PDA

View Full Version : Summer Movies Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

Buzz
07-17-2010, 01:34 AM
Not sure why but I am just not into Inception for some reason. I guess I am just tired of feeling sorry for Leo at the end of his movies. LOL But he has had some of my favourite movies of the years. :) I'll just wait until it comes on PPV

Anita18
07-18-2010, 06:07 AM
I'm planning on seeing Inception tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it. Although Nolan sometimes can be a bit cold for me, I always admire his creativity.
I think his movies definitely read cold after one viewing, because you're trying to figure out the stories! They're constructed very non-traditionally and are hard to gauge.

Inception's not necessarily a "smart" movie like 2001, but it definitely forces you to pay attention. It makes sense on a superficial level, but you can also find a bunch of deeper layers underneath if you wish.

All in all it's the story of a man against his mind. That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Not sure why but I am just not into Inception for some reason. I guess I am just tired of feeling sorry for Leo at the end of his movies. LOL But he has had some of my favourite movies of the years. :) I'll just wait until it comes on PPV
Well, after seeing Inception, I can't say whether you'll feel the same way here. It all depends on how you interpret the ending. ;)

Kasey
07-18-2010, 07:13 AM
And...

Salt (Angelina Jolie) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ40WlshNwU)

...it also stars Liev Schreiber and Andre Braugher. I read in the newspaper today that they except Salt to open north of $30 million. It doesn't open until July 23rd. Anyone know how they can predict a movie's box office so early? I know sometimes movies have advance ticket sales, but I don't think this is one of those movies.

The mention of Andre Braugher sold me. I can stand an Angelina film for him! :)

orbitz
07-20-2010, 02:16 PM
SALT movie premier in Hollywood:
http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2010-07-20-salt20_ST_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip

D*mn, Brad Pitt is looking might fine again :hat1:. Oh yeah, Angie doesn't look bad either :lol:,

PeterG
07-20-2010, 05:05 PM
SALT movie premier in Hollywood:
http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2010-07-20-salt20_ST_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip

D*mn, Brad Pitt is looking might fine again :hat1:. Oh yeah, Angie doesn't look bad either :lol:,

They really seem to understand that the public are their employers (the public being the ones who pay for the movie tickets, etc.) by being very respectful of the fans. And it was cool how they made a point of including Quinton Aaron (from The Blind Side) who even now might have his career slipping into oblivion.

And Jolie is a saint for making things work with her father. I wonder if he is as big a nutjob as I think he is. I know Jolie had her own "nutjob" phase, but that was when she was in her twenties, when people are supposed to go through that and get it out of their system! :D

Ajax
07-20-2010, 08:50 PM
I saw Despicable Me last week. Have to say I was disappointed. The previews made it look hilarious but I thought it was trying too hard.
Have also seen so far: Eclipse, Iron Man 2, Sex and the City 2, Inception, Shrek 4, Toy Story 3. Shrek 4 was bad and Sex and the City 2 was atrocious. Eclipse was surprisingly not that bad!

Allskate
07-20-2010, 09:02 PM

IMO, if you're going to see the movie at some point, it's a good idea to see it in the theatre because some of the visuals are really cool and are best seen on a big screen. I wasn't into the idea of seeing Avatar and waited to see it on DVD and then wished I had seen it in the theatre.

Anita18
07-20-2010, 09:17 PM
IMO, if you're going to see the movie at some point, it's a good idea to see it in the theatre because some of the visuals are really cool and are best seen on a big screen. I wasn't into the idea of seeing Avatar and waited to see it on DVD and then wished I had seen it in the theatre.
Fox is re-releasing Avatar with 8 more minutes of material in late August. So you'll have your chance. :)

I'm trying to get my friend to go see it even though she's not a huge fan of James Cameron's scripts, because the visuals really have to be seen to be believed. Although I pretty much facepalmed after every line of dialogue, which is why I'll only see it again if someone puts it on mute. :lol:

KikiSashaFan
07-21-2010, 03:08 AM
Inception was phenominal. I don't usually watch movies over and over, but I'll probably go see it again.

genevieve
07-21-2010, 06:48 AM
Just got back from seeing Despicable Me. It wasn't all that meaty, but it was fun galore, and really lovely to watch. We saw it in good ol' 2-D (meaning the theater was almost empty; I'm sure the 3-D screening down the hall had way more people) and it was fine, but there were a couple of things that probably looked really cool in 3-D.

I want a Minnion!

..I guess I am just tired of feeling sorry for Leo at the end of his movies.
PML! Too true :lol:

lmarie086
07-21-2010, 01:32 PM
Just saw Inception. Holy wow, I loved it.

BigB08822
07-21-2010, 04:19 PM
I also loved Inception. I wouldn't mind seeing it again. I think the movie was something like 2.5 hours but wow, the time just flew by. I never once lost interest and wondered "how much longer" or "what time is it?" I actually never once looked at my phone for the time!

Gypsy
07-21-2010, 05:21 PM
I saw Despicable Me this weekend and absolutely loved it. It was a very cute and funny film. :)

This is one I can't wait to see.

peibeck
07-21-2010, 10:31 PM
I read in the newspaper today that they except Salt to open north of $30 million. It doesn't open until July 23rd. Anyone know how they can predict a movie's box office so early? I know sometimes movies have advance ticket sales, but I don't think this is one of those movies.

Movies are "tracked" just like election polls. And just like election polls, the results are not always accurate, but are generally fairly good at predicting results. Tracking on many tent-poll pictures starts as soon as a project is announced to gauge potential audience awareness and interest.

Buzz
07-21-2010, 10:47 PM
I want to see Salt especially given the recent spying scandals. :lol: