PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Readers' Choice Award - UPDATE: J. Weir! (threads merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

kwanette
07-21-2010, 11:40 PM
How the hell did he won, I'll never know. But yay for him! :saint:

That's what I'm sayin'..

Congrats, Johnny!

Sparks
07-22-2010, 01:37 AM
What kwanette said.

BittyBug
07-22-2010, 02:03 AM
They are already have a July 22 dated story ("Second Summer Team USA Camp This Week At Skate Detroit") as the top news.Let's do the time warp again.......

I guess they just couldn't wait until July 22 to push Johnny down once again. ;)

jlai
07-22-2010, 04:14 AM
It's the top story on icenetwork.

But if you want to see offense, go right ahead

personwhoishere
07-22-2010, 04:42 AM
:blah:

pilates4me
07-22-2010, 04:48 AM
Woo frackin hoo! I like it!

Jenna
07-22-2010, 04:55 AM
If the USFSA disliked Johnny as much as people think, they always could have rigged the vote. ;) Can't we just have this thread be about Johnny's success?

tilak
07-22-2010, 04:55 AM
:blah:

:rolleyes:

IceJunkie
07-22-2010, 05:55 AM
Congrats to Johnny! :)

I personally think other U.S. skaters based on their performances were more deserving, but the people have spoken and this is the READERS choice after all.

personwhoishere
07-22-2010, 07:56 AM
If the USFSA disliked Johnny as much as people think, they always could have rigged the vote. ;) Can't we just have this thread be about Johnny's success?

No; it's about the readers' choice award.

I personally think other U.S. skaters based on their performances were more deserving
This.

Whatever, I guess I should have given up faith in the opinions of the masses long ago. It's clearly a popularity contest, so there's nobody who "deserves" anything.

Jaana
07-22-2010, 08:22 AM
Congratulations to Weir! Nice that the fans gave it him again...

Well, US Figure Skating has already pushed it from the top story down to "recent headlines". They are already have a July 22 dated story ("Second Summer Team USA Camp This Week At Skate Detroit") as the top news.

Well, donīt you think that actual skating news are more important? Besides, latest news always push down the previous ones.

http://www.usfsa.org/

Lilac
07-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Congats to Johnny!
It`s fair.

lmarie086
07-22-2010, 02:11 PM
Well color me surprised! Didn't see that coming, but congrats to Johnny! His Olympic performances were the best he's had in quite awhile and IMO he should've finished higher. He's always been a favorite of mine.

attyfan
07-22-2010, 02:17 PM
Congats to Johnny!
It`s fair.

ITA! Fans should have an outlet to express their opinions of skaters, regardless of competitive results. This award provides such an outlet. I find nothing wrong with fans telling the world that they loved Johnny's performances (or, just that they love Johnny), despite others having had more competitive success.

Lilac
07-22-2010, 03:48 PM
ITA! Fans should have an outlet to express their opinions of skaters, regardless of competitive results. This award provides such an outlet. I find nothing wrong with fans telling the world that they loved Johnny's performances (or, just that they love Johnny), despite others having had more competitive success.

IMHO, the competitive success is the sum of the skating which was perfect of Johnny and the efforts of the USFS federation which hasn`t worked for Johnny.