PDA

View Full Version : Christina Aguilera New Video

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

UGG
05-05-2010, 02:03 AM
Anyone see it for her new song Not Myself Tonight? Its really...bad. I am embarrassed for her. Not sure why she feels the need to resort to this with that voice she has...

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/2010/04/30/2010-04-30_christina_aguileras_not_myself_tonight_music_vi deo_goes_for_shock_value_with_lea.html

You just have to wonder what is going on in her brain after watching something as amazing as this

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=christina+aguilera+i+love+you +porgy&aq=0

Norlite
05-05-2010, 02:26 AM
OMG she's f-ing fabulous!

I can't tell you how much I adore Christina!

And she's actually doing a public service of sorts. Showing the world what real breasts looks like.

Ares
05-05-2010, 02:41 AM
It's kind of Gaga wannabe, which is weird because Xtina was Gaga before there was a Gaga. Meh, the whole shock value thing doesn't really work if everyone else is trying to do the same thing.

The song isn't very good either. Too bad, I kind of like her sometimes.

Theatregirl1122
05-05-2010, 05:03 AM
It's kind of Gaga wannabe, which is weird because Xtina was Gaga before there was a Gaga.

It seems to be far more derivative of Madonna videos to me.

Ziggy
05-09-2010, 12:00 AM
Dammit Vevo blocked it in Europe and nobody else has uploaded it yet. :(

shah
05-09-2010, 12:00 AM
unfortunately, the video is far from being original ("Justify my love" plus "Human nature" ---> Madonna inspiration; some elements from Gaga, as well). and I absolutely hate that aggressive product placement of her perfumes :duh:.
it's a shame b/e I like the song - catchy and sexy :).

Ziggy
05-09-2010, 12:05 AM
Ok so thanks to Shah, I've watched it and I think it's a very dull, generic song. Meh.

shah
05-09-2010, 12:06 AM
for those who haven't seen it yet:
She's not herself tonight! (http://w611.wrzuta.pl/film/5HbaD4M7iQE/christina_aguilera_not_myself_tonight)

Ziggy
05-09-2010, 01:37 AM
Here's Xtina's live performance on Oprah:
http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Christina-Aguilera-Performs-Not-Myself-Tonight-Video

Indra486
05-09-2010, 03:41 AM
Well, the Gaga comparisons is pretty much inevitable. Gaga is not the first person to ever use bondage, latex, metal bars, provocative dances, male and female seduction in her creative expression. However, the comparisons happen is because it's something that Gaga is known mainstream for.

Song-wise, it's not a terrible song but a great one either. It's something that I can sit through if it comes on. Other than that, I haven't really liked a single of hers since Fighter.

brina
05-09-2010, 04:15 PM
This new direction Christina is going with convinces me that she really is more of a conformist than an artist. It was fairly evident before with her previous themes, but this time she is essentially being a copy of Lady Gaga, which is funny because she was part of that whole uproar of girl on girl kissing at the MTV music awards years ago. Despite that, it still looks like she is just trying to be someone else.

Matryeshka
05-09-2010, 07:18 PM
It's the same outfit from Human Nature, and a lot of the same choreography with some Bad Romance thrown in. Face, make-up, and product placement very Gaga.

The difference is, Madonna did this type of song from a position of strength and raaawwwr women power and f*&^ you haters, I'm Madonna and I'll do what I want, who I want, when I want. Gaga has some of that. Christina's song comes off more as a position of desperation, like 17-22 year old girls making out with other girls to get boys' attention. And she looks damned uncomfortable in the video too. What really bothers me though is Christina does not actually have to resort to such gimmicks--she's beautiful, a fairly good dancer (better than Gaga who should NEVER dance, though not as good as Madonna or Britney), and vocally, no one can touch her since Mariah and Whitney have forgotten they can actually sing :P It's a shame that someone with so much natural talent feels they have to resort to....that.

phoenixflamezzz
05-09-2010, 07:38 PM
not a fan of the song or video either.

but her voice still blows the keshas, rihannas, and katy perrys out of the water. seems like the pop fans are over her though, and its disappointing that she feels the need to resort to making such gimmicky music (but with the popularity of those three and acts like the Black Eyed Peas, it's like you have to do that to sell records) when she's capable of so much more, like here (new song she debuted a couple of days ago):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDeQ9VrXq9c

Cupid
05-09-2010, 10:41 PM
I'm not a prude, but I thought the video was gross. Everything about it. (insert vomit smily here)

silverstars
05-09-2010, 11:10 PM
Nope, she's definitely not herself tonight. She's some weird combination of Lady Gaga and Madonna, and then she oversexualized everything in an attempt to distance herself.

She's talented and has always been pretty good and creating images for herself, so I'm surprised that this video isn't really something new and different. She has one of the best voices on pop radio today--she should focus on that.