PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelorette--Season 6

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Lacey
07-13-2010, 02:23 AM
What the hay is Frank's outfit?

Ali's roots are driving me crazy, get a touch up honey!

And Frank is starting to squick out.

Catherine M
07-13-2010, 02:29 AM
Has it always been four hometown dates, because I think that is way too many choices.

Yes, except for one season, either Jesse or Byron's had just three as they went on fantasy dates first. And then Jillian went on five cause Ed came back and she wanted to give him time to catch up.

Rob
07-13-2010, 03:28 PM
What the hay is Frank's outfit?

Ali's roots are driving me crazy, get a touch up honey!

And Frank is starting to squick out.

ITA, ITA, ITA

Catherine M
07-13-2010, 03:43 PM
I have pretty much thrown in the towel this season.

Nothing about Ali is remotely interesting but I will tune in next week to see the meltdown in Tahiti. That should be good TV!

(small voice) I did rewind the DVR twice to watch the preview clip for "The Bachelor Pad" as it looks just so craptacular!!!!

Rob
07-13-2010, 03:50 PM
Ali's inane giggle would turn me off - when she meets people, she laughs before she's even said hello. My mother said Ali and Jake should hook back up in Hollywood because why waste a good one like Roberto, Chris, or Kirk. She also thought there was something weird about Frank and she doesn't know any of the spoilers. She said that of any of the guys, she'd put Ali with him because they both seem like they are trying to act for the cameras.

Rock2
07-13-2010, 04:32 PM
I have pretty much thrown in the towel this season.

Nothing about Ali is remotely interesting but I will tune in next week to see the meltdown in Tahiti. That should be good TV!

ITA. Dumb blond-esque chick with an inane laugh, stupid baby-doll voice and absolutely no depth of personality. She's the one common element to the whole show yet I feel I know her less than any other cast member. Maybe this is why the relationships no longer work. You need someone equally simple to not overthink the relationship and follow her like a dog (Frank?) or you need someone like Spencer Pratt who's just another attention whore; so it ends up being a lasting business deal more than a love thing.

The best way to make the show actually deliver a couple is to cast someone who's actually dateable vs. casting vapid single people good for not much more than a romp in the sack, if that.

Having said all that I actually liked Kirk once he got kicked off. Sweet guy. Frank has the capacity to kill someone. Roberto is way too good for her, which leaves Chris as the best match. So clear who's winning this horse race. They can both sit on their Cape Cod porch, rock in the chairs, stare at the waves and not talk to each other until they plotz. That's the only realistic scenario I see playing out.

Cruella
07-13-2010, 04:41 PM
Ali's inane giggle would turn me off - when she meets people, she laughs before she's even said hello.

I was dying for one of the family members to say, "You know, Ali seems immature and and unkempt. We don't approve at all."

We know the Bachelor or Bachelorette's families have sometimes disliked their dates, but has the reverse ever happened? (I suppose even if it did, Fleiss would never show it.)

Catherine M
07-13-2010, 05:03 PM
We know the Bachelor or Bachelorette's families have sometimes disliked their dates, but has the reverse ever happened? (I suppose even if it did, Fleiss would never show it.)

Didn't Ian's brother basically say that Meredith wasn't good enough or some crap like that???

I just remember him being ice cold to her and was shocked that Meredith went on with Ian after that. But she wanted Ian from day one so what are you going to do.

And Bettina's family were snobs to Byron, that he wasn't a college graduate and owned bars of all things. I would say that caused her to get her walking papers, their lack of welcome.

bobalina77
07-13-2010, 05:04 PM
Maybe she giggles when she's nervous? I could see that.

It's so obvious she likes Frank more than any of them. She said things about Frank that she didn't say about the rest. I think that her expecting him NOT to be insecure about this situation is totally unrealistic. Who wouldn't be insecure? And if they say they aren't they probably either don't care that much or they're lying.

Kirk's dad's "So Ali.. want to go down and see my basement?" had creepy psycho killer written all over it.. and his mom looks like she's trying to be 20 again. That said I really liked Kirk.. maybe a little bit too positive for me (there are days when I don't really feel like being positive about stuff lol) but over all a sweet guy.

Chris' family seemed awesome. Did anyone else notice that his brothers' wife and fiancee had a very similar look to them? Petite, dark hair, same build. Ali might have to let her hair go back to it's natural colour :P

Rob
07-13-2010, 05:05 PM
Are you asking whether the Bachelor or Bachelorette ever disliked the family of one of the contestants/suitors on the hometown date? I remember two instances -- not necessarily dislike but more like WTF.

Meredith's season - Lanny's mother went on and on about how a woman's priorities are God first, Children second, Husband third, herself 4th and Meredith seemed extremely put off. He was eliminated after that.

Jen Schefft's season - the family of one of her final four talked about their recent trip to Thailand almost the whole time and served Thai food and Jen was put off because the lunch was not all about Jen. She thought it was weird that they didn't ask her probing questions and try to get to know her. I thought it was kind of nice that they didn't put her on the spot and just treated her like a girl who was dating their son.

Yes, Ian's brother was weird to Meredith and Ian didn't even bother to fly his parents in from wherever they lived. The Bettina/Brad hometown was the most uncomfortable ever I think.

Catherine M
07-13-2010, 05:06 PM
Oh one more, that family in Texas that refused to meet with Lt. Dork so the girl (who's name I can't remember) was stuck introducing Andy to her friend and her dogs who peed all over the floor. So I guess you can say that family dissed the Bachelor, just by refusing to play Fleiss' games.

Rob
07-13-2010, 05:10 PM
Wasn't that Melissa Rycroft's family and Jason?

Just looked and it was both - Melissa's parents didn't want to meet Jason on camera and Amber's parents didn't meet with Lt. Dork.

Jenny
07-15-2010, 02:41 PM
I only caught Chris's family - WAY to picture perfect, no? It's like some creepy New England gothic story ... the lovely family and lovely home, even the dog, and then it turns all Stephen King on you, completely with scary ruined tower out back. In the end you find out that the family is actually 300 years old, the mother was a witch (they even have bracelets for members of the coven), and they have been searching for a new victim to keep themselves immortal. Why else would they like Ali?

And Ali was a mess!! Her hair was not only not done, it wasn't even brushed, and I suspect not even washed. She was wearing something only slightly above sweats.

Father was nice, and I understand his pain and need to have his family around him, but honestly it's verging on unhealthy, the obsession they all have with their deceased wife/mother/MIL. Even a total airhead has got to know that if she marries Chris, she's actually marrying that entire family, including an MIL.

I miss Jillian. She was always tiffed, took a real interest in everyone she met, really listened to what they were saying, and asked intelligent, insightful questions. I think she would have booted Chris around the same time she booted Jake, and I think she would have ended up with Roberto.

Catherine M
07-15-2010, 02:57 PM
In the new "In Touch" magazine, Chris is portrayed as a total man-whore, bringing home multiple women each week from his favorite bars! And Roberto went on the show without breaking up with the girl he was seeing at the time. The cover screams: "How they Tricked Her"! "I thought he was dead"!

http://www.intouchweekly.com/

And you know what they say about the tabloids, there usually is some truth into what they print so yeah, somethings up with all the guys this season. I don't think Ali had a chance to find anyone, even if she was interested in doing so. Good thing she was just after the fame/money!

And Jenny, I'm going to Cape Cod next month. I'll be sure to stop by the Lamptons and tell them "hello". j/k

Rob
07-15-2010, 03:25 PM
I only caught Chris's family - WAY to picture perfect, no? It's like some creepy New England gothic story ... the lovely family and lovely home, even the dog, and then it turns all Stephen King on you, completely with scary ruined tower out back. In the end you find out that the family is actually 300 years old, the mother was a witch (they even have bracelets for members of the coven), and they have been searching for a new victim to keep themselves immortal. Why else would they like Ali?

This is awesome. :rofl:

I see that In Touch got a shot of Frank kissing the at home girlfriend - he looks very into her.