PDA

View Full Version : Summer Movies Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

Satellitegirl
07-02-2010, 05:10 PM
I'm going to see Knight and Day on Monday. I'm looking forward to it. I think I might go see Eclipse Sunday.

Glad to hear you didn't think The Last Airbender was bad, Buzz. I never watched the TV show, so I'll probably find it entertaining enough.

BigB08822
07-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Are they remaking Spiderman? I thought they were just doing another one, the next part of the franchise I guess you could say. They recast Tobey Maguire, which had to happen sooner or later, but it isn't a remaking as far as I know. I could be wrong.

VIETgrlTerifa
07-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Are they remaking Spiderman? I thought they were just doing another one, the next part of the franchise I guess you could say. They recast Tobey Maguire, which had to happen sooner or later, but it isn't a remaking as far as I know. I could be wrong.

I think they want to retool it to start the franchise over where Peter Parker is in high school for the first movie, and maybe keep it closer to the comic books. Which means we might have the first movie with Gwen Stacey and Peter might have to actually deal with her death, etc.

There was a animated show that Sony did recently called Spectacular Spiderman which was actually very well-done (despite popularity, it got canceled after Disney bought Marvel). They kept the spirit of Spiderman and was a pretty close adaptation to the main story arc of Peter Parker. I think they wanted to re-do the movie franchise like that and having Spiderman 3 be extremely horrific of an adaptation just makes me want to welcome the reboot. I loved Spiderman 2 but I always had a problem with the way Sam Raimi decided to adapt the comic series and thought the ending of the first movie was a total cop-out.

Plus, Tobey Maguire isn't who I imagined as Peter Parker (shallow but, I imagined Peter Parker...you know attractive) while Kirsten Dunst is more of a Gwen Stacey than a Mary Jane Watson.

Last I heard, they wanted the director of (500) Days of Summer to do it.

Anita18
07-02-2010, 07:05 PM
I think they want to retool it to start the franchise over where Peter Parker is in high school for the first movie, and maybe keep it closer to the comic books. Which means we might have the first movie with Gwen Stacey and Peter might have to actually deal with her death, etc.

There was a animated show that Sony did recently called Spectacular Spiderman which was actually very well-done (despite popularity, it got canceled after Disney bought Marvel). They kept the spirit of Spiderman and was a pretty close adaptation to the main story arc of Peter Parker. I think they wanted to re-do the movie franchise like that and having Spiderman 3 be extremely horrific of an adaptation just makes me want to welcome the reboot. I loved Spiderman 2 but I always had a problem with the way Sam Raimi decided to adapt the comic series and thought the ending of the first movie was a total cop-out.

Plus, Tobey Maguire isn't who I imagined as Peter Parker (shallow but, I imagined Peter Parker...you know attractive) while Kirsten Dunst is more of a Gwen Stacey than a Mary Jane Watson.

Last I heard, they wanted the director of (500) Days of Summer to do it.
Yup, should be interesting.

The recast Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield) is already 26 though, so I heard somewhere that they were gonna start with him in college...again. :lol: Who knows, hopefully it'll be refreshing with some new people in the mix. Sam Raimi's Spider-Man movies were always too cheesy for me....

lmarie086
07-02-2010, 07:40 PM
I'm so excited they're redoing (or retooling, however you want to look at it) Spiderman! I was a big fan of the comics and the cartoon as a kid, so I was pretty disappointed with the movies. I don't mind a cheesy movie, in fact I even like it from time to time...but the cheesy has to be well done. And IMO, it wasn't. So yeah, can't wait! Also heard they're doing a musical, which, well... :runs: probably.

Saw Toy Story twice. Teared up both times, and I REALLY want to see it a third time. It's that good. I love it.

I also saw Eclipse the other day and it really wasn't as bad as I was expecting. The director did the best he could with the material and actually made it pretty decent. Of course there were still parts that I laughed at that probably weren't meant to be funny...but hey lol. It was decent. Too bad they're changing the director again for the fourth movie (which, btw, I don't get why it has to be done in two parts. But that's just me).

Buzz
07-02-2010, 11:32 PM
The Last Airbender finished thursday in 2nd place which isn't bad considering the terrible reviews. I am glad it seems to doing well enough and I remember leaving the cinema with the kids talking about water, prince, fire etc. LOL

Twilight made almost 25 million from wednesday midnight to thursday which is phenominal! It most certainly is not my kind of movie but lots of people love it even adults so I suspect by the end of the long weekend Twilight will probably make over 100 million.

Frozen_Fire
07-03-2010, 12:15 AM
I heard The Last Airbender was godawful, but I still kind of want to give it a chance considering it is, well, M. Night Shyamalan.

Others I want to see include Knight and Day, Toy Story 3, and Eat, Pray, Love. I was planning on seeing the Twilight movie for the laughs, but considering how well it's doing, I might come out actually enjoying it.

martian_girl
07-11-2010, 11:26 PM
I saw Despicable Me this weekend and absolutely loved it. It was a very cute and funny film. :)

mpal2
07-12-2010, 12:42 AM
I saw Despicable Me this weekend and absolutely loved it. It was a very cute and funny film. :)

It's doing well at the box office.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/12/movies/12box.html?src=mv

I went to see this with the BIL, nieces and nephew (kid ages are 4, 8 and 10) last night. Everyone enjoyed it. There's enough in it to keep little kids mesmerized and the older ones entertained.

My favorite part (which also made the trailer): "IT'S SO FLUFFY!" :rofl:

lmarie086
07-12-2010, 03:56 PM

I saw it this past weekend as well and it was hilarious! I don't think my friends and I ever really stopped laughing.

Satellitegirl
07-12-2010, 08:55 PM
I saw Eclipse yesterday....better than the other movies, but still had a couple of *rolls eyes* parts in it. Can't get past the cheese in some places lol. I enjoyed it though, and the dialogue was a lot better in this movie. also Jasper and Emmett(sp) :swoon:

mashenka82
07-12-2010, 11:54 PM
I saw Eclipse on opening day and I actually really enjoyed it. I loved the books and actually enjoyed the first movie (the second was pretty much cr*p), but this one was really quite well done!! I liked seeing more of Emmett and Robert Pattinson's acting was quite decent and KStew improved quite a bit (Taylor was awful just as in the previous movies, but oh well).

I've also seen A-Team, which I also enjoyed and you have to take it for what it is - a fun action flick! Loved all the guys in the movie though so it was really really fun to watch!

I also saw SATC 2, and it was such garbage, I can't even describe! The only fun bit was the Liza wedding, but after that it just became crap.

Looking forward to seeing Despicable Me and Inception in the next few weeks.

orbitz
07-13-2010, 12:43 AM
I'm looking forward to "Salt". Jolie was filming in Washington D.C. just a few months back, and some of my co-workers caught a glimpse of her filming during their lunch hour.

Anita18
07-13-2010, 12:44 AM
Looking forward to seeing Despicable Me and Inception in the next few weeks.
WOOO! :cheer: I can't believe the glowing reviews it's getting. They're up there with Toy Story 3.

BigB08822
07-13-2010, 01:33 AM
I definitely want to see Inception after seeing more trailers for it. Looks really interesting.

I heard that the final 2 Twilight films will be shooting in Baton Rouge, LA! Oh my, is this place going to be overrun with Twihards? They are filming other places as well, such as Canada probably for the outdoor shots but Baton Rouge will be one of the main filming places.