PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelorette--Season 6

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

fsfann
05-27-2010, 11:55 PM
...me too.. Very strange voice.

Justin kind of grew on me throughout the show...at first I thought he was cocky, but he seems like an easy-going, genuine kind of guy. Sucks to be targeted the way he was at the very beginning.

Catherine M
05-31-2010, 04:27 PM
TV Guide synopsis of tonight's episode:

The 17 opening episode survivors move into the Bachelorette mansion. Two get one-on-one dates (an outing to the Hollywood sign and a trip to Las Vegas for a private Jamie Cullum performance) while Ali accompanies 12 others to a charity photo shoot. Ali also gives and receive her first kisses of the contest; two guys almost come to blows; and three are sent home a the rose ceremony.

Spoiler on the 3 that don't get dates:

Roberto and Cape Cod Chris are two of the three so it will be a boring episode for me!

Rafter
05-31-2010, 04:49 PM
Can't wait for tonight's show!!!

I am loving the Cape Cod guy. By far my favourite, followed by Roberto.

The two Toronto guys are complete DUDS. Ugh. Justin is not to be trusted at all. He strikes me as a total player and smooth-talker.

professordeb
05-31-2010, 05:01 PM
One of the supposed two from Toronto is actually from my home town of Sarnia. He's the one with all the hair that reminds me of Patrick Dempsey (I think that's his name - plays Dr. McDreamy?? on Grey's Anatomy). He comes across as a horse's ass after launching a bit of an attack against Justin ?? - the Wrestling entertainer.

Catherine M
05-31-2010, 05:08 PM
I actually didn't mind Justin all that much but I guess its cause they showed his grandma in his intro that made him seem more real than just a wrestler wanna be.

The other guy from Sarnia/Toronto is a total tool. Another great casting choice made by Fleiss as he is totally there just to create DRAMA!!

Oh well, at least they didn't really make an ass of themselves on national TV like that Shooter guy.

shan
05-31-2010, 05:52 PM
I actually didn't mind Justin all that much but I guess its cause they showed his grandma in his intro that made him seem more real than just a wrestler wanna be.

The other guy from Sarnia/Toronto is a total tool. Another great casting choice made by Fleiss as he is totally there just to create DRAMA!!

Oh well, at least they didn't really make an ass of themselves on national TV like that Shooter guy.

:eek: at Shooter using his nickname let alone explaining it.

The other guy I didn't care for was Hunter I think that's his name. The one played the guitar and sang. The song was clever but there's something weird about him....

That said, its Monday, bring on the trainwreck!!!! :lol:

Cruella
05-31-2010, 06:24 PM
One of the supposed two from Toronto is actually from my home town of Sarnia.

I'm also from Sarnia and now Toronto -- and am happy to say I've never encountered Craig in either city. What a #$%@ tool.

Jenny
05-31-2010, 06:25 PM
This thread on FORT's Spoiler board is a good summary of what they know so far:

http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/bachelorette-spoilers/86242-quick-recap-4-22-2010-a.html

Post #86 has a tenative boot order but they don't know the names of a couple of the guys who make it to the end.

Of course Reality Steve knows everything and is planning on spilling what he knows about Ali's season in a bit. When he posts, I'll let everyone who wants to be spoiled, know. And as usual, feel free to PM if you don't want to bother wading through RS and/or FORT.

According to RS, Justin is this year's Vienna/Wes and will be hated by EVERYONE. Can't wait for that!

I just went through Reality Steve's summary of the season (conveniently linked at the top of his page for those interested). I figure since the guys aren't particularly appealing and Ali is such a dud, I might as well watch this from a technical perspective - observing how the producers set up their storylines, etc.

There are three skandals this season (aside from the hairstyling of Ali and most of the men) - let me know if anyone wants a summary posted with spoiler tags.

Catherine M
05-31-2010, 09:47 PM
So who's up for "True Beauty" coming on after "The Bachelorette" tonight on ABC?????

I probably will watch, just for the snark value of some of the judges.

Here's EW's blurb on tonight's first show:

A sundry collection of cocktail waitresses and chest-waxed bohunks compete to be the Face of Vegas — or do they? While they participate in various challenges to earn their Sin City prize, hosts Vanessa Minnillo, Carson Kressley, and Beth Ostrosky Stern secretly judge them on their inner pulchritude: non-body-glittered attributes like ethics, honesty, kindness. It's all pretty silly, but the reveal moments — in which each eliminated contestant is confronted with secret video footage of their beastliest behavior — are kind of genius.

shan
05-31-2010, 10:32 PM
"bohunks"??

*Jen*
05-31-2010, 10:56 PM
There are three skandals this season (aside from the hairstyling of Ali and most of the men) - let me know if anyone wants a summary posted with spoiler tags.

Yes please! Or a PM, if the other's don't want it :)

My roommate and I watch and make fun. Just like we did with the Bachelor. It's great! :D

shan
06-01-2010, 01:30 AM
I can't believe how intense the rivalries are on week 2... These guys are way over the top. Frank was better than I expected...

Catherine M
06-01-2010, 02:19 AM
Craig from Sarnia/Toronto is such a tool but the weatherman annoys the hell out of me so this episode is doing nothing for me.

Not helping that Cape Cod Chris and Roberto never have left the sofa and a couple other favs--Steve from Ohio and Craig from Philly--were never really shown on the group date.

shan
06-01-2010, 02:50 AM
:rofl: at the bizarreness of this episode. Craig is an idiot but so is the weatherman. My favorite line of the night so far: "If Craig M. gets a rose, there is no God."

Oh and what is wrong with Kasey's voice, will we ever know?

Cruella
06-01-2010, 03:00 AM
Craig from Sarnia/Toronto is such a tool...

On behalf of both of my hometowns, I apologize for his existence.