PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelorette--Season 6

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30

*Jen*
07-21-2010, 10:25 PM
My brother wore a suit to our sister's wedding. My father wore one to his own wedding and our graduations. Um. I think that could be it?

Some people have a natural aversion towards suits. Is it really that imperative to have one for the rose ceremony?

mikemba
07-22-2010, 05:25 AM
My brother wore a suit to our sister's wedding. My father wore one to his own wedding and our graduations. Um. I think that could be it?

Some people have a natural aversion towards suits. Is it really that imperative to have one for the rose ceremony?

I wouldn't say it's imperative but I do wonder why he doesn't wear them when it is very clear that it's part of the unwritten "dress code" for the show. In fact, in the prior 5 bachelorette seasons I can't recall any man showing up at the regular "cocktail party" rose cermonies without a suit, and it was somewhat rare for a man to wear just a suit but no tie.

It's not like Chris was somewhat close to a suit in formality -- for example, a nice dress shirt (neatly tucked in) with a tie, dress slacks and dress shoes -- or perhaps a suit and no tie. Heck, he didn't even wear a tucked in polo short with khakis and semi-dressy shoes. He wore jeans and sneakers several times, and also his shirt was often hanging outside of his pants. He wasn't just a little underdressed compared to Ali and most of the men, he was underdressed by a mile.

So I do have to wonder why he made no effort to come even close to "dressing up" for most of the rose ceremonies.

Bostonfan
07-22-2010, 01:15 PM
So I do have to wonder why he made no effort to come even close to "dressing up" for most of the rose ceremonies.

I'm sure he knows in life when it's expected to wear a suit (i.e. formal event, wedding, etc). The Rose Ceremony is a cocktail party, but it's also not a normal event in one's life. It's reality television. The casual look is his thing. If that bothers a girl, at least she knows it up front. Isn't the point to be true to yourself? That's what he's doing. That's actually a point in his favor from my POV. I'd go through life barefoot and in a pair of cutoffs and a T-shirt at all times if I could.

Catherine M
07-22-2010, 04:47 PM
If anyone still cares about this season's outcome, the "After the Final Rose" is being taped on Saturday. So we will know for sure Saturday night what happens and whose spoiler is right: Reality Steve or Us Magazine!

professordeb
07-22-2010, 10:45 PM
If anyone still cares about this season's outcome, the "After the Final Rose" is being taped on Saturday. So we will know for sure Saturday night what happens and whose spoiler is right: Reality Steve or Us Magazine!

I've read Reality Steve but don't recall what Us Magazine said. Would you mind telling me, please? PM, spoiler, whatever you find easiest.

Catherine M
07-22-2010, 11:14 PM
Us Magazine spoiler:

That Ali and Roberto are engaged and secretly planning their 2011 wedding.

Personally I believe Reality Steve that Ali is single and picked no one.

Guess we'll know for sure on Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Jenny
07-22-2010, 11:31 PM

Even if I didn't know the spoilers, based on source my money would be with Reality Steve.

I actually enjoy US, and find it the best of all the rags, but it's not like they are known for major scoops. And, they did a rather misleading story about Ali and Roberto not long ago - suggesting on the cover that they knew each other before the show, and then inside it was just a random note that he had gone to school in a town near where she lived at some point or something like that. Very thin, and without any apparent :sekret:

Latte
07-23-2010, 11:40 PM
I don't like Roberto very much, I don't know why.
I hope she picks Chris.
I also think she was in love with Frank, so it does't matter who she picks, she won't stay with them.

Catherine M
07-25-2010, 02:23 AM
So there is some confusion on when "After the Final Rose" is actually taping but it will be this weekend. Stay tuned.

People magazine has some gossip up from the "Men Tell All" taping. Kirk hooked up with Jessie from Toronto after the taping (she was there to give her side of the Justin has two girlfriends) and is spending this weekend in Canada.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/07/23/bachelorette-kirk-dewindt-jessie-sulidis-ali-fedotowsky/

FigSk8Fan
07-25-2010, 08:25 PM
Catherine, I have tried all morning & can't get into FORT, maybe overload from people (like me LOL) trying to find ATFR spoilers? Have you heard anything confirmed about when the taping is, or what happened?

Catherine M
07-25-2010, 10:30 PM
Nothing from Reality Steve and he's the only one I really "trust" in all of this. Well maybe one or two of the well known FORTers but no one has come forward with anything yet today.

If it did tape last night, the leaks have been plugged and we'll just have to wait and see what happens with RS coming up with anything.

Catherine M
07-27-2010, 01:40 AM
Frank dumping Ali on national TV will never get old. I know, bad Catherine.

And Chris N as "the Phantom" is too cute!

Jenny
07-27-2010, 01:38 PM
I missed the first half hour, but Craig R must be a happy camper this morning after getting his own show last night!

Catherine M
07-27-2010, 02:35 PM
Craig really must be high on the list for the next Bachelor as he was the star of the show, even more so than "heartbroken" Kirk. I put heartbroken in quotes since we all know that Kirk was so heart sick that he hooked up with Jessie later that night.

Sorry Kirk, your Bachelor audition wasn't as strong as Craig's! I don't think Fleiss has ever had a lawyer as the Bachelor so I can see Craig getting the nod over Kirk, if the guy Chris Harrison has been pushing all season declines.

Jenny
07-27-2010, 02:52 PM
I never minded Craig R, but let's be frank, he doesn't have the looks to be the Bachelor, or have any romantic/fantasy backstory other than having a good job. He also likes to drink a bit much I think :)

Kirk would have made sense, but you are right, he's blown his audition. Where was Jessie the tattooed guy?

If it's not Chris, I'm thinking Roberto. Apparently he has moved to LA recently. He doesn't have much of a backstory, but he's good looking and has the latin thing going on.

My Monday night commitment has ended until September, so I plan to be in front of my TV for next week's ultimate audition, I mean finale, and then for the Bachelor Pad, yay!