PDA

View Full Version : Summer Movies Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Wyliefan
05-03-2010, 02:46 PM
I brought up the idea of a group trip to see Robin Hood at my last Bible study meeting. One of the guys said knowingly, "Oh, because of Russell Crowe." I said, "Nope. Matthew Macfadyen." :lol: I care nothing for Crowe, but Macfadyen . . . :swoon:

immoimeme
05-04-2010, 12:02 AM
Be seein' what I voted for when it comes out on DVD....

Buzz
05-04-2010, 12:22 AM
Here are a few not on that list I would like to see.:

Piranha - CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP... anyone hungry? :EVILLE:
Beastly - I remember reading a storying that sounds similar to this movie :)

Wyliefan
05-04-2010, 12:24 AM
I'm glad to see Twlight doesn't have any votes yet. I know we all love sparkles here, but a sparkly vampire is just wrong.

I'll be seeing it to review (and then again when the RiffTrax comes out). I just didn't want to vote for it. :D

myhoneyhoney
05-04-2010, 02:47 AM
Toy Story 3 is a must but I'd like to see Iron Man because I love RDJ

Wyliefan
05-15-2010, 08:05 PM
I can recommend Robin Hood. Saw it last night. I found it a little violent -- but then I'm a total wuss, so I'm no judge of violence! And it wasn't nearly as violent as it could have been. Anyway, the story was interesting, and the actors were good, and I really liked the historical stuff, although I'm sure it was as full of inaccuracies as historical movies always are. I was thrilled to see Eleanor of Aquitaine; I've loved her ever since The Lion in Winter. :D Eileen Atkins is no Katharine Hepburn, but she did just fine. Especially when she smacked King John!

I saw it with eight people, and I think they all enjoyed it! A couple of them said it was even better than they expected.

Buzz
05-21-2010, 12:08 PM
After the Cup: Sons of Sakhnin United (2010)
This is not a movie but a documentary about the bueatiful game. (football/soccer) Bnei Sakhnin is a football club from Israel based in a mainly Arab town. To succeed at the top level they brought in Jewish players and together the team made it all the way to the UEFA Cup. Very moving and touching story. ( Europa Cup)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fg1sab3eVE

KikiSashaFan
05-26-2010, 02:01 AM
I passed by the movie theater tonight and there was a sign up saying "All showings of Letters to Juliet Sold Out". I was both :rofl: and :huh:

rjblue
05-26-2010, 02:03 AM
Prince of Persia

Jake + campy adventure = fun.

Buzz
05-26-2010, 03:08 AM
I want to see Prince of Persia but I am no fan of Jake Gyllenhaal. Not sure why but I never liked the guy at all.

lmarie086
05-26-2010, 03:39 PM
^^Agreed. For some reason he's always annoyed me..but I want to see Prince of Persia as well. I'm really hoping it's good.

Ironman 2 was great IMO...not as good as the original (but what sequel ever is?) but I still thought it was pretty strong.

Cannot wait for Toy Story 3 and Inception!

martian_girl
05-26-2010, 06:16 PM
I saw both Iron Man and Shrek this weekend. Both were enjoyable, but I wasn't blown away by either.

Reviews for Sex in the City 2 are quite brutal so far (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sex_and_the_city_2/).

Twilight1
05-26-2010, 09:08 PM
I will be seeing Airbender, Toy Story 3 with the kids, Eclipse (yay!- lmao!), and this Sunday I am going to see Iron Man 2.

Buzz
05-31-2010, 01:45 AM
Saw Prince Of Persia today and loved it! Finally a movie which may just be better than the trailer. As much as it hurts to admit it, Jake Gyllenhaal did an excellent job in the role. Mind you the movie is pure eye candy, do not expect anything too deep or meaningful etc. But it is lots of fun and I would give it a 9 out of 10. As a matter of fact, I want to see it again! :cheer2: Just wanted to add that although the movie did poorly in the domestic Market, it did exptremely well internationally. Prince Of Persia made about $87 million internationally for a total weekend box office of $117 million. :)

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=princeofpersia.htm

PeterG
06-26-2010, 05:26 PM
I saw Knight and Day last night with a friend. The audience was there to have a good time and they weren't disappointed. I asked my friend before it started, "do you think it'll be more of a comedy, or more of an action movie?" Then the sneak previews started, and they were almost all for action movies, so that sort of answered my question!

But there was lots of comedy in addition to all the action (many sequences made me squirm in my seat they were so well done!!). What's interesting about the comedy is hearing how certain bits affected different parts of the audience. You could hear guys laughing at certain things and some parts me and my friend laughed at with others in our section. What's good about this is that the comedy is diverse enough that it reaches different groups of people.

I just read that they are not expecting this movie to do well from early box office receipts, but from the reaction of the audience last night, my thought was that this one was going to be a BIG hit. Two thumbs up for sure.