PDA

View Full Version : 2010-11 US Pairs

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

haribobo
05-09-2010, 09:11 PM
Top 5-Definite bye to Nationals
Denney/Barrett
Evora/Ladwig
McLaughlin/Brubaker
(Inoue/Baldwin? :o )
---------

Also from 2010 Nationals
Yankowskas/Coughlin
Moyle/Pottenger
Castelli/Shnapir
Aaron/Cohen
Tiffany Vise/Don Baldwin
Amanda Dobbs/Joseph Jacobsen

Missed Nationals but still around
Katz/Lynch

Juniors likely to move up
Britney Simpson/Nathan Miller
Erika Choi Smith/Nathan Bartholomay
Brynn Carman /AJ Reiss
Felicia Zhang/Taylor Toth

New teams
Becky Bereswill/Trevor Young
?/Meekins
?/Leftheris

Anyone I'm missing/forgot?

sammyf
05-09-2010, 11:00 PM
Top 5-Definite bye to Nationals
Denney/Barrett
Evora/Ladwig
McLaughlin/Brubaker
(Inoue/Baldwin? :o )
---------

Also from 2010 Nationals
Yankowskas/Coughlin
Moyle/Pottenger
Castelli/Shnapir
Aaron/Cohen
Tiffany Vise/Don Baldwin
Amanda Dobbs/Joseph Jacobsen

Missed Nationals but still around
Katz/Lynch

Juniors likely to move up
Britney Simpson/Nathan Miller
Erika Choi Smith/Nathan Bartholomay
Brynn Carman /AJ Reiss
Felicia Zhang/Taylor Toth

New teams
Becky Bereswill/Trevor Young
?/Meekins
?/Leftheris

Anyone I'm missing/forgot?

I would expect Brynn Carman /AJ Reiss to stay junior. They are young and haven't medaled at junior yet. There would be no reason for them to move up.

If they are still together I would expect Brittany Chase/Grant Marron and Gretchen Donlan/Andrew Speroff to move up to senior as they are not junior age eligible and did reasonably well last year.

Sylvia
05-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Here's a new Denney/Barrett article: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100528&content_id=10525238&vkey=ice_news

Currently registered for the Senior Pairs event at Liberty in July:
Molly Aaron/Daniyel Cohen S9
Marissa Castelli/Simon Shnapir S10 (FS only)
Felicia Zhang/Taylor Toth J1
Britney Simpson/Nathan Miller J2
Erika Choi Smith/Nathan Bartholomay J3
Brittany Chase/Grant Marron J6
Gretchen Donlan/Andrew Speroff J8

ETA: Even though it hasn't been "officially" announced, I've been reliably informed that Lindsay Davis is skating Senior Pairs with Themi Leftheris (coached by Peter Oppegard). Davis won the 2010 Junior Ladies bronze medal and is continuing in singles, AFAIK.

Here's a Zhang/Toth article from April: http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2009/042510.shtml

orbitz
05-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Here's a new Denney/Barrett article: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100528&content_id=10525238&vkey=ice_news

"Rhapsody in Blue" for the LP. ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz. I guess they want to go the lyrical route next season to show their maturity. Not sure about the music choice, but it's too early to tell. It's good that Judy Blumberg will work with them on their strokings. They need it.

babbyrabbit
05-28-2010, 05:58 PM
I love the song choice! I cant wait to hear what they have picked for their short.

babbyrabbit
05-28-2010, 05:59 PM
Any word if Chau or Tanovich have found or looking for new partners?

LilJen
05-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Rhapsody in Snoooooozzzeeee. . . . woulda been nice if D/B had picked something less overused, but oh well.

Where, oh where, is a partner for Drew Meekins???

Ziggy
05-29-2010, 01:48 AM
That is a terrible music choice for Denney/Barrett. :yawn:

Great to hear Themi has got a partner though. Thanks Sylvia! :)

Spiralgraph
05-29-2010, 06:20 PM
I think it's a positive step that they have another choreographer to work with them. That's what many of us wished for Denny/Barrett. Now I'm hoping for a top 5 or 6 placement at Worlds for them. If McBru get their act together and make the World team thisupcoming year, good for them. I want a real contest in Pairs at USA Nationals next season.

madm
05-29-2010, 09:05 PM
Another senior pair continuing on is Moore/Gaumond. Does Chris Knierim have a new partner, and will they compete junior or senior?

olympic
05-30-2010, 01:42 PM
"Rhapsody in Blue" for the LP. ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz. I guess they want to go the lyrical route next season to show their maturity. Not sure about the music choice, but it's too early to tell. It's good that Judy Blumberg will work with them on their strokings. They need it.

Glad to hear that they are specifically working with someone on a specific SS. It can only help...

shan
05-30-2010, 05:01 PM
I'm thrilled that D/B are working with an outside choreographer! Rhapsody in Blue doesn't thrill me, but I can get over it. I hope they have a great season! :cheer2:

stjeaskategym
06-01-2010, 02:59 AM
It's good that Judy Blumberg will work with them on their strokings. They need it.

I don't think this is new... They worked with her last season as well. I remember reading about it during Nationals.

Sylvia
06-07-2010, 12:01 AM
I'm listing the NEW Junior and Novice pair teams that I know about so far...

Cassie Andrews & Timothy LeDuc (he has relocated from Iowa to Indianapolis; they are JGP age-eligible under current ISU rules) - registered for the Junior SP at Liberty.

Kloe Bautista & Tyler Harris (she has relocated from southern California to Boston; they are not JGP age-eligible) - registered for Junior SP and FS at Liberty.

Haven Denney & Daniel O'Shea (he has relocated from Chicago to Florida; they are JGP age-eligible).

Kaitlin Budd & Grisha Fournier are a new Novice or Junior team (he has relocated from southern California to Troy, Michigan; they are JGP age-eligible), according to Fournier's site: http://grishafournier.com/

A new Novice team (JGP age-eligible) is Madeline Aaron/Max Settlage (both have relocated from Arizona to Colorado Springs) - they're registered for Liberty. This new pairing is also confirmed on Settlage's site: http://maxsettlage.com/

Trivia gleaned from their sites: Fournier was adopted from Russia at the age of 8 and Settlage was adopted from Vietnam when he was 1. :cool:

~tapdancer~
06-09-2010, 02:49 AM
Wonder what's going on with McBru these days? I really hope they have gotten their heads together and come back strong this coming season. My heart really broke for them last season, I thought they had a great free skate, fit them so well, and it's a shame they weren't able to really rock it like they should have. I wouldn't mind them keeping that long program, it really deserves to be skated well like I know they are capable of. Wishing them good luck for this year!