PDA

View Full Version : If you are scared of heights ...

Aussie Willy
05-07-2010, 01:01 PM
... you may not want to watch this. Otherwise feel free to freak yourself out.

http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelligencerreport/scariest_path.html

Andrey aka Pushkin
05-07-2010, 02:22 PM
Looks nice :)
I would go

bobalina77
05-07-2010, 05:39 PM
I would go until I saw the parts that are missing.. then I'd turn right back around. Yikes!

Satellitegirl
05-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Yeah I'd go up until I had to walk across a rail. Don't think I'd do that. Although if it's jumpable, I'd jump across.

joeperryfan
05-07-2010, 07:46 PM
I have nightmares with stuff like this :scream: I'm getting sweaty palms just to think about it :scream::scream::scream:

Bev Johnston
05-07-2010, 07:55 PM
It looks like you can at least hook your harness to the rope on the side for a majority of the walk, but there are some places where it doesn't appear that you can. And of course those are the scariest places on the path! I also would not want to slip while hooked in, and then have to pull myself back up. :eek:

The scenery is stunning, though!

genevieve
05-07-2010, 07:57 PM
what amazes me is the person with the camera just saunters across those bars - I'm guessing he's done it a bunch of times. I can imagine doing it (especially with that handy thread attached to the rock to hold onto :lol: ), but not so smoothly.

Even if the trail was still whole, the idea of building that pathway so that workers could transport materials is just :eek:

beautiful scenery though and I bet it's just exhilarating being up there (if you're not busy cryin' for your momma, that is)

Jojo
05-07-2010, 09:20 PM
And cryin' for my momma I would be! Just looking at the video my heartrate went up and I was feeling dizzy.

Garden Kitty
05-07-2010, 10:08 PM
It's a good thing there is that video, because that's the only way I'm going to see it. No way am I walking across that bar when the road is out!

nubka
05-07-2010, 10:18 PM
No flippin way !!!!! :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

Kasey
05-08-2010, 06:13 AM
just watching the video makes me sick to my stomach. (or maybe that is the chicken I just ate....either way)

Japanfan
05-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Amazing to watch while sitting at a desk with one's feet rooted in stable ground. Those parts with the big gaps were terrifying!! I thought they must be carrying a plank with them, in some places there seemed only place for one foot.