortable anymore (which would suck, and may even be his own problem, but it's murky territory). Whether they keep you on or fire you, just keep your eyes, ears, and options open!

skipaway
05-20-2010, 01:15 AM
BaileyCatts, I just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry for your situation and I hope all ends well.

Aussie Willy
05-20-2010, 01:50 AM
BC - that sounds positive that you did get to tell your side of the story. I hope it all works out in your favour.

Still the waiting sucks.

PrincessLeppard
05-20-2010, 02:17 AM
:wrong thread! sorry!

Moto Guzzi
05-20-2010, 02:30 AM
I am wondering if they are waiting for my boss to return to town on Thursday to reconnect with him. That could be the case. Perhaps they are willing to keep you on but transfer you to another division and are awaiting his decision as to whether he wants to keep you or not. I hope everything goes well for you and that you end up in a position where you can feel comfortable and not the object of suspicion and mistrust. Keeping you in my thoughts.

essence_of_soy
05-20-2010, 02:46 AM
Sorry that you have been going through such a terrible time.

My impression from the turn of events is that if you were going to be fired, they would have done this already. It is very unfair on you not to have this resolved by now.

I guess from the company's perspective, this is not a clear - cut situation.

You have been an excellent employee to this point, and it is not only expensive for them to give you a severence payout, interviewing and training a new person is also costly and time - unfriendly.

But as others have said, don't quit.

BigB08822
05-21-2010, 11:49 PM
Have you heard anything, didn't your boss return yesterday?

BaileyCatts
05-22-2010, 12:44 AM
Its 7:30p on Friday night and I still have not received any further information at all since I went to meet with them on Tuesday! I was told I was on paid leave until they contact me. I don't understand what is going on or why they are not keeping me informed because that is just making me stress out even more. I don't know if its a good sign or a bad sign that this is taking so long? I don't care if they force me to move to another role or another site (even though I hate those girls I have to work with, I love working for my boss, but I'm guessing I have permanently damaged that relationship regardless), hell I would even take a demotion or a pay cut, I just don't want to lose my job at my company!

BigB08822
05-22-2010, 12:55 AM
I would say that this is probably good news. If they were set on firing you then I think they would have done it right away. I imagine they are thinking of disciplining you and wanted your bosses input, etc. I could be wrong so I don't want to get your hopes up but for the moment you still have your job!

Aussie Willy
05-22-2010, 08:17 AM
Thanks for updating us all BC. I can't believe that they haven't contacted you yet.

The only good thing is you are being paid. Still I would probably much rather be at work because the stress would be killing me..

Angelskates
05-22-2010, 11:18 AM
BaileyCatts - are you looking for another job? I would be looking if I were you. Even if it turns out you still have a job, it doesn't hurt to look at options.

Cupid
05-22-2010, 02:21 PM
I would seriously start looking. You never know, you may find something that pays the same and you can make a fresh start. It's going to be very awkward when you return after such a long break. You know tongues have been wagging and I don't know what your co-workers' attitidue will be toward you, they may make your life miserable.

Just keep your options open. Don't wait by the phone, don't quit without another job lined up,don't sign anything without first reading and understanding. I know you probably already know all this. This break might be a good one for you to collect your thoughts and emotions.

Look out for yourself. Good luckand I wish you well.

pilgrimsoul
05-22-2010, 04:16 PM
BaileyCatts, just popping in to say I'm thinking of you and hoping for the best for you. It sounds a little like your HR folks are realizing they overreacted, and are now treading extra carefully to make sure they don't expose themselves to any liability where you're concerned. The fact that they're afraid to fire you outright is a good thing in the short term.

In the long run, however, I agree with the others who have urged you to start looking for another job. You may get to keep your job in the end, but it will continue to be a stressful situation for you. I know change is scary, but it can't be more scary than what you've already been through.

A fresh start in your career can be a catalyst to make your entire life better! It may even help you build up the courage to try changing things up in other aspects of your life. This can be a very exciting and freeing time for you if you let it. Don't be afraid to give something new a try. Life is short, and you deserve to be happy.

skatesindreams
05-22-2010, 04:39 PM
I agree with those who suggests that you should not hesiitate to investigate other options.
No one should have to work in a atmosphere of distrust and suspicion.

The choices you make should be your own; and bring you satisfaction and fufillment.
Other posters have shared great advice here.