PDA

View Full Version : TV Shows Cancelled, Renewed, and New - US Network TV Upfronts

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Rex
05-14-2010, 03:43 AM
I hear that "Law & Order" has not been renewed....

HeatherC
05-14-2010, 04:03 AM
V Renewal Story at EW (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/05/13/breaking-abc-renews-v/) I really hope he's right! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Not so good news from EW about four other shows including Flashforward (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/05/13/abc-cancels-romantically-challenged-scrubs-ted-flashforward/) Not happy to hear the news about FF at all. :(

reckless
05-14-2010, 08:05 AM
That's scary. Law & Order has been on TV for exactly half of my life. It's kind of a shame because the new cast has grown on me over this year.

Buzz
05-14-2010, 12:11 PM
V Renewal Story at EW (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/05/13/breaking-abc-renews-v/) I really hope he's right! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Not so good news from EW about four other shows including Flashforward[/URL] Not happy to hear the news about FF at all. :(

Three :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: for "V"!!! I am soooo HAPPY!!!! BUT :angryfire at L&O and FF not being renewed. :(

Rex
05-14-2010, 12:53 PM
That's scary. Law & Order has been on TV for exactly half of my life. It's kind of a shame because the new cast has grown on me over this year.

Yeah, I've actually been watching some of the eps this season. I've always eschewed the original L&O because SVU and Criminal Intent were edgier and sexier. But both of those shows are boring me now and I have found the original show to be quite solid. I lurve Abigail.

Gypsy
05-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Happy about "V" but very sad about "FlashForward".

Andora
05-14-2010, 01:33 PM

Even better, I read yesterday that L&O is cancelled, but #*(&@$ Heroes is getting another shot.

Pffft.

Rex
05-14-2010, 01:51 PM
Even better, I read yesterday that L&O is cancelled, but #*(&@$ Heroes is getting another shot.

Pffft.Sad for L&O. I don't watch Heroes so I have no opinion on it.

GarrAarghHrumph
05-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Vaguely sad re: FF, but not unexpected.

TalentedButHumble
05-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Aw bleep, Better Off Ted officially gone. ABC, you freaking idiots. It was the most hilarious show on TV, IMO so much better than the bland amusement of other sitcoms that get so much more attention - Modern Family on the same network, Big Bang Theory on CBS, Community on NBC.

But it was out and out farce, which oftentimes just doesn't play well on network TV. Even though 30 Rock, which has also become just a farce, but an unfunny one, lives on into a fifth season. (And I speak as someone who has a vague acquaintance with one or two of that show's writers.)

Oh well, just hope P & R can stay decent.

And even though I think Flash Forward's a hot mess, I still watch it sometimes. (I liked the book the idea was based on.) I haven't heard whether the plot will be tidied up at season's end.

skatesindreams
05-14-2010, 04:47 PM
It will be a long while before something as satisfying to the adult audience as the "Law and Order" franchise, arrives to replace it..

:(:(

Rex
05-14-2010, 04:55 PM
Most network TV is so inferior anymore. Even cable is starting to annoy me. The shows try too hard to be shocking and edgy, and they end up coming across as ridiculous. I stopped watching Psych and Burn Notice for those reasons too.

TalentedButHumble
05-14-2010, 05:24 PM
Rex, agree. I've watched basic cable (i.e., USA/TNT) shows at other people's house or on Hulu, and I've rented DVDs of high-end cable (HBO, Showtime) shows. I usually find the USA/TNT/FX-type shows blah and not compelling enough to keep me searching them out.

And most of the HBO/Showtime stuff of recent seasons has been outright disappointing to me, after hearing such hype about the shows - good production values, but characters or storylines that just don't draw me in. (Weeds, Deadwood, True Blood.)

The last highly-rated cable show which really made an impression on me was Six Feet Under.

Rex
05-14-2010, 06:13 PM
Loved SFU. I used to watch most of the cable series, but like I said, they reek of desperation and look-how-edgy-and-crazy-my-characters-are. Enough already.

Badams
05-14-2010, 06:38 PM
YAY CHUCK!!!