PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelorette--Season 6

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Jenny
07-15-2010, 03:41 PM
I
And Jenny, I'm going to Cape Cod next month. I'll be sure to stop by the Lamptons and tell them "hello". j/k

I love how Catherine refers to the Lamptons like they are her neighbours on the cul de sac. Do let us know how your stalking expedition, er I mean vacation goes!

PeterG
07-15-2010, 04:31 PM
:confused:

Are single men allowed to apply to be on this show? Or will they only be accepted if they check the box, "YES, I AM DATING SOMEONE RIGHT NOW"?

Rob
07-15-2010, 04:47 PM
:confused:

Are single men allowed to apply to be on this show? Or will they only be accepted if they check the box, "YES, I AM DATING SOMEONE RIGHT NOW"?

I was wondering the same thing. Ali was set up, and she did exactly what they wanted her to do. They only take single guys if they are psycho shield and protect your heart dweebs.

Jenna
07-15-2010, 05:09 PM
Am I the only one that has figured out this whole show is scripted from the very beginning?

Cruella
07-15-2010, 05:12 PM
I only caught Chris's family - WAY to picture perfect, no? It's like some creepy New England gothic story ... the lovely family and lovely home, even the dog, and then it turns all Stephen King on you, completely with scary ruined tower out back. In the end you find out that the family is actually 300 years old, the mother was a witch (they even have bracelets for members of the coven), and they have been searching for a new victim to keep themselves immortal. Why else would they like Ali?

OK, usually I'm a bit :lynch: about your hate-on for Chris, but that's funny. You might be on to something!

Jenny
07-15-2010, 05:19 PM
I actually do think Chris is a good man, could be a lot of fun, and he's good looking except for the dead mother tattoo. What would need to happen for me (assuming for a moment that I was single ;)) is for us to live very far away from his family. Sure, Thanksgiving and Christmas would probably be nice there, and you'd have to put up with him on the phone to his family all the time, but I do think that away from all the memories you could build a good life with him.

I just think that the prospect of a sainted dead MIL could be 1000x worse than a live one. How can you deal with someone you never even knew, and who is clearly at the centre of not only your man's life, but his entire family's? I keep thinking of Rebecca (du Maurier book, excellent old movie).

And that tattoo has got to go - it would be like having your MIL in bed with you every time you wanted to have sex with him. And you'd have to hope that you or a professional could help him through whatever possessed him (!) to get it done in the first place.

Rob
07-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Am I the only one that has figured out this whole show is scripted from the very beginning?

The screenwriter who wrote Ali's lines should be fired for writing nothing but "Ali giggles....." "Ali giggles...." "Ali giggles......"

bobalina77
07-15-2010, 10:46 PM
And Ali was a mess!! Her hair was not only not done, it wasn't even brushed, and I suspect not even washed. She was wearing something only slightly above sweats.

Now to be fair to Ali it seems to me that they had just spent the afternoon at the beach out in the rain. Chris said something about her not even minding the rain.

Jenny
07-15-2010, 10:54 PM
Now to be fair to Ali it seems to me that they had just spent the afternoon at the beach out in the rain. Chris said something about her not even minding the rain.

Whatever! You're meeting a person's family; the least you could do is stop to freshen up, and have a decent outfit ready. It's not like she doesn't have a wardrobe and makeup van following her around lol.

bobalina77
07-15-2010, 11:16 PM
True enough.. but I'm guessing she probably didn't have much choice in the matter. I can't imagine that she wouldn't have thought of that, but she's kind of at the mercy of a filming crew.

luna_skater
07-16-2010, 12:21 AM
Ali has looked awful for this entire season. Her hair is a disaster, and she rarely wears a flattering outfit. It makes me wonder if they lost the budget for stylists completely.

bobalina77
07-16-2010, 03:02 AM
The dress she wore to the rose ceremony was okay.. would have been better if it was shorter though. I also quite liked the yellow jacket she wore on one of the dates (can't remember who..).. but you're right.. most of the clothes she's worn have been atrocious.

shan
07-16-2010, 05:41 AM
I was dying for one of the family members to say, "You know, Ali seems immature and and unkempt. We don't approve at all."

So :rofl: but so true!!!!

This season seems scripted way more than any other. The setup for getting dumped in next week's episode is :rolleyes: obvious. Has any other b'lor/ette said things like "I think we will end up together" about 1 particular contestant? I've noticed that she has danced in most episodes. Perhaps she's hoping to parlay public sympathy into a DWTS gig ala Melissa R?

Frank looked unbelievably uncomfortable and I have to echo others wondering what he was wearing?

At first I thought that Chris's family was so sweet, but by the end I was a bit creeped out for all of the reasons already mentioned in this thread. I will say though that Ali seemed very comfortable with them.

I can't wait for this season to end. Bring on the Bachelor Pad!!!

luna_skater
07-16-2010, 06:15 PM
The dress she wore to the rose ceremony was okay.. would have been better if it was shorter though. I also quite liked the yellow jacket she wore on one of the dates (can't remember who..).. but you're right.. most of the clothes she's worn have been atrocious.

I thought that dressed looked TERRIBLE on her (the purple one with the flowers, right?). She looked like she was on her way to high school prom, and it did nothing to elongate her. And matching her lipstick to her dress? :yikes:

I haven't watched every season religiously, but it seems to me the other women have typically looked far more sophisticated and put together.

PeterG
07-19-2010, 09:24 PM
I don't know if I can watch tonight's episode. It will be ever so sad to see Ali's heart get broken. But I wonder...

Perhaps Frank will come back like Ed did on Jillian's season and then Ali and Frank will live happily ever after just like they did!! :cheer2: