PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelorette--Season 6

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

PeterG
07-07-2010, 05:39 PM
When it is said that someone is "JUGGING TWO GIRLFRIENDS AT THE SAME TIME!!!" do they really mean to say that someone is "dating"? (Is there a difference?)

Rob
07-07-2010, 06:21 PM
My view of dating would be dinner and a movie, not too serious, perhaps some physical contact from time to time, but no L word and no major talks about exclusivity. The relationship might grow, or it might not. Might be open about dating others - might be a don't ask, don't tell thing. Juggling two girlfriends would mean to me that the guy was telling 2 women he had an exclusive long term relationship with each, lying about his whereabouts to one while he was with the other, sleeping with both, dropping the L word to both, and telling them he was just going on the Bachelorette for career development (while claiming on TV to be falling in love with the Bachelorette). The tabloids & Reality Steve suggest that is what Ed did and also what Justin was doing this season - 2 at home plus Jillian/Ali.

luna_skater
07-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Calgary Herald Article (http://www.calgaryherald.com/Bachelorette+again+Alberta+Jillian+Harris+splittin g+with+Swiderski/3246931/story.html)

(Pretty much the same as the US Weekly one.)

PeterG
07-08-2010, 01:54 AM
...telling them he was just going on the Bachelorette for career development (while claiming on TV to be falling in love with the Bachelorette). The tabloids & Reality Steve suggest that is what Ed did...

Ed went on the Bachelorette to advance his technology consulting job? :confused: Do people in non-entertainment fields benefit from being on a show like this? (A realtor, etc.???)

bobalina77
07-08-2010, 02:24 AM
I guess they might if the want to get into an entertainment field. Or if they just don't want to work period and want to be able to live off appearances and what not.

The whole Jake and Vienna thing was.. well they're both tools. I can imagine that Jake is an emotionless prick who withholds affection. And I can imagine that Vienna is annoyingly needy. However.. girls don't get needy when everything is hunky dory and they are getting everything they need in a relationship. Usually it's because the guy has completely checked out of the relationship and the girl is doing whatever she can to hold on to him. Jake's reaction to all this wasn't an "I'm hurt because the person I love/loved sold me out.." type of reaction, it was more like he was reacting to a business partner who screwed him over. Vienna on the other hand needs to stop talking and realize that they obviously aren't compatible (shocker!) and find a guy who will be able to give her what she needs.

Okay.. that's my Jake and Vienna rant. Not surprised that Ty went home.. he needs to find a girl who has the same take on marriage as he does and he's not gonna have a happy relationship as long as he's trying to fit into someone else's mold. When you have values which go that deep you can't change them for someone. I'm sure there are girls like him out there.. he just has to be patient. Maybe he can hit up one of the Duggar girls? :lol:

PeterG
07-08-2010, 02:35 AM
The whole Jake and Vienna thing was.. well they're both tools.

The difference between Jake and Vienna is that they both went on a show to find true love and only one of them was there for that reason. Vienna is simply gullible enough to believe everyone involved in the show who say it is about someone finding a lifemate. The people behind the show and whoever goes on the show for fame are sacks of sh*t...they know there are people there who are naive and believe they are being treated honestly, yet go ahead and mis-treat them in the name of entertainment.

Vienna was honestly crushed while filming this recap and Jake was PISSED that she was f***ing up his re-entry into the entertainment industry and he didn't have the experience/media saavy to spin it all in his favour.

Sassafras
07-08-2010, 02:42 AM
^^^

What PeterG said

Jenny
07-08-2010, 01:41 PM
Ed went on the Bachelorette to advance his technology consulting job? :confused: Do people in non-entertainment fields benefit from being on a show like this? (A realtor, etc.???)

I'd say realtors like Reid might - at least around here, realtors have their pictures on billboards and park benches, so having your smiling face recognized from the Bachelor might actually get you more work. Agree though, very few other non-entertainment professions would benefit from this. Maybe an athlete trying to get endorsements.

(But certainly not a professional wrestler - I live in Justin's city, and I didn't even know there was such a thing here!)

And I can imagine that Vienna is annoyingly needy. However.. girls don't get needy when everything is hunky dory and they are getting everything they need in a relationship. Usually it's because the guy has completely checked out of the relationship and the girl is doing whatever she can to hold on to him.

Agree.

Rob
07-08-2010, 05:59 PM

I think they all hope to see if there is some sort of entertainment based career out there for them even if they also wouldn't mind falling in love.

Catherine M
07-08-2010, 07:01 PM
Ever since Elisabeth from Survivor got the View gig, all these folks think that if they spend just 10 seconds on TV, entertainment opportunities will come a knockin.

With both Melissa and Jake being on "DWTS" after finding Bachelor "fame", look for even more folks to be trying out for the Bachelor/ette. And What percentage did Fleiss admit to being cast for the "right" reason on that 20/20 special? I think he said something like half but it could be lower.

Latte
07-10-2010, 02:12 AM
Jake was a jerk, period.
I started disliking him on DWTS.
I never thought I would feel sorry for Vienna, but, I do.

Catherine M
07-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Just a reminder its hometown dates tonight. We'll get to see Tampa, Cape Cod, Wisconsin and Chicago!

Always an awkward episode as you never know what the moms, dads, grandmas, etc will do!

haribobo
07-13-2010, 01:55 AM
Aw, Chris' dad is so sweet. Great date. Also a good one with Roberto. What a choice between these two! And to think she ends up with neither. HOW!?!

Catherine M
07-13-2010, 01:57 AM
The Lamptons seem like a nice family. So does Roberto's.

I'm sure everyone will be glad to know I saw a recent picture of Ali and those nasty extensions are GONE. Thank god.

Lacey
07-13-2010, 02:05 AM
Has it always been four hometown dates, because I think that is way too many choices.