PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelorette--Season 6

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30

Catherine M
07-27-2010, 08:09 PM
Bachelor Pad guys:

Weatherman, Just NO
Dangerous Craig, um NO again
Jesse Beck, too young
Jesse Kovacs, with Elizabethe the tease
Kip, already turned Fleiss down
Dave, might be in a post Bachelor pad "relationship"
Juan, doesn't really have the personality to carry the show
Wes, too hated still unless his edit on the Bachelor Pad is a 180 change from Jillian's season

So with those slim pickings, I can see how Craig is moving up the list of potential Bachelors.

Just will depend on what the Chosen One wants to do with his life if Fleiss will need to go down the list like last season when Reid then Kip turned him down and we got stuck with Jake.

luna_skater
07-27-2010, 08:33 PM
I wonder if they'll ever go back to having a Bachelor or Bachelorette who is *not* a former contestant. It wouldn't kill them to start fresh; while there's less risk with using a known personality (you know how they'll perform in front of the camera, how audiences react to them, etc.), there are a heckuva lot of other interesting people out in the world who I'm sure would provide great entertainment.

Catherine M
07-27-2010, 08:55 PM
I wonder if they'll ever go back to having a Bachelor or Bachelorette who is *not* a former contestant. It wouldn't kill them to start fresh; while there's less risk with using a known personality (you know how they'll perform in front of the camera, how audiences react to them, etc.), there are a heckuva lot of other interesting people out in the world who I'm sure would provide great entertainment.

I'd love some new blood but Not as long as Fleiss is in charge will this happen; he has said over and over that he now likes having a connection with the previous season. And it seems to have been working with the viewer numbers, as they are quite strong.

So as long as he is making money for himself and ABC, look for the present Brad-linage to continue!!

Brad-DeAnna-Jason-Jillian-Jake-Ali-?????

Oh, the finale description is up and its a good one. Its making the gang on FORT go nuts this afternoon. From the description, it could be that

Cape Cod Chris leaves on the last chance date. I guess we'll see on Monday night if the "shocking" conclusion is something we've never seen before.

Catherine M
07-28-2010, 05:21 PM
So Reality Steve has a new blog up and he still is waiting on any information coming from the "After the Final Rose" taping. He sounds pretty confident that he'll get something before Monday. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Like I said in my previous post, ABC is doing some serious leaking about the finale. I totally think the big shock is Chris leaving on the last chance date. Whether he dumps her or she dumps him, is up in the air.

And Fleiss must be loving this week as both US and People are coming out on Friday with Ali on their covers! That's huge.

Bostonfan
07-28-2010, 09:16 PM
I wonder if they'll ever go back to having a Bachelor or Bachelorette who is *not* a former contestant.

There's an article in the new TV Guide magazine that addresses this. The answer is no. The conventional wisdom is that their ratings are better if they bring back a former contestant because their's a built-in audience that has already invested themselves in that person. Matt (the English bachelor that picked Lamas) was IIRC the last non-former Bachelor contestant to be the Bachelor. His season had terrible ratings. So I don't predict that we'll see any fresh faces anytime soon unless there's some hook - like a C-list celebrity looking for love.

The article went on to add that ever since they experienced huge ratings from Jason Mesnik's dumping of Melissa, they actively seek out to film and expose scandals (such as what we got with Frank, Wes the famewhore with Jillian, that girl that slept with a producer)

Catherine M
07-30-2010, 08:18 PM
Word is that "After the Final Rose" did tape but on a closed set.

Hmmm, either the set was closed to stop all leaks or something controversial happens and Fleiss didn't want to subject Ali to a live audience.

Guess we'll have to wait and see Monday night. I have plans with some friends so I won't be home so I'll have to remember to set the DVR!

Jenny
07-30-2010, 08:22 PM
I was wondering why it was taking so long to get the word - I actually think it's a smart move to hang on to one thing when everything else is spoiled. Closed set makes a lot of sense.

Catherine M
08-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Well tonight is the end of Ali's quest for true love forever. Thank goodness as I've had enough of her annoying laugh & bad hair extensions and am ready to move on to "The Bachelor Pad".

I've got the DVR set so I'll catch the show either late tonight or tomorrow.

dbell1
08-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Well tonight is the end of Ali's quest for true love forever. Thank goodness as I've had enough of her annoying laugh & bad hair extensions and am ready to move on to "The Bachelor Pad".

I've got the DVR set so I'll catch the show either late tonight or tomorrow.

So - you don't like hyenas? :lol:

That laugh is really getting on my nerves. Eh, at least when she's simpering and giggling, she's not all mopey and crying?

Bring on the finale... :watch:

Rob
08-02-2010, 06:28 PM
So, will they announce the new Bachelor on ATFR or do we have to wait for DWTS in the fall?

Catherine M
08-02-2010, 06:54 PM
So, will they announce the new Bachelor on ATFR or do we have to wait for DWTS in the fall?

Haven't heard.

Read some of the million posts over on FORT this past weekend and there was some interesting chatter that Cape Cod Chris has been going around and telling people he hates the "fame" that has come with being on the show so most don't expect him to do the show. Might be why all of a sudden after pushing the chosen one all season in his blog, that Chris Harrison has suddenly jumped on the Roberto would make a great bachelor bandwagon.

My guess its like post Jillian's season, that Fleiss will have to work on getting someone to do the show so we probably won't know tonight. We didn't find out officially about Jake till September but I'm sure Reality Steve will know who it is before then.

Jenny
08-02-2010, 06:56 PM
I'm guessing that they want everyone's attention focused on Bachelor Pad right now - they're taking a risk with a spinoff, and they need to make sure it gets viewers. They'll probably "reveal" the new Bachelor toward the end of BP.

PeterG
08-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Is there any truth to the rumours that Ali picks both Roberto AND Chris? And that the wedding night video will be available for download in October?

:lol:

shan
08-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Is there any truth to the rumours that Ali picks both Roberto AND Chris? And that the wedding night video will be available for download in October?

:lol:

:rofl: I don't know, but I was in the grocery store yesterday and saw a magazine cover that said Ali was engaged.

Am I the only one who finds Roberto good to look at but kind of meh in personality? I guess it could be the editing, but I know that he played baseball and his dad thinks he's great. I don't feel that we've gotten to know him much this season.

sk9tingfan
08-02-2010, 08:26 PM
http://realitysteve.com/2010/08/02/what-happens-in-the-finale-and-what-happened-to-the-e-special-8210/all/1/