PDA

View Full Version : TV Shows Cancelled, Renewed, and New - US Network TV Upfronts

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12

BigB08822
05-14-2010, 10:50 PM
I just saw on ew.com Heroes has been cancelled, but there was only an announcement, no story.

Is this official? I heard there is a ton of speculation but that total cancellation was not likely. I heard they would probably do some kind of mini series event to end the story. I guess that still means the series is officially canceled and they just may have a mini-series in the works. I loved this show at first but didn't watch after I got behind in the 2nd season.

genevieve
05-14-2010, 11:41 PM
Story is up now:

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/05/14/heroes-canceled-by-nbc/

It says a special to wrap things up has been discussed but hasn't been solidified.

Jimena
05-15-2010, 12:04 AM
Finally. Heroes was cancelled. I'm glad they put that show out of its misery. It had a fantastic first season and then it all went to hell. I gave it up during the second season because it got sooooooooooooo bad.

shan
05-15-2010, 01:35 AM
Bones is renewed? :cheer2:

missflick
05-15-2010, 04:39 AM
Finally. Heroes was cancelled. I'm glad they put that show out of its misery. It had a fantastic first season and then it all went to hell. I gave it up during the second season because it got sooooooooooooo bad.

I got as far as the first episode of the third season. Then I gave it up.

genevieve
05-15-2010, 08:40 AM
I got about 3 eps into last season (the '08-'09 season) and had an epiphany that the show was going to keep trying to fool us into thinking it was as cool as S1 without actually fixing things so I gave up. I did watch the last 2 eps of this season and they were ok...but I am fine with it being canceled. Their biggest mistake was not letting Sylar stay dead after the end of S1.

Buzz
05-15-2010, 12:46 PM
Here is a nice article about the impact Law & Order has had on the economy of the area of New York City it was shot in. :)

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/15/nyregion/15nolaw.html?hpw

Rex
05-15-2010, 04:17 PM
Too bad about Scrubs - I really loved it in the beginning, but it got dull, especially after the move to ABC.

reckless
05-15-2010, 04:39 PM
I got about 3 eps into last season (the '08-'09 season) and had an epiphany that the show was going to keep trying to fool us into thinking it was as cool as S1 without actually fixing things so I gave up. I did watch the last 2 eps of this season and they were ok...but I am fine with it being canceled. Their biggest mistake was not letting Sylar stay dead after the end of S1.
You lasted much longer than most. ITA that the show's biggest mistake was keeping Sylar. Zachary Quinto is good, but Sylar was far too powerful to keep as a regular and couldn't be rehabilitated in a believable fashion.

The other mistake was not doing more in the first season's finale. Everything in that season was leading up to a huge battle between the heroes and Sylar, but the episode was terribly done.

skatesindreams
05-15-2010, 05:07 PM
Here is a nice article about the impact Law & Order has had on the economy of the area of New York City it was shot in. :)

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/15/nyregion/15nolaw.html?hpw

A "long-term" series can really transform the entire area.
I hope that other series can take advantage of the infrastructure that has been developed, so that the positive impact continues.

rjblue
05-15-2010, 05:32 PM
I don't think series like Heroes and Dollhouse play very well as a weekly series. There are too many interconnecting plots and too many main characters. I actually enjoyed Season 3 of Heroes but I rented it and watched it over the course of a week. None of the episodes of these series are very good as stand alone shows, because it is hard to have a story for each episode along with the continuing storyline.

Shows that succeed in this way have only one or two central characters- 24, Fringe, X Files.

I'm not sure how LOST fits into this theory, except maybe that The Island and the mystery are actually the central character, and the people are secondary.

rfisher
05-15-2010, 06:48 PM
Sorry about FF, but Modern Family and Justified both renewed so I'm good. MF makes me laugh out loud and Timothy Olyphant is gorgeous. Plus, I love Elmore Leonard and he's an executive producer on Justified.

smurfy
05-15-2010, 10:28 PM
FF - bummed - it has been getting good
L&O - sad to see it go, but there are so many episodes I have not seen - so syndication is still there. I always enjoyed the show, but never recorded it, since not serial. Also enjoy the spinoffs. But to me, L&O has not been the same since Jerry Orbach's character retired. Lenny was great!!

Eden
05-16-2010, 02:46 AM
Fox network ordered comedy "Traffic Light", based on the Israeli series of the same name. TL, one of the highest-rated comedy on Israeli TV, revolves around three male friends in different stages of relationships:
green for a free single man,
yellow for a single man who is in long dating relationship with the same girlfriend and is about to marry her,
and finally a married man whose status is similar to the red light because it brings him to a => stop status.
Bob Fisher ("The Wedding Crashers") is going to be the co-writer along with the Israeli team.
I hope that the American adaptation will be as funny as the original one.

suep1963
05-16-2010, 05:02 AM
FF - bummed - it has been getting good
L&O - sad to see it go, but there are so many episodes I have not seen - so syndication is still there. I always enjoyed the show, but never recorded it, since not serial. Also enjoy the spinoffs. But to me, L&O has not been the same since Jerry Orbach's character retired. Lenny was great!!

Lenny was great--but Jerry Orbach died, so it was a bit difficult to keep Lenny going!