PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Readers' Choice Award - UPDATE: J. Weir! (threads merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

skatingfan5
07-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Congratulations to Weir! Nice that the fans gave it him again... This.

Well, donīt you think that actual skating news are more important? Besides, latest news always push down the previous ones.
http://www.usfsa.org/Yes it does -- it just seemed that someone was in such a rush to put up the "latest news" that they couldn't even wait until the date of the article. If it really were so vital that it be posted yesterday, they could have at least dated it July 21. :shuffle:

Jenna
07-22-2010, 07:41 PM
Skate Detroit started yesterday, the day the article was published. The same was done for Liberty last week. Personally, I think you just want to stir up some controversy. Also, it's not like the recent headlines are something to shake a stick at. They are still clearly visible on the main page. :shuffle:

skatingfan5
07-22-2010, 07:56 PM
Skate Detroit started yesterday, the day the article was published. The same was done for Liberty last week. Personally, I think you just want to stir up some controversy. :shuffle:Actually, I don't. But my eye catches nit-picky things like posting an article mid-day on July 21 with a dateline of July 22 and goes :huh:. Of course, I suppose it's possible that the writer/editor/webmaster didn't know what the correct date was yesterday. :slinkaway

Cheylana
07-23-2010, 01:44 AM
Congratulations to Johnny!

The full title of the award is the "Readers' Choice Skater(s) of the Year, Michelle Kwan Trophy." The trophy is scheduled to be presented to Weir at the 2011 U.S. Championships in Greensboro, N.C.
Oh cool, so Johnny will be at US Nationals after all! ;)

MattysMom2005
07-23-2010, 02:52 AM
How the hell did he won, I'll never know. But yay for him! :saint:

it's not difficult to understand how Johnny won because he has LEGIONS of fans who support anything he does.

Us old fans plus a very active vocal new group who love him as an Olympian who gave the best performance in Vancouver, a TV personality who is a riot and a gorgeous unique human being.

As long as it doesn't involve USFS, Johnny will get what he deserves from those who judge him honestly.

HOORAY!! He got my vote!

P.S. I dread next season without him. :-(

cruisin
07-23-2010, 05:04 PM
ITA! Fans should have an outlet to express their opinions of skaters, regardless of competitive results. This award provides such an outlet. I find nothing wrong with fans telling the world that they loved Johnny's performances (or, just that they love Johnny), despite others having had more competitive success.

Absolutely. The fans have spoken!

shan
07-23-2010, 05:07 PM
Congrats to Johnny!! :cheer2:

RockTheTassel
07-23-2010, 05:10 PM
Congratulations to Johnny! He definitely deserves the fan favorite award. :)

Frau Muller
07-23-2010, 05:44 PM
Congratulations to Johnny!

Oh cool, so Johnny will be at US Nationals after all! ;)

Ha-ha!!!! I love it! BRAVO, Johnny.

Polymer Bob
07-25-2010, 02:37 PM
How the hell did he won, I'll never know. But yay for him! :saint:

Vote early, and vote often. :D

REO
07-26-2010, 03:45 AM
it's not difficult to understand how Johnny won because he has LEGIONS of fans who support anything he does.

Us old fans plus a very active vocal new group who love him as an Olympian who gave the best performance in Vancouver, a TV personality who is a riot and a gorgeous unique human being.

As long as it doesn't involve USFS, Johnny will get what he deserves from those who judge him honestly.

HOORAY!! He got my vote!

P.S. I dread next season without him. :-(

What she said!!!!
Yay! The idea that they maybe tried to cover the news up as quickly as they could is kinda entertaining. Made to look wrong again PTB! I almost feel like I won an award myself. :D

cruisin
07-26-2010, 04:05 AM
I don't understand the "cover up" stuff. Johnny's RC Award is still very prominent on the web site.

overedge
07-26-2010, 08:57 PM
The idea that they maybe tried to cover the news up as quickly as they could is kinda entertaining.

It's one of the headlines on the USFS main page. That's not a cover-up.

REO
07-26-2010, 09:40 PM
I haven't seen it. I was just going by what some people on here said. That's great!

overedge
07-26-2010, 09:54 PM
I haven't seen it. I was just going by what some people on here said. That's great!

Then maybe you could have gone and looked for yourself before throwing around conspiracy accusations.