PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelorette--Season 6

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

shan
06-09-2010, 01:48 AM
This show appears more and more staged with each passing Bachelor/ette... Ali is beyond annoying, she seems fake like she's on a perpetual audition.

They really have dug deep to find some weirdos. Kasey, the weatherman, smarmy Craig all strike a weirdo vibe with me, as did Frank this week with his desperation. I like Justin less and less each week. Kirk is meh. Let's see does that leave anyone "normal" for Ali?

professordeb
06-09-2010, 02:22 AM
This show appears more and more staged with each passing Bachelor/ette... Ali is beyond annoying, she seems fake like she's on a perpetual audition.

They really have dug deep to find some weirdos. Kasey, the weatherman, smarmy Craig all strike a weirdo vibe with me, as did Frank this week with his desperation. I like Justin less and less each week. Kirk is meh. Let's see does that leave anyone "normal" for Ali?

Why should Ali get normal ... after all, I'm not sure she's all that normal - quitting her job to be on this show is something that a normal person would do?

I can't always spot the gay guy but the weatherman sure seems like he is ... nervous about kissing Ali??? WTH and sweating about it too? I would agree, he seems to have more concerns about the other guys.

Chris the lawyer - had to laugh when he tried to call out Justin - telling Justin that his being a lawyer means he can read people and he doesn't believe what Justin is saying.

Justin - I think part of what may be happening is that Justin isn't verbalizing what he means/feels in a manner that the "manly" guys can get. However, Ali seems to understand it and she get his actions. Chris told the guys to take every opportunity they had to spend time with her - so Justin took him at his word and proved to Ali how much he wanted to see her. If I were Ali, I'd be massively impressed by this action. Frequently actions speak louder than words and I wonder if the guys are just jealous because his actions show that he wants to be there. Considering that the rest of the house run around and join Ali as they please (many of them joining Ali in the water while Justin looked on) I thought that Justin did what he could considering his leg. Kudos for taking what Chris said to heart and walking the walk to go with his talk. If he's last year's Wes ... he has me really fooled.

shan
06-09-2010, 04:11 AM
I think what bugged me about Justin this week was how he kept on and on about the competition and one guy down so many to go. I guess he's just very sports oriented....

*Jen*
06-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Having read the spoilers, I find the observations of those who haven't quite interesting :watch:

Jenny
06-09-2010, 01:23 PM
Having read the spoilers, I find the observations of those who haven't quite interesting :watch:

Indeed! Now, kindly pass the :watch:

PeterG
06-09-2010, 04:38 PM

Indeed! Now, kindly pass the :watch:

EXACTLY! Cough it up, *Jen*!!! (Do you need help with spoiler tags???)

Rob
06-09-2010, 04:43 PM
My take:

- Justin grows on me each week. I thought he was an idiot on the first episode, but I actually think he is quite genuine with his intentions.

Yeah, or if he is acting his scenes about family and kids and getting all teary eyed, he actually is one of the better actors who has been on this show. His "lines" are not as cheesy, fake, awkward, and overdone as some of the past crapola - like remember french-guy Fabrice or Fabian or whatever (Jen Schefft's season) doing the melodramatic speech about how he was leaving voluntarily because he didn't love her or whatever - that was embarrassing. Justin's schtick was pretty believable as far as reality love cheese goes.

The dates are just as formulaic as the Cinderella dress up and hot tub dates ever were. The last 2 winners have been on the danger date (rappelling, bungee jumping) so that puts Roberto on the front runner list. The music video was just like Jillian's Wild West Movie and wrap party date. And similar to Jake's comedy club performance date.

Jenny
06-09-2010, 05:02 PM
I do wonder that more guys don't bow out when they get to know the bachelorette (or when the girls get to know the bachelor). They can't all like her after all.

I guess it must be in their contracts, or they must be motivated to stay as long as possible and carry on with the charade.

Rob
06-09-2010, 05:06 PM
I do wonder that more guys don't bow out when they get to know the bachelorette (or when the girls get to know the bachelor). They can't all like her after all.

I guess it must be in their contracts, or they must be motivated to stay as long as possible and carry on with the charade.

Or their agents would drop them for missing out on a minute of camera time.

Catherine M
06-09-2010, 05:10 PM

Seems like the contract is iron clad so you really can't leave. So you get alot of guys (and girls) just hanging around, sitting at the mansion drinking all the free booze. Then when they leave, they cry fake tears about how the bachelor/ette made a big mistake. Its always very amusing to me when they cry after getting 2 minutes of air time!

On leaving:

RS said that Frank wanted to leave very early on; I'm guessing after this past group date when he realized (1) Ali likes others too and (2) maybe Nicole back at home is still the one.

So of course Fleiss smells a great story line when he gets word that Frank wants out, forces Frank to keep his contract and we'll have one of the best episodes ever when Ali gets dumped on National TV in Tahiti. I know, bad Catherine and I really shouldn't be looking forward to that episode so much but I can't help it. Its going to be great!

Rafter
06-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Still loving Chris L and Roberto. They are by far the best two guys in the house IMO. Kirk is also growing on me. I liked his comment about Justin not needing to gloat etc after Hunter was sent home.

She definitely has good chemistry with Roberto. Wouldn't be surprised if he is the F1.

Agree with those posters who say Frank is creepy! His smile reminds me of Jason Mesnick (ie. fake) and he's got that Reid look going on with the glasses, but he strikes me as very needy.

Definitely getting the gay vibe from The Weatherman.

Justin is a major TOOL and not to be trusted.

Rafter
06-09-2010, 05:18 PM
Still loving Chris L and Roberto. They are by far the best two guys in the house IMO. Kirk is also growing on me. I liked his comment about Justin not needing to gloat etc after Hunter was sent home.

She definitely has good chemistry with Roberto. Wouldn't be surprised if he is the F1.

Agree with those posters who say Frank is creepy! His smile reminds me of Jason Mesnick (ie. fake) and he's got that Reid look going on with the glasses, but he strikes me as very needy.

Definitely getting the gay vibe from The Weatherman.

Justin is a major TOOL and not to be trusted.

Jenny
06-09-2010, 05:20 PM
I do wonder how much the bachelorette is in on it. It makes sense that some guys just don't feel it, but are encouraged to keep going by the producers/their contract.

But does the bachelorette know this, and go along with it while she focuses on the 3-4 guys she's likely picked near the beginning? Or do they string her along into thinking they are all madly in love with her?

(Let's not even go there that these allegedly vulnerable, self-esteem issued women actually believe that a dozen or more random strangers are falling for her, because of course that happens all the time in RL ...)

Given what we know of Justin, my guess is that either he's been acting the whole time, or is one of those people who keeps looking even when he has someone for the opportunity to "trade up," or prove they can still attract other people (evidenced by the fact that he has two girlfriends at home, not just one). My guess is the producers did not know, and he's been playing it solo, so to speak.

With Frank, it sounds like the producers were working with him hand in hand to play this out - I understand they even filmed his reunion with his ex, which he had to have cooperated on - but that Ali is being strung along by the producers for greater effect. Maybe the producers are fine with this set up because they know she's really most interested in Roberto and Chris anyway, so no matter. I don't see her being that into Frank, but maybe that's coming.

The fun part of this, knowing who makes final 4 then final 2, is watching to see if we can tell who knows he's doomed anyway and is going along with it, and which ones Ali might also know aren't interested but is going along with it (for obvious reasons).

Jenny
06-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Still loving Chris L and Roberto. They are by far the best two guys in the house IMO.

Knowing you as I do, I have a hard time imagining that you would have married your husband if he had his mother's signature tattooed in giant script across his body. :lol:

Much as I love my husband, that would have been a dealbreaker for me!

Jayar
06-09-2010, 06:13 PM
Are these things really spoilers if they are in People magazine? Ali reveals pretty much all of the fun stuff from the season in the Gary Coleman issue. And who here also thinks that the Weatherman is Ali's gay friend from home?