PDA

View Full Version : Christina Aguilera New Video

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

jenny12
05-18-2010, 12:26 AM
I don't get all the comments praising what a great singer she is, at least not when she sings live where she tends to over-sing. She's had flashes of greatness like the Cure for Haiti benefit, but most of the time the over-dramatic hand convulsions and the attempts to prove what a great singer she is gets lost in the shuffle of her obnoxious ad-libbing with phrases like "yeah, yeah, yeah" grating on my ears like nails running down a chalkboard. I'll never forgive her for butchering Etta James's "At Last." Someone else mentioned it seems like she tries too hard, and that is the opinion I've always had of Christina Aguilera. She doesn't come off as natural to me; almost everything she does seems so forced. This new video and song screams desperation from an "artist" pleading not to be forgotten. Strange that she went to this extreme from her last "Back to Basics" album. Maybe she should title this album, "Back to Trashy" then. :lol:

I think Christina Aguilera has great vocal ability, but she uses too much melisma and is usually definitely not one for subtlety. I definitely prefer her to most pop stars today and I liked this performance of hers:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KEAD2dzDRE, but I do wish she'd reduce the melisma.

Southpaw
05-18-2010, 01:34 AM
I'd like that video better if she were feeling more like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSdFTVhFyyc) in it.

nalgene
06-11-2010, 07:06 AM
Did anyone catch Christina on Letterman? What a performance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqXmI7ovQNk)!

MOIJTO
06-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Every single one of these little video popper diva's owes their success to Madonna, Janet Jackson and Paula Abdul!

alchemy void
06-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Every single one of these little video popper diva's owes their success to Madonna, Janet Jackson and Paula Abdul!

Thats straight up giving Paula too much credit. :scream:

MOIJTO
06-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Thats straight up giving Paula too much credit. :scream:

No I don't think so, I am not talking about singing talent I am talking performance talent.

Madonna, Janet and Paula were masters at the performance part of singing! Christina is a fantabulous singer but that's where it ends.

I would rather have a great performer than singer for the most part.

jenny12
06-19-2010, 04:38 AM
No I don't think so, I am not talking about singing talent I am talking performance talent.

Madonna, Janet and Paula were masters at the performance part of singing! Christina is a fantabulous singer but that's where it ends.

I would rather have a great performer than singer for the most part.

Madonna and Janet are amazing performers, but I never though Paula was an especially powerful performer. She's a great dancer, but I don't think she has the charisma of the other two.

However, as much as Christina's melisma can annoy me, I enjoy watching her equally to Madonna and Janet. While Christina might not be as great a performer as Madonna or Janet, they don't have the voice that Christina does, so it's all equal to me.

Ziggy
06-19-2010, 05:21 AM
What a shame that Christina's "Bionic" album is a flop. :P

orbitz
06-19-2010, 05:55 AM
Did anyone catch Christina on Letterman? What a performance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqXmI7ovQNk)!

What an amazing voice. Gaga does not even come close.

DickButtonFan
06-19-2010, 06:26 AM
She has a simulated orgy in a church like setting in her video, which I find to be completely disrespectful. Just because you disagree with a religion doesn't mean you have to resort to stunts like that. Yes she has every right to do whatever she wants, but I also have the right to find it offensive. But hey at least she doesn't kill people like Lady Gaga does in her videos.

Some of these videos get worse and worse. I remember when Britney's videos were shocking to some and now you have videos like Lady Gaga where she represents sex as violence and power. Where do you go from there? There's mass murder in her videos. It's disturbing. Not only that but the upside down crosses in Lady Gaga's videos and the illuminati type images are obvious she is just trying to get attention.

michiruwater
06-19-2010, 07:43 PM
Well, yes. The point is to get attention. Clearly, they all succeeded.

They certainly aren't the first to do this. Christina's video has nothing on Madonna's Like A Prayer, which made far more of an impact and will be remembered in a way this video won't. And sex can contain violence and power. Sex has many different facets. That's just one of them.

Ziggy
06-21-2010, 07:52 AM
So I've listened to the whole "Bionic" album yesterday and it's so shockingly bad it diefies belief.

The psychocybervixen theme throughout is just desperate and the lyrics are unbelieviably vapid.

I literally cringed when she sang:

Let's get glam, don't let the clothes wear you
Let's get glam, it's all in how you move
Let's get glam, don't let the clothes wear you
Let's get glam, it's all in attitude

:wall:

Ziggy
06-21-2010, 09:29 AM
So now "Bionic" has bombed both in the US (for her previous standards) and in the UK where it has just fallen from number 1 to number 29 on the Album Charts.

The biggest drop of a number one album ever and it was also the lowest selling album ever to make it to number one.

DickButtonFan
06-21-2010, 12:46 PM
So now "Bionic" has bombed both in the US (for her previous standards) and in the UK where it has just fallen from number 1 to number 29 on the Album Charts.

The biggest drop of a number one album ever and it was also the lowest selling album ever to make it to number one.

Wow :( such a shame considering her vocal talent

cailuj365
06-22-2010, 10:12 PM
I dislike Not Myself Tonight and hate Woohoo. I heard her new single is "You Lost Me," which is a ballad. It's pretty, but it just seems like a cop-out. It's like they're taking the Dirrty/Beautiful route to save the album. Unfortunately, I think "You Lost Me" is way too slow and will be a dud on the radio.

I've only heard one other song, which is "Bionic." I actually really like that one, and I wish that she had released that one first.