PDA

View Full Version : Rebuildling trust in a work relationship

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

BigB08822
05-19-2010, 04:54 AM
First I want to say that I saw the warnings about the troll before seeing the messages, so I did not read them and used "ignore". I will not take that bait. Not in this thread or any of the other features on this board, so don't bother.

Second, I want to thank those of you for listening and offering your support, for that's all I asked, someone to listen. People post their personal problems on this board all the time because they just want someone to listen and offer support and guidance and just want someone to talk to. Thank you for that.

I still don't have an outcome. They are still discussing the matter and will contact me 'soon'. I don't know if that means, Wednesday, Thursday, or what. So now I am still waiting. I will post back when I know more.

Much :respec: to you!

I can't believe they STILL don't have an answer on this. That just seems infuriating. Well, enjoy your paid time off and perhaps begin working on your resume and looking for other jobs just in case.

overedge
05-19-2010, 05:37 AM
BC, did you get the chance to present your side of the events?

UMBS Go Blue
05-19-2010, 06:04 AM
BC, good to hear from you - please take care. :)

vesperholly
05-19-2010, 10:12 AM
I hadn't checked this thread in a bit and I'm shocked how quickly this escalated! :( I really hope you get a chance to present your side of the story clearly. Writing it down and submitting it or even reading it in a meeting is a great idea. I often have problems controlling my emotions when I'm frustrated or taken by surprise (though the more shit that happens to me, the better I get at it :rolleyes:), so writing down exactly what I want to say helps a lot. No matter what happens, you deserve to tell your side of the story.

Good luck!! (((BaileyCatts)))

ps, good on all you people who warned BC about the troll. Here at FSU we take care of our own! :)

SmallFairy
05-19-2010, 10:23 AM
BaileyCatts, I've been following this thread, but didn't reply to it until now. I just want to say I wish you all the best, I hope this works out in the end in a way you're happy with!!! it's crazy that these people at your work still can't give you an answer to what will happen...
I know the feelings you have been describing through this thread, I was once fired because of an incorrect matter, and my world fell apart. it's the worst things that has ever happened to me. I just wanted to sleep and never wake up. I went to see a lawyer, and then the company immediately gave me my job back, because they had not followed the rules, I had done nothing wrong, and there was no reason to fire me. so, they could do nothing else than take me back. of course, I didn't want to work there anymore, so I resigned the same day. these people had treated me so badly.

I believe you are treated very badly also. yes, you made a mistake, but as I see it, not a very serious one. you have been working there for so long, companies should take care of their workers and treat them well, even when something like this happens. I think that maybe you will be better off in a new job, with other people, no matter what, because everybody deserves to work with decent people who care about you. I know reality isn't always like that, but still... (I'm in Norway, so I don't know US laws at all, but here, looking at you're boss' e-mail like that, would not be a legal reason to fire anyone)

what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, and this will too, I promise you, you will feel better after, even if it's the worst time now. I'm thinking of you, hoping it will all work out soon, and sends you a big hug!! ((((BaileyCatts)))

Tove*

Sarah
05-19-2010, 11:31 AM
Before I go back to lurking...

BC, I hope the outcome, whatever it is for you, leads to better things. If you do get to stay on, I hope you will be successful in finding a better job in a better working environment. After this, I don't know that I'd want to continue working for someone who no longer trusted me. That said, if they do keep you, don't quit until you find something else.

I do have a question. And this is based on lots of IT security training I've had to take for numerous jobs (lots of short term temp work allowed me to experience numerous companies and numerous IT security training). Even though you gave yourself access to his email as a delegate (out of habit), this and all changes must be done on your boss's account. Now, even though he had you set this up so you could have calendar access, all my training tells me that the individual who owns the account is still responsible for knowing who has access to what. Technically, he should have checked to see what you had access to and changed it if he wasn't happy with it. If he didn't know how, he could have checked with IT or with you. Correct? And, I know how easy it is to accidentally click the wrong email box and open mail, thinking it is your main account.

I'm sure the lying was what made this mess bigger, but at the end of the day, you had access to his email from his account and even though you set it up, should he not have some responsibility for his own outlook account security?

Anyway, best of luck and I hope everything works out for you. Back to lurking.

CynicElle
05-19-2010, 11:33 AM
BaileyCatts, I'm so sorry that they're dragging this out even longer. Hang in there.

ilovepaydays
05-19-2010, 12:53 PM
I still don't have an outcome. They are still discussing the matter and will contact me 'soon'. I don't know if that means, Wednesday, Thursday, or what. So now I am still waiting. I will post back when I know more.

Seriously, at this point you need to look for other opportunities. Best of luck to you!

BelleBway
05-19-2010, 01:23 PM
(((BaileyCatts))) Sorry they are still dragging this out. Hang in there.

Gypsy
05-19-2010, 01:25 PM
BaileyCatts - Just take this one step at a time and remember that you have many friends here at FSU who care.

Angelskates
05-19-2010, 02:19 PM
After numerous opportunities and ample time, I'm interested you know if you've presented your side yet? The longer you wait, the less it will mean and the worse it will look both for the short and long term.

skatesindreams
05-19-2010, 02:42 PM
You are still in my thoughts.
I know that dragging this situation out only increases the stress.
Keep us posted, please.

talulabell
05-19-2010, 03:15 PM
Well, the longer they drag this out, the more I wonder if they are taking into account your long years of service, and working on discipline instead of termination. But, at the same time, I'm not so sure how much of a "bright side" that is anymore. Yes, it would be nice not to lose your job, but it does really sound like it's not the right place for you anymore. I'll just reiterate what others have said, and say take this time to start looking for what other opportunities there are for you.

Good luck! Keep us posted, and make sure to hang around FSU and snark and laugh and keep your mind of stuff.

Flatfoote
05-19-2010, 10:03 PM
I wonder if they are dragging it out so you'll get so stressed out you'll quit. Maybe they don't have legal grounds to terminate you and are trying to get you to fire yourself.

Cupid
05-19-2010, 10:22 PM
I wonder if they are dragging it out so you'll get so stressed out you'll quit. Maybe they don't have legal grounds to terminate you and are trying to get you to fire yourself.

I wondered about that, too. That would make it so easy for them. I would also worry about being left hanging like that wherein they may put you down as a voluntary quit if you just don't show up soon. Did they say they'd call you when they were ready for you, or what? I'd be tempted to go over there.