PDA

View Full Version : DWTS 5/3-4 Cha Cha Challenge

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Garden Kitty
05-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Access Hollywood reports that Julianne Hough is returning next season. (http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/36929423/ns/today-entertainment/) Personally, while I liked her paired with Apollo and Helio, she was beginning to annoy me as the dances seemed to be all about her at the end. I wouldn't mind if she took another season off, and took her brother with her.

rfisher
05-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Hmmm...the country singing career must not be working out as well as she'd hoped.

danceronice
05-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Nicole had something off with her waltz. I think someone upthread mentioned her posture--I don't htink she's toned enough in her core. She's not supporting herself and that could be causing the 'hunch' in cha cha, too.

Bev Johnston
05-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Nicole had something off with her waltz. I think someone upthread mentioned her posture--I don't htink she's toned enough in her core. She's not supporting herself and that could be causing the 'hunch' in cha cha, too.

Which is amazing considering the six-pack/washboard she's sporting every week in her teeny costumes. However, I guess core is not only about abs. Maybe she's weak in the lower back.

Garden Kitty
05-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Entertainment Weekly review of the show (http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20356896_20366216.html)

jenlyon60
05-04-2010, 07:01 PM

Although the timing was good and the tech was there, I thought the expression was forced and slightly mechanical. The waltz never made it into her face either, IMO. Nor did the cha-cha.

Cloudy_Gumdrops
05-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Access Hollywood reports that Julianne Hough is returning next season. (http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/36929423/ns/today-entertainment/) Personally, while I liked her paired with Apollo and Helio, she was beginning to annoy me as the dances seemed to be all about her at the end. I wouldn't mind if she took another season off, and took her brother with her.

I'd be happy to see Julianne back. Derek can still leave though (and take Mark with him). :D

Holley Calmes
05-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Although the timing was good and the tech was there, I thought the expression was forced and slightly mechanical. The waltz never made it into her face either, IMO. Nor did the cha-cha.

Didn't care for that pale pink lipstick either. She's very pretty, and that paleness did not suit her, at least not in that shade. I've already established that I am not her fan, but I will refrain from any further negativity......

Seerek
05-04-2010, 08:35 PM
If anyone's interested, here's how the judges votes are factored into the final total:

Following this formula, the judges gave out 311 "total points" this week. Here's the breakdown for the scores (without the viewer phone, text and online votes factored in yet):

1) Evan (17.36%)
1) Nicole (17.36%)
3) Chad (16.72%)
4) Erin (16.40%)
4) Pamela (16.40%)
6) Niecy (15.76%)

That the thing - I doubt that the fan voting margins between the contestants are as close as compared to the judges score distribution. In fact, the group cha-cha only bunched the contestants closer together rather than create separation.

For example, Niecy only needs 1.6% more fan votes to displace Evan.

soxxy
05-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Entertainment Weekly review of the show (http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20356896_20366216.html)

From the review:

It's almost like the judges and producers agreed to not pimp Chad for a certain number of weeks so that he wouldn't develop a big head. It worked! But instead he's ''flaunting it'' via diamond-rich gifts to Cheryl. It's so uncomfortable to sit around and have no choice but to hear about them. Just put the necklace in front if you're going to show it to us anyway!

I've had enough of the diamonds, myself. :yawn:

uyeahu
05-04-2010, 09:53 PM
I just worry that people think Evan is safe and vote for someone else they like who they think is in more danger. I hope I'm proven wrong!

I worry the same thing. :(

barbk
05-04-2010, 10:06 PM
That the thing - I doubt that the fan voting margins between the contestants are as close as compared to the judges score distribution. In fact, the group cha-cha only bunched the contestants closer together rather than create separation.

For example, Niecy only needs 1.6% more fan votes to displace Evan.

Yes -- instead of a 30 getting Evan a big lead on the bottom of the field, the way the judges scores worked this week is that the judges have effectively left the decision to the audience. I'm nervous for him. (My guess is that if he, Nicole or Erin end up leaving tonight that they'll think long and hard about having the judges do this again anytime soon.)

AYS
05-04-2010, 11:19 PM
I'm definitely worried. I don't understand how Evan could be at or near the bottom of dialidol this week after a fabulous dance after being at the top of DI last week. Do *that* many people vote based on who they think is in danger vs. who they like?

Fridge_Break
05-04-2010, 11:26 PM

:cheer2: I luuuuuuuurve Julianne, I'm so happy she's coming back. Although I have to agree that I didn't like her in the last season she was part of, but honestly I think most of that was she was dancing with her :blah: boyfriend at the time and the :argue: came out. I think she really only took time off because she ended up with a few hits on the country charts and decided to ride that wave out while she could.. I think she had always planned on returning to the show. I saw her in concert, she's an excellent singer and performer. I wonder where the source came from that she and Chuck broke up 'shortly after' their elimination from the show? When I saw her in July he was there with her.

On to last night...

I LOOOOOOOOOVE Pam. So much... I gave her all my phone votes when my friend texted me at work and said she got the lowest score in the individual dances.
Niecy makes me laugh sooo much, and I was surprised how light her quickstep was. And compared to the start of the season, you can tell how much dancing has helped her figure, she looks great!
Absolutely love Erin's attitude, and she's improved so much in the last couple of dances. And I could sit and watch her and Maks bicker all day long :lol:
Evan was excellent! I'm so glad he got the first perfect score of the season instead of Nicole.
85 is okay.. I still have yet to warm up to him, but he's been dancing well lately. I think he might get snuffed this week, though.
Nicole can be shockingly eliminated at any time now.

ETA:

I'm definitely worried. I don't understand how Evan could be at or near the bottom of dialidol this week after a fabulous dance after being at the top of DI last week. Do *that* many people vote based on who they think is in danger vs. who they like?
I just checked the raw numbers. There were a total of 1,120 votes cast through DialIdol. That's... really not much of a sample size considering that email and text votes aren't included, and that 20 million people watch the show :lol:

KikiSashaFan
05-04-2010, 11:31 PM
Maks just tweeted

I'm the one designing @ErinAndrewsESPN's dresses for the show, so I'll just assume that @ehasselbeck is jealous...and stupid 4 her comments.

I dunno what she said, but I now love him more.