PDA

View Full Version : TV Shows Cancelled, Renewed, and New - US Network TV Upfronts

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12

Buzz
05-21-2010, 02:19 AM
The season finale is next week so you have at least one more week of Flashfoward. :)

sniffle...sniffle... thank you, I feel better now, but it only delays my pain. :lol:

NancyNC
05-23-2010, 04:09 PM
CBS renewed Medium.

:cheer2:

I came here looking for this info b/c I was worried after seeing the last show of the season - it seemed to be an ending type of show...

Hope my guilty pleasure Ghost Whisperer can get picked up somewhere else - maybe on ScyFy (or however they spell that nowadays!).

Buzz
05-23-2010, 05:28 PM
I used to love ghost whisperer but after Melissa's husband died and came back in somone else's body I stopped watching. Just did not seem the same after that. To besides, the whole show is about helping the dead move on but her own husband gets to stay, resume their relationship and have a kid with her.

shan
05-23-2010, 05:29 PM
To besides, the whole show is about helping the dead move on but her own husband gets to stay, resume their relationship and have a kid with her.

:watch: How did I miss this show?

genevieve
05-23-2010, 05:42 PM
I've missed most of this season of GW, but I think going 5 years forward was a mistake. I was on board with the whole Jim's dead/Jim's still around/she's marrying someone else that's really Jim last season (even though I didn't like it initially), but it bugs that there is no longer any reference to the fact that "Jim" is really a different body now. I didn't notice anyone calling him by the other name (I can't remember it now)...Grandview is a small town - did everyone just accept that the crazy ghost lady in town got her new guy to assume her dead husband's name? :lol:

The finale seemed kind of series finale-ish, and based on the quality of the episode, I'm ok with it being gone. The problem with introducing a kid that young as a major part of the story is that the plot and writing becomes extremely basic. That chain of passed over kids of light illuminating the whole town and banishing the shadows forevah!...well, it was lame.

Medium's ep also seemed like it could have been a series ender but it was really well done. The only problem I see is - how will they top it whenever the show really does come to an end?

manhn
05-23-2010, 05:42 PM
The Ghost Whisperer has lost a step but I think CBS treated the show poorly. If they were gonna cancel the show, they should've given the creators time to make an actual series finale.

JAF
05-23-2010, 05:52 PM
I saw an ad on NBC, I think, for Law and Order Los Angeles -Hooray :)

AxelAnnie
05-23-2010, 07:29 PM
Bones is renewed? :cheer2:

Thanks for the info.

Watched the finale last night......I was nervous that it was a show ending finale.

AxelAnnie
05-23-2010, 07:36 PM
Bones is renewed? :cheer2:

ABC's confirmed fall schedule is here:

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/05/abcs_fall_schedule_is_here.html

Thanks for the link...wow the only show I watch ABC is Grey's...I am surprised.

I keep thinking I should like Private Practice......but then when I try to watch it.......can't do it.

skatesindreams
05-23-2010, 07:38 PM
The Ghost Whisperer has lost a step but I think CBS treated the show poorly. If they were gonna cancel the show, they should've given the creators time to make an actual series finale.

I feel the same way about "Numbers".
I never thought that the long-anticipated wedding would be the finale!

shan
05-23-2010, 11:41 PM
Thanks for the info.

Watched the finale last night......I was nervous that it was a show ending finale.

I watched it last night too! It was kind of weird for a season finale, but hopefully it will set next season up to be great!

sk8pics
05-24-2010, 01:23 AM

Well, CBS did the same thing with Joan of Arcadia, which they replaced with Ghost Whisperer!

KikiSashaFan
05-24-2010, 01:49 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/05/23/glee-gets-early-season-pick/

Glee was already renewed for Season 2, but now they've announced season 3 as well. :cheer:

Angelskates
05-24-2010, 03:15 AM
Is that show about the tiny facial and body expressions being renewed? I can't for the life of me remember the name, but I loved it!

Bones' finale seemed like it definitely wasn't renewed...I love Bones, but I am surprised they ended the season as they did if it's continuing.

A.H.Black
05-24-2010, 04:19 AM
I was sorry to see "Cold Case" go as my niece worked on it. The good news is she is starting on "The Whole Truth" (ABC, new this fall) next month. http://abc.go.com/shows/the-whole-truth

"The Whole Truth" will star Rob Morrow from "Numbers" He seems to have a knack of landing on his feet.