PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan Cassar announces coaching change to Frank Carroll

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

FSOWebmaster
05-06-2010, 04:16 PM
He announced his change Wednesday on his official site.
http://figureskatersonline.com/news/2010/05/06/jonathan-cassar-moves-to-southern-california/

TalentedButHumble
05-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Wow, surprised. From a selfish fan POV I can't believe after all these years I won't get to see him @ DSC exhibitions, etc. anymore. :fragile: :wuzrobbed: But if he thinks this can help him zoom up the rankings I wish him the best.

genevieve
05-06-2010, 04:28 PM
wheeee! Jonathan Cassar is my favorite non-elite skater, I hope he is able to shine with Frank Carroll :cheer2:

azskatefan
05-06-2010, 04:31 PM
I love the possibilities that I am envisioning! Obviously Evan, Mirai and Jonathan are completely different but if Frank could instill some of the technical aspects of Evan and recently Mirai into Jonathan, holy crap! I'm pumped. He's got all the grace one would ever need! He just needs to improve technically IMO. He's fantastic. I hope this works out for him. Not to sidetrack, but who does Berlin still coach now that Czisny and Cassar are out?

Debbie S
05-06-2010, 04:37 PM
The bio on his website now says his choreo will be done by David Wilson (or did he do Jonathan's choreo before?).

I guess Jonathan has finished college, or is he taking a leave of absence?

I'm looking forward to seeing how he can progress under Frank. I hope he can at least crack the top 10 in Greensboro.

BittyBug
05-06-2010, 04:54 PM
Very intriguing news. If Frank can expand Cassar's jump arsenal, he'll be a force.

jlai
05-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Intriguing...

will Cassar do C*rmen now? ;)

sk9tingfan
05-06-2010, 05:10 PM
This is even more intriguing from the perspective that Frank Carroll does not appear to be winding down his coaching practice. He is continuing to take on young skaters who will hopefully be at the next Olympics.

kirkbiggestfan
05-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Beautiful picture too.

genevieve
05-06-2010, 05:32 PM
This is even more intriguing from the perspective that Frank Carroll does not appear to be winding down his coaching practice. He is continuing to take on young skaters who will hopefully be at the next Olympics.

That was my thought too.

LadyNit
05-06-2010, 05:36 PM
What an exciting combination! I hope coach and skater have great success working together. I love Cassar's skating. :kickass:

Sylvia
05-06-2010, 05:43 PM
I just love his trademark DEEP inside edge spread eagle! :swoon:

Cassar's only previous international assignment was 2008 Coupe de Nice in France (he placed 7th in senior) under USFS' collegiate international program, and I'm hoping he will be considered for a Senior B international this fall after his 12th place finish at Nationals.

The bio on his website now says his choreo will be done by David Wilson (or did he do Jonathan's choreo before?).
Jonathan has been collaborating with David Wilson for several years now (I think going back to 2006?).

I guess Jonathan has finished college, or is he taking a leave of absence?
He was enrolled at Oakland University near Detroit -- not sure if he has graduated?

Not to sidetrack, but who does Berlin still coach now that Czisny and Cassar are out?
I know Julie Berlin always has had many skaters at the the Junior and lower levels -- most coaches can't make a living just coaching "elite" international students.

Retry
05-06-2010, 05:43 PM
...Not to sidetrack, but who does Berlin still coach now that Czisny and Cassar are out?

Has Czisny announced a new coach yet?

Sylvia
05-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Has Czisny announced a new coach yet?
No, see the recent article link that I posted at:
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2748139&postcount=66

Sk8 Bug
05-06-2010, 05:48 PM
So very exciting for Jonathan and I know he will soar! He is my fav for sure. The SE Michigan skating community will miss him tremendously. He is the kindest person and a friend to everyone. Holding out hope he will stay home club with DSC and remain in the Midwest section??? Sectionals are in Ann Arbor :)