PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelorette--Season 6

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

luna_skater
07-06-2010, 06:50 AM
MAN, that interview was something. I don't think either of them is 100% in the right or the wrong, but Jake *really* shocked me with how awful he came across. Vienna seemed genuinely upset about how things had worked out, but he was ridiculously condescending and wouldn't take responsibility for ANYTHING. I completely agree with her that he wants a pretty wife who will just sit quietly and do what she's told.

*Jen*
07-06-2010, 01:09 PM
MAN, that interview was something. I don't think either of them is 100% in the right or the wrong, but Jake *really* shocked me with how awful he came across. Vienna seemed genuinely upset about how things had worked out, but he was ridiculously condescending and wouldn't take responsibility for ANYTHING. I completely agree with her that he wants a pretty wife who will just sit quietly and do what she's told.

Picked the wrong girl then...

I never thought I would feel sorry for Vienna, but :scream:

professordeb
07-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Actually, I couldn't stand either one much, but Vienna ticked me off more than Jake. Her insistence that Jake should never finish a sentence because she always had to have her say about it or give her spin on it - spoiled daddy's princess indeed and poor wittle princess had to ask for a kiss -- cry me a river girlie! Looked to me like Jake was trying to hold onto his temper with Vienna's actions and her temper tantrum -- I don't like what's going on and the tears aren't working so I'll just flounce out of the room and make my "dramatik" departure. What a mess these two are - the trainwreck that won't go away.

Jenny
07-06-2010, 03:55 PM
Here's hoping that Jake's shortlived "career" is now over, or at least goes straight to the E list. (Vienna's never really started.)

haribobo
07-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Jake and Vienna both came across as TOTAL losers from the bits I saw. What a total car crash that was. :wall:

Chris L. - I am ready to marry him! SO damn cute!

Jenny
07-06-2010, 05:42 PM
The more I see of Chris, the more he creeps me out. Sure, a nice guy to have beers with or be pals with, and certainly someone you could trust to take care of your dog when you are away, but marriage material? No way!

Even that bracelet, *shudder.* Here, let me screw on this bracelet that is the same as the one my father gave my dead mother - don't you ever take it off.

Catherine M
07-06-2010, 06:51 PM
Yeah, I'm beginning to wonder if anyone is ever going to measure up to Dead Mom for Chris. Something is indeed off there.

But You know that Fleiss is loving every word coming out of his mouth cause its going to make for a great back story to Chris' season of the Bachelor! (if Chris is in line for the gig)

*Jen*
07-06-2010, 07:34 PM
Actually, I couldn't stand either one much, but Vienna ticked me off more than Jake. Her insistence that Jake should never finish a sentence because she always had to have her say about it or give her spin on it - spoiled daddy's princess indeed and poor wittle princess had to ask for a kiss -- cry me a river girlie! Looked to me like Jake was trying to hold onto his temper with Vienna's actions and her temper tantrum -- I don't like what's going on and the tears aren't working so I'll just flounce out of the room and make my "dramatik" departure. What a mess these two are - the trainwreck that won't go away.

True - he came off like an angry wanker with the "STOP INTERUPTING!" but she did talk over him a lot.

He came off like a creepy jealous guy though. But hey, who didn't see this coming? :watch:

Rob
07-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Looked to me like Jake was trying to hold onto his temper with Vienna's actions and her temper tantrum --

My guess is that he was holding onto his temper because of the TV cameras. His body language and tone of voice suggested to me that he would be much more snide, condescending ("read my lips stupid"), and then angry without the audience. I think he is pretty tightly wound.

That said, she was absolutely annoying with her interrupting every single sentence he said. But I did believe her that everything he does is designed to get media attention and relaunch his entertainment career.

Re Ali - Roberto is the most normal to me. Chris's dead mom is too much. Frank is goofy weird, and we know what is coming up anyway . Kirk is way too into her. Ty's reason for his divorce would have sent me running.

Jenny
07-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Ty's reason for his divorce would have sent me running.

ooo I missed that - do tell!

*Jen*
07-06-2010, 10:06 PM
ooo I missed that - do tell!

His wife worked and wanted a career. He was brought up in a 'traditional' family with 'traditional' values and believes a woman's place is in the home...so he divorced his career driven wife. And told all this to Ali :shuffle:

Catherine M
07-06-2010, 10:13 PM
According to Reality Steve, Ed & Jillian have broken up and to look for the break up story to hit the tabloids soon.

doubt that they'll be able to top Jake/Vienna but it will be interesting to see how much dirty laundry they decide to air. I'm thinking since both seem to have real careers, not much.

And I guess Ed will go back to juggling 2/3 girlfriends at a time!!

shan
07-07-2010, 06:30 AM
Ali seemed slightly drunk during most of this episode. I was like happy to see like more of like Kirk this episode, but I like wish he would like use the word "like" less when he speaks. :scream:

The whole Jake vs. Vienna thing is insane. They both have major issues...

This season of the Bachelorette is a dud, but I am excited to see the hometown dates! They usually provide good entertainment. :cheer2:

Catherine M
07-07-2010, 03:20 PM
FWIW, here's US Weekly's take on the Ed/Jillian spilt:

http://www.usmagazine.com/moviestvmusic/news/bachelorette-jillian-ed-split-201077

Jenny
07-07-2010, 03:49 PM
His wife worked and wanted a career. He was brought up in a 'traditional' family with 'traditional' values and believes a woman's place is in the home...so he divorced his career driven wife. And told all this to Ali :shuffle:

:eek: :scream:

FWIW, here's US Weekly's take on the Ed/Jillian spilt:

http://www.usmagazine.com/moviestvmusic/news/bachelorette-jillian-ed-split-201077

Well if that's at all true, then it's completely different than Jake and Vienna, and I think the tabloids will have to work pretty hard to make it scandalous - even in this short story, US has to drag up what Ed did a year ago.