PDA

View Full Version : TV Shows Cancelled, Renewed, and New - US Network TV Upfronts

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12

Theatregirl1122
05-14-2010, 06:42 PM
That's scary. Law & Order has been on TV for exactly half of my life. It's kind of a shame because the new cast has grown on me over this year.

It's been on for basically my entire life!

My mother is going to be very sad about Better Off Ted.

reckless
05-14-2010, 07:06 PM
It will be a long while before something as satisfying to the adult audience as the "Law and Order" franchise, arrives to replace it..

:(:(

Law & Order: Los Angeles seems to be pretty certain for a NBC spot next year. It sounds like it will use the same formula as the original, just with a different cast and setting. So the show may fill the same niche as the current show.

I think the nail in the coffin for the original L&O was the TNT deal. With the commitment to buy 20 years of episodes for syndication, Wolf could take less from NBC and still make money. TNT doesn't have to buy more episodes, since it has such a large number to air already and, presumably, with more of its own programming, it will cut back on the the L&O marathons.

ChelleC
05-14-2010, 07:20 PM
Even better, I read yesterday that L&O is cancelled, but #*(&@$ Heroes is getting another shot.

Pffft.

Exactly how many shots has Heroes gotten?

Rob
05-14-2010, 07:22 PM
Not happy about FF at all, but they blew it with the long break - the real time aspect is gone, too many characters moving in and out. So of the 6 acted shows I watch regularly, only 2 are sure to return.

Lost, FF, Tudors -- gone
Numb3rs - probably cancelled
Bones, Modern Family - renewed

I guess I will go back to House and maybe I will get Fringe DVDs and try to pick that one up. When does the Borgias start?

Bev Johnston
05-14-2010, 07:31 PM
Not happy about FF at all, but they blew it with the long break - the real time aspect is gone, too many characters moving in and out. So of the 6 acted shows I watch regularly, only 2 are sure to return.

Lost, FF, Tudors -- gone
Numb3rs - probably cancelled
Bones, Modern Family - renewed

I guess I will go back to House and maybe I will get Fringe DVDs and try to pick that one up. When does the Borgias start?

Sadly, not till 2011.

I'm bummed about Flash Forward. It was never as good as Lost, but has really gained momentum.

I'm not going to be left with many dramas to watch regularly, either. I haven't been watching House on Mondays because of DWTS, but decided to watch it last Monday. It was really :yawn: I hope that was just a one time thing.

Bostonfan
05-14-2010, 07:42 PM
Flash Forward needed to take a page from LOST. They figured out that they had to start the season later and let the new epsidoes run back to back. Why they didn't do that for Flash Forward is beyond me. I watched it avidly before the break, but never regained interest when it came back from break.

Norlite
05-14-2010, 08:07 PM
Law & Order: Los Angeles seems to be pretty certain for a NBC spot next year.

Oh, :lol:

I'm sorry, I love all the L&O franchises, but this just make me think we're actually inching closer to Law & Order P.C.A.M.P.I.E.O.F.T.D

:P

skatesindreams
05-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Law and Order: LA wouldn't bother me.
Some of Dick Wolf's reality-based legal programs have been close to that, already,

MOIJTO
05-14-2010, 09:13 PM
Law and Order's last show will be May 24th. 20 years, they join only a few primetime shows with that honor. Bonanza being one.

Auntie
05-14-2010, 09:29 PM
:mad: FF! I have really been enjoying it. I hope there is some kind of closure at the end of this season. I will miss seeing Joseph Fiennes every week. :swoon:

Freespirit
05-14-2010, 09:50 PM
Love "The Good Wife", my favorite non-reality of the season.

Yehudi
05-14-2010, 09:57 PM
I'm a L&O: CI fan myself, and was not happy when Goren and Eames left (and the way they left was lame. Seriously, Goren pushes a suspect and gets canned. Stabler pummels suspects and nothing happens). I like Jeff Goldblum's character, but he has zero chemistry with Saffron Burrows.

AragornElessar
05-14-2010, 10:40 PM
Wow...You can't really say this w/a lot of shows, but w/L&O being cancelled you w/out a doubt can...

It's the End of an Era on Television. :(

I haven't watched for a few years, but it's going to be strange not to see it promo-ed come September. :(

genevieve
05-14-2010, 10:43 PM
I just saw on ew.com Heroes has been cancelled, but there was only an announcement, no story.

BigB08822
05-14-2010, 10:48 PM
Flash Forward needed to take a page from LOST. They figured out that they had to start the season later and let the new epsidoes run back to back. Why they didn't do that for Flash Forward is beyond me. I watched it avidly before the break, but never regained interest when it came back from break.

This is EXACTLY what happened to me! I didn't miss any of the first run of episodes and then I haven't seen a single one since the break. Its been so long that now I have totally lost interest and wouldn't watch if they ran a marathon, to be honest. Partly my fault for getting behind but ABC knows better than to allow it to happen!