PDA

View Full Version : Dayton Ohio

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Stefanie
05-17-2010, 06:10 PM
Cox Arboretum south of Dayton on St. Rt. 741. Very nice, yes.

Where were you going for work here in lovely Miamisburg?

There's a company called Sourcelink (printing) that I work with on a government contract. :) It's located near a Max and Erma's restaurant and I went there for lunch and it was very good. (I'd never been to one before.)

Susan1
05-18-2010, 12:52 AM
There's a company called Sourcelink (printing) that I work with on a government contract. :) It's located near a Max and Erma's restaurant and I went there for lunch and it was very good. (I'd never been to one before.)

Glad you got to go to Max & Erma's. That one is closed now! There is a new one down 741 though. I don't suppose you got the chocolate chip cookies? You order them early so that they come to the table hot (and gooey and delicious). Totally off topic now, but does anyone remember when Max & Erma's had those old fashioned telephones at the table so you could call other tables. We-ird! They had the best quiche for years.

Prancer
05-18-2010, 01:26 AM
Totally off topic now, but does anyone remember when Max & Erma's had those old fashioned telephones at the table so you could call other tables.

Ha ha ha ha ha, I do; it was supposed to be a swinging singles place then. Do you remember the giant masthead woman with beer tap boobs? :lol:When I was about 14, one of my friends' older brothers and his girlfriend took me there for dinner for my first visit and allowed us to order drinks--which we were served without question. I had two Harvey Wallbangers that I drank very quickly and then my friend and I started calling other tables.:lol:

Now Max and Erma's is just another TGIFriday's/Chili's/Whatever. :( Even the Garbage Burger and sundae bar in a bathtub are mere shadows of their former selves.

KCC
05-18-2010, 02:41 AM
Another weird thing about that Max & Erma's restaurant -- the restrooms were switched. On each restroom, there was a picture of "Max" or "Erma". The pictures had "men" and "ladies" written on their arm and they were pointing to the other room. That place was always full of quirky little surprises.