PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelorette--Season 6

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Catherine M
06-01-2010, 03:15 AM
On behalf of both of my hometowns, I apologize for his existence.

I have to admit, I laughed a few times at some of the stuff that came out of his mouth. And surprised he wasn't kept around for a few more weeks. At least Philly Craig is happy to be the only Craig now!

Next week looks good with the other Toronto guy front and center in the drama!!

shan
06-01-2010, 04:08 AM
At least Philly Craig is happy to be the only Craig now!

I don't like him either.... Maybe soon we'll be Craig-less...

PeterG
06-01-2010, 04:20 AM
There are three skandals this season (aside from the hairstyling of Ali and most of the men) - let me know if anyone wants a summary posted with spoiler tags.

OF COURSE WE DO!!!

Spill the beans, girl! :D

Jenny
06-01-2010, 02:18 PM
OK I will categorize based on the broad hints given in the first ep's "coming up this season" montage:

#1 - yet another girlfriend gate - It's Justin the wrestler, and apparently it's more complicated than they will show on tv. He had two girlfriends back home, but ABC decided that was too complicated so they only used one in the storyline, failing to contractualize the other one, so of course she spilled all to Reality Steve. Even more fun - the chick who ratted out Roz last season jumps into the fray as a kind of go-between!

#2 - Ali kicks a guy to the curb - It's Frank, who makes it quite far. According to Reality Steve, during the hometown date he reconnects with an ex and decides they should be together. Here's the twist - Steve says ABC filmed the big reunion, but then sent Frank off to Tahiti where he tells Ali he wants out, and *then* they show the reunion.

#3 - One of the guys is seen with bandaged wrists - It's Kasey, and it's to hide a tattoo he gets in NY to profess his dedication to Ali!

Finale details:

Hometown dates (4): Frank, Roberto, Chris from Cape Cod, Kirk

Tahiti overnight dates (3): Frank (see above), Roberto, Chris

Final 2: Roberto and Chris

Sassafras
06-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Thank you Jenny!

Catherine M
06-01-2010, 03:00 PM
My thoughts on the #2

I actually think that Frank does the dumping, not Ali. Ali looks like she is really messed up in the previews when she is sobbing on the beach in Tahiti. Granted it could be just her ego doing the crying but after last night, I'm not so sure.

Whatever, she put herself on this show to be Hollywood famous so I really don't have any sympathy for her but you have to wonder if Cape Cod Chris is her default guy. (I'm basing this on my gut feeling that Chris is final 1). I guess we'll see in at the end of July.

Catherine M
06-01-2010, 03:08 PM
One more thing:

How stupid were the producers on choosing dates this episode. They left three of the best looking guys--Robert O, Jesse and Cape Cod Chris sitting on the sofa while the calendar was being photographed.

Jenny
06-01-2010, 03:09 PM
It must be one of the criteria of the show that you can cry on cue. Other random thoughts -

I like Ali less and less. Somehow when Jillian said she was looking for love etc etc I believed her, but Ali seems so scripted with all the cliche phrases that just don't match up to what we saw last season, and what we know of her. Last season she played the sweet innocent, then the bitch obsessing about a rival, then the career girl making the big sacrifice and letting Jake go. I guess actually it was truth - although she wasn't giving up her career at Google; she was launching her new career as a reality star. Bet she's already angling to do DWTS.

I miss Jay's hair. I went to high school with guys who spent hours with their blow dryers and curling brushes (no product allowed in those days) who made the same mistakes on their way to Shaun Cassidy perfection - the flip in front, and the straight comb in back.

Jillian and Jake must be annoyed right now - Jillian had to endure five eps on a train, and when Jake went to Big Sur, home of some of the most romantic top end hotels in America, they stuck him in a campground. And Ali gets to go to New York, Portugal and Tahiti!

professordeb
06-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Cruella!!!! You lived in Sarnia!!! Mind sharing any details?

The weatherman - really wanted to see that little tool leave. And Ali thanking him for being a tattletale - I had a rather low opinion of her to begin with and this just slides her down even further on the opinion pole. Perhaps she's just as much a tool as the weather guy and deserves him. If that's the case, I'm hoping that whoever she "chooses" to keep around decides "he's just not that into her". OK, I'm being a tad mean but I'm not buying this "I quit my job and I'm serious about this and I want to find love and get married" business. NOPE, not buying it. Too bad for some of the guys who seem to be falling for her.

*Jen*
06-01-2010, 04:32 PM
I don't get all the Ali hate. I think she's shallow, but I've thought that of every man and woman on that show since the beginning.

I didn't like Vienna either and thought that Ali just vocalised what most people were thinking anyway. It was bitchy, but it made good TV :watch:

sk9tingfan
06-01-2010, 04:38 PM
The weatherman - really wanted to see that little tool leave. And Ali thanking him for being a tattletale -

I thought that she might get rid of both of them. Craig made my stomach turn. The weatherman was marginally obnoxious.

bobalina77
06-01-2010, 04:51 PM
I don't get all the Ali hate. I think she's shallow, but I've thought that of every man and woman on that show since the beginning.

I didn't like Vienna either and thought that Ali just vocalised what most people were thinking anyway. It was bitchy, but it made good TV :watch:

I actually felt the same way about Ali.

I also think her whole experience with Vienna is why she actually listened to Jonathon (Weatherman) about Craig. That and the fact that when she confronted Craig about it and asked him point blank why he was there he looked like a deer caught in the headlights. At least Vienna was able to convince Jake that she was there for him.

Weatherman is starting to annoy me but Craig had to go. Now if we could just get rid of other Craig cause he's a big tool too.

I actually like Justin and was glad he got that one on one time with her. He had a rough time on the group date.. crutches and sand don't mix!

Oh.. looks like she slaps someone at some point.. drama drama!

Catherine M
06-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Chris Harrison's blog on episode 2:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/06/01/chris-harrison-the-bachelorette-ali-episode-2/

Interesting that it was Jesse that almost kicked everyone's favorite guy from Sarnia's ass. Would have loved to have seen that!

Rob
06-01-2010, 05:43 PM
I am finding Ali so annoying that for the first time in the history of this annoying franchise, I don't know if I will make it through the whole thing.

Jesse can be TV boyfriend of the season even with the tattoos. Roberto and Chris from Cape Cod are the only other possibilities I think. Frank is dweeb city. I can't get past Ty's Dumbo ears.

I detest the Weatherman. Didn't like Craig M either, but his departure was :rofl:

I wish she'd kept the other cute Chris and ditched Craig R or Hunter.

luna_skater
06-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Chris Harrison's blog on episode 2:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/06/01/chris-harrison-the-bachelorette-ali-episode-2/

Interesting that it was Jesse that almost kicked everyone's favorite guy from Sarnia's ass. Would have loved to have seen that!

This cracked me up:

"Don’t give Ty too hard of a time for being that guy playing his guitar on the beach for his girlfriend. He’s a good person who means well, but I am banning all guitars from now on. So if you’re keeping track this season — we’ve got bans on guitars, and having multiple contestants named Chris."

:lol: